PDA

View Full Version : KW V3 Ride height and settings

V8weight
April 11th, 2009, 21:03
I've had my KW's installed for about 2 months now and I feel like I finally have my "personal" optimum setup. Ive just gotten back from a 150 mile cruise around Lake Pepin, and all I can say is wow. This car finally feels right. What with the new torque converter, full 55k service, new maf sensors and N75 valve, and getting the KW's dialed in, this thing is quite the machine.
My fender to ground measurements are 25 1/4" in the front and 25 1/2" in the rear. The recommended height measurements from KW tended to give the car an undesirable muscle car rake. So I am 5mm higher than the lowest recommended height in the front, and 10mm lower in the rear. I am running the default bump (compression) settings which are 3/4 turns open from full hard front and rear. I am running 1 click firmer rebound both front and rear than the default settings of 6 clicks open in the front and 9 clicks open in the rear. Here are a few picks to show the ride height. By the way, at this height I have 1.5* negative camber, which I find to be a good compromise between handling and tire wear.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/004.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/010.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/007-2.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/001.jpg

vangelis
April 11th, 2009, 21:08
I've had my KW's installed for about 2 months now and I feel like I finally have my "personal" optimum setup. Ive just gotten back from a 150 mile cruise around Lake Pepin, and all I can say is wow. This car finally feels right. What with the new torque converter, full 55k service, new maf sensors and N75 valve, and getting the KW's dialed in, this thing is quite the machine.
My fender to ground measurements are 25 1/4" in the front and 25 1/2" in the rear. The recommended height measurements from KW tended to give the car an undesirable muscle car rake. So I am 5mm higher than the lowest recommended height in the front, and 10mm lower in the rear. I am running the default bump (compression) settings which are 3/4 turns open from full hard front and rear. I am running 1 click firmer rebound both front and rear than the default settings of 6 clicks open in the front and 9 clicks open in the rear. Here are a few picks to show the ride height. By the way, at this height I have 1.5* negative camber, which I find to be a good compromise between handling and tire wear.

Looks awesome man,, its really sits very nicee ,, I would go for this KWs very soon. I still wanna hear a sound clip for ur Eisenmann :)

V8weight
April 11th, 2009, 21:13
Looks awesome man,, its really sits very nicee ,, I would go for this KWs very soon. I still wanna hear a sound clip for ur Eisenmann :)
I'm sorry, I forgot all about that. I'll have to wait until someone is around to film be driving away, I'm not big on soundclips of some putz just sitting there revving a car.

DHall1
April 11th, 2009, 21:14
Pat,

Thank you for that writeup and the subject title is perfect for others to find this thread in the future. The detail to your post is noted and gives others all the correct footsteps to follow this path.

Oh yeah, I agree with the setting changes and the outcome is fantastic. That last shot up high is just cool.

Cheers

Dave

V8weight
April 11th, 2009, 21:21
Pat,

Thank you for that writeup and the subject title is perfect for others to find this thread in the future. The detail to your post is noted and gives others all the correct footsteps to follow this path.

Oh yeah, I agree with the setting changes and the outcome is fantastic. That last shot up high is just cool.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks, That was my whole intention. When I was trying to set mine up, the "search" function didn't turn up any real helpful info, so I wanted someone to be able to just type in "KW V3 settings" in the future.

DHall1
April 11th, 2009, 21:25
I had a feeling that was the case. I think the RS6.com forum is quickly becoming the best site for owners. The site hits and thread view counts blow away all other locations. The more and more we include detailed threads with proper subject titles will only add to this growth.

Thanks, That was my whole intention. When I was trying to wet mine up, the "search" function didn't turn up any real helpful info, so I wanted someone to be able to just type in "KW V3 settings" in the future.

MaxRS6
April 11th, 2009, 21:54
Ditto- I have enjoyed the firm ride and the lowered settings the KW's allowed. The Hotchkis sway bars also improved the handling. The car "sticks" to the road and it is great not to be out of a car continously due to DRC issues.

Nice write up and pics.