PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 Owner

M5 Eater
April 10th, 2009, 15:39
Hello All,
I just purchased an 03 RS6. It's in a unique color that I haven't seen. It looks grey at night but in the light it is Dark Basalt.

I look forward to chatting and contributing to this Forum. I'm now a Proud Beast owner!!!:applause:

snoopra
April 10th, 2009, 15:45
Congrats and welcome!

Fart
April 10th, 2009, 16:10
very nice!!

MaxRS6
April 10th, 2009, 16:48
:rs6kiss:

Ruergard
April 11th, 2009, 10:05
Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Interesting colour, I like it! :addict:

RS6-4dr911
April 11th, 2009, 10:59
Find the color code, I definitely need to add that one to the VIN list. Looks like that Cherry color some have had, first I've seen on RS though.

allwheelsdriven
April 11th, 2009, 16:11
cool color

are those conti extremecontact tires on that?

Golffather
April 11th, 2009, 16:39
Congrats and welcome

I'm liking the colour :rs6kiss:

DHall1
April 11th, 2009, 17:29
more pics please

DuckWingDuck
April 11th, 2009, 20:53
it's very similar to the 'root beer' colour on that vantage that I was looking at. It looks tremendous.

AUDI5000CSTQ
April 11th, 2009, 21:29
Congrats and welcome, Nice color.
What is the lineage? Whos was it before?

M5 Eater
April 13th, 2009, 14:22
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Those are Conti Extremecontacts on there. They seem to work great. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I will find the color code and let you know what it is. <o:p></o:p>
The previous owner was an older gentleman who was getting a divorce and didn’t want the Ex to get her hands on it so he sold it to me. <o:p></o:p>
I will send more pics when the weather starts to cooperate again and I can pull it outside and get some more.<o:p></o:p>

mmaturo
April 13th, 2009, 19:06
Hello All,
I just purchased an 03 RS6. It's in a unique color that I haven't seen. It looks grey at night but in the light it is Dark Basalt.

I look forward to chatting and contributing to this Forum. I'm now a Proud Beast owner!!!:applause:

ahhh yes...this one has popped up before...you may have the only one in the US...its a black cherry more often seen on A8s but special ordered for your car. I think you are 1 of 1.

Copper
April 13th, 2009, 19:43
Yeah, we have seen this one before. Claim is that this is 1/1 in North America and I believe it! Nice color and welcome to the club.

Change out those crappy Contis for some PS2 tires and you will notice a huge difference.

My friend who got me hooked on Audi has a C5 A6 2.7T highly modified and his A6 is this color as well.

kwilson032003
April 14th, 2009, 22:55
Hello All,

Bought mine last month and it arrived 2 weeks ago. :rs6kiss: Just took it in for the recall on the DRC and get the once over treatment. I should be getting the car back this Thursday.

Congrats on the purchase.

DuckWingDuck
April 14th, 2009, 23:25
post some pics!

DHall1
April 15th, 2009, 00:30
Did they replace the DRC?

Bought mine last month and it arrived 2 weeks ago. :rs6kiss: Just took it in for the recall on the DRC and get the once over treatment. I should be getting the car back this Thursday.

Congrats on the purchase.

kwilson032003
April 15th, 2009, 02:57
Did they replace the DRC?

They said they are going to replace all four corner with the upgraded system per recall from Audi. The dealer that is performing the repair is Audi of Rochester Hills, Mi.

SAFE4NOW
April 15th, 2009, 04:12
Welcome and Congrats!

Steve
:addict:

RS6-4dr911
April 15th, 2009, 05:43
(since I've twice been told by the local dealer to shut up and wait until they call my name for the retrofit, but yet numerous noobs waltz right in to the dealer and are told, "sure, we'll replace the DRC with the shiny new ones", this seems to be the other effective method . . . . .)

Listen up Audi of America!! I'm fixin' to sue your collective asses off!! Call my damn dealer and tell him to get my new system in stock PRONTO!! I've got the clunk in the trunk and signs of leakage at all four corners and I pee myself with fright everytime I drive to the store for WIC milk to feed my starving babies (8 of them) and the car swerves and bounces and rattles DANGEROUSLY. Call 'em, NOW, I MEAN IT!!

Do you have any idea how close I live to the most litigious, consumer friendly Federal Circuit Court in the entire US?? (Beaumont,TX by the way, seriously, it is) Do you realize how many ads for personal injury attorneys I see on tv while I sit on my velour sectional couch eating cheesy puffs watching Jerry Springer? I'm pissed! I'm tired of being a good little boy while you pat me on the head and tell me to wait while the people that confront you and (temporarily I'm sure) act like complete raving lunatic jackasses get the new goodies.:cry:

Put that shit on a plane from Ingolstadt NOW and I'll gladly make an appointment to have the local dealer install it with the NEW PARTS and the NEW TOOLS. You seem to be able to track other people down on their cell phones without them having given it out so CALL ME DAMMIT!!!:vgrumpy:

DuckWingDuck
April 15th, 2009, 05:59
rofl. That's a good one.

vangelis
April 15th, 2009, 06:19
Seems I will do the same with Audi Middle East here, I'm still waiting for any reply for over 2 months now.

DHall1
April 15th, 2009, 15:14
Or you could just put a call into AoA and ask for the RS6 group.

Willie did just that yesterday. Bingo, he has shocks on the way.

(since I've twice been told by the local dealer to shut up and wait until they call my name for the retrofit, but yet numerous noobs waltz right in to the dealer and are told, "sure, we'll replace the DRC with the shiny new ones", this seems to be the other effective method . . . . .)

Listen up Audi of America!! I'm fixin' to sue your collective asses off!! Call my damn dealer and tell him to get my new system in stock PRONTO!! I've got the clunk in the trunk and signs of leakage at all four corners and I pee myself with fright everytime I drive to the store for WIC milk to feed my starving babies (8 of them) and the car swerves and bounces and rattles DANGEROUSLY. Call 'em, NOW, I MEAN IT!!

Do you have any idea how close I live to the most litigious, consumer friendly Federal Circuit Court in the entire US?? (Beaumont,TX by the way, seriously, it is) Do you realize how many ads for personal injury attorneys I see on tv while I sit on my velour sectional couch eating cheesy puffs watching Jerry Springer? I'm pissed! I'm tired of being a good little boy while you pat me on the head and tell me to wait while the people that confront you and (temporarily I'm sure) act like complete raving lunatic jackasses get the new goodies.:cry:

Put that shit on a plane from Ingolstadt NOW and I'll gladly make an appointment to have the local dealer install it with the NEW PARTS and the NEW TOOLS. You seem to be able to track other people down on their cell phones without them having given it out so CALL ME DAMMIT!!!:vgrumpy:

M5 Eater
April 15th, 2009, 20:53
I see that we have some very frustrated individuals out there!!!! All I did was call AoA and ask for the RS6 Team. They have been very friendly and call me every two days or so to give me updates on the status of the parts and when they will arrive at the dealer.

All four corners have failed and AoA said that they will replace the DRC on a case by case basis before Aug.. I made an appointment with the stealer and had them take pics to send to AoA. So if you are having issues that are sufficient enough I'm sure AoA will make arrangements to send you the new system before Aug.

I wish everyone that has DRC issues the best of luck and a speedy fix!!!!

Just a tip: Kindness and good conversation go a long way on the phone!!!!

DHall1
April 15th, 2009, 21:45
Ding Ding.

We have a winner on an otherwise depressing day.

I just got my tax forms from the CPA. You dont even want to know how much money we paid the corrupt government we have. It makes me sick.

Damn, I need to stick a truck load of tea bags up DC's ass. What also makes me mad is that we overpaid and I gave them $8,000 of my money to use for 12 months.

Shitter

I see that we have some very frustrated individuals out there!!!! All I did was call AoA and ask for the RS6 Team. They have been very friendly and call me every two days or so to give me updates on the status of the parts and when they will arrive at the dealer.

All four corners have failed and AoA said that they will replace the DRC on a case by case basis before Aug.. I made an appointment with the stealer and had them take pics to send to AoA. So if you are having issues that are sufficient enough I'm sure AoA will make arrangements to send you the new system before Aug.

I wish everyone that has DRC issues the best of luck and a speedy fix!!!!

Just a tip: Kindness and good conversation go a long way on the phone!!!!

Spidercat
April 17th, 2009, 02:37
ahhh yes...this one has popped up before...you may have the only one in the US...its a black cherry more often seen on A8s but special ordered for your car. I think you are 1 of 1.

+1
I saw this car on Ebay last year and was located in VA, I think. Don't know whether it sold at the time. It was listed as Black Cherry Pearl, and I saved a bunch of pictures in my RS6 folder on my desktop (doesn't everyone have an RS6 folder for special RS6 photos?). Computer's still getting fixed, otherwise I'd be posting the pix. Really like the color! Definitely unique!:thumb:

Also, spoke with AoA through the RS6 hotline for an unrelated issue, and they said that I have to wait until August for the DRC upgrade since mine seems to be working fine now.

DHall1
April 17th, 2009, 03:49
Nothing a squirt bottle of mineral oil could fix.

:nono:

:w:

:argue:

:nana:

+1
I saw this car on Ebay last year and was located in VA, I think. Don't know whether it sold at the time. It was listed as Black Cherry Pearl, and I saved a bunch of pictures in my RS6 folder on my desktop (doesn't everyone have an RS6 folder for special RS6 photos?). Computer's still getting fixed, otherwise I'd be posting the pix. Really like the color! Definitely unique!:thumb:

Also, spoke with AoA through the RS6 hotline for an unrelated issue, and they said that I have to wait until August for the DRC upgrade since mine seems to be working fine now.

Spidercat
April 17th, 2009, 21:53
Yes, the thought had crossed my mind.

Very articulate use of the icons, by the way! I didn't realize how efficient heiroglyphics (sp?) could be. Much better economy of words!

DHall1
April 17th, 2009, 22:26
Glad to see others enjoy my humor.

I didnt really want to come out and say it and would be torn between the devil and the saint in my own head if push came to shove. But, mine is blown and I dont have to make that decision.

Yes, the thought had crossed my mind.

Very articulate use of the icons, by the way! I didn't realize how efficient heiroglyphics (sp?) could be. Much better economy of words!

joydriver
April 17th, 2009, 23:57
Congrats on the new Beast.

mmaturo
April 18th, 2009, 06:32
Nothing a squirt bottle of mineral oil could fix.

:nono:

:w:

:argue:

:nana:

LOL...

I like the way you think.

Although i just sorta thought my trans was going...sure enough yep...i'm so happy, don't need any more downtown for a few months so actually hope my DRC makes it to August.

M5 Eater
April 20th, 2009, 14:00
So I dropped the Beast off to have the new redesigned DRC system installed today! I will let you know how it turns out when I pick it up. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DHall1
April 20th, 2009, 14:09
Could you perform this quick bounce and deflection test after the install?

Open the trunk.....take both hands on the trunk floor and push down on the rear of the car. How much suspension "squat" do you get.

Taking into account a normal 180-200lb adult and just pushing down.

Does deflect say 1 inch, 2 or 1/2 inch? Is the damping rate(stiff to push, easy, controlled?)

??

Good luck with the repair and let us know if the Central Valves were changed?

So I dropped the Beast off to have the new redesigned DRC system installed today! I will let you know how it turns out when I pick it up. <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

M5 Eater
April 27th, 2009, 18:52
Well I picked up the Beast after the new DRC replacement and all seems to be working great. I will tell you this, it is night and day compared to the old DRC system! The ride is so much better. I looked under the car and when AoA said that they came out with a new system they weren't joking, completely new design. Mine was the first one that the dealer has done so it took 2 days to complete. It's ok, they gave me a new S4 to cruise while I waited.

DHall1: Could you perform this quick bounce and deflection test after the install?

I will do the bounce test today and let you know what i come up with.

Spidercat
April 27th, 2009, 20:59
Well I picked up the Beast after the new DRC replacement and all seems to be working great. I will tell you this, it is night and day compared to the old DRC system! The ride is so much better. I looked under the car and when AoA said that they came out with a new system they weren't joking, completely new design. Mine was the first one that the dealer has done so it took 2 days to complete. It's ok, they gave me a new S4 to cruise while I waited.

I can't wait any longer!
Was your DRC shot already when you brought it in, or functioning ok?

BTW, was that S4 the new V6 supercharged or the V8? If it was the new V6, how did you like it compared to the RS6? Also, was it the auto or manual? Our A4 may need to be replaced, and I wanted a snapshot impression from an RS6 driver. I'm not quite at the point of test-driving one myself yet.