PDA

View Full Version : KW V3's or new DRC

brownins
April 10th, 2009, 02:18
I put KW's on because I knew the original DRC design was flawed. With the redesign should I go back to the DRC? The KW's handle great, however I wouldn't mind an improvement in ride quality with the DRC suspension installed. What are others planning on doing? Thanks<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

DHall1
April 10th, 2009, 02:26
I would give the new redesign a chance. AoA called me on my cell phone. They plan to install the new design asap and will work with the local RS Certified service to ensure the job is completed properly.

That is some service. I dont know how AoA got my number. But, the fact they did and are making this happen. I am very happy.

I put KW's on because I knew the original DRC design was flawed. With the redesign should I go back to the DRC? The KW's handle great, however I wouldn't mind an improvement in ride quality with the DRC suspension installed. What are others planning on doing? Thanks<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

GEN XER
April 10th, 2009, 03:31
OMG! Is this D Hall?

I would give the new redesign a chance. AoA called me on my cell phone. They plan to install the new design asap and will work with the local RS Certified service to ensure the job is completed properly.

That is some service. I dont know how AoA got my number. But, the fact they did and are making this happen. I am very happy.

DHall1
April 10th, 2009, 04:10
Yes, the power of the pen always works. :deal:

:idea:

I have just started my R8 fund. I need to hurry because Arizona is going to be rasing taxes any day now....ditto for Team Obama. So these markets need to be as sharp as a buzz saw. Bring on the winners and losers. Support the DHall R8 trust fund.

Audi may see me again very soon walking into the showroom and putting the suitcase on the table.

OMG! Is this D Hall?

GEN XER
April 10th, 2009, 04:46
Oh no you have been assimilated into the Audi Borg.:lovl:

I have just started my R8 fund. I need to hurry because Arizona is going to be rasing taxes any day now....ditto for Team Obama. So these markets need to be as sharp as a buzz saw. Bring on the winners and losers. Support the DHall R8 trust fund.

Audi may see me again very soon walking into the showroom and putting the suitcase on the table.

DHall1
April 10th, 2009, 05:18
:noshake:

:w: Dont worry, the mad max is still in there.

LOL

Oh no you have been assimilated into the Audi Borg.:lovl:

snoopra
April 10th, 2009, 07:51
Any market tips?:hahahehe: Congrats on the DRC progress! I may need to light a fire under AoA, again, to expedite my replacement since I'm 1 of 1 in the USVI. Went for a spirited ride a few nights ago, hit a bump on a corner....WTF? Felt scary as hell! Definately a safety issue. Depending on the DRC results, an S5 may be on the menu.:D

M5 Eater
April 10th, 2009, 15:51
AoA called me this week as well and I'm waiting for the parts to arrive at my local dealer. AoA will get me in there for the new system. As of right now I have 3 of 4 that are leaking.

We will see what the new system will be like, keep you all posted.

GEN XER
April 10th, 2009, 17:26
WTF. How is this selection happening? M5 Eater just got here and already he is getting calls from AoA. Somebitch! You guys are lucky.

DHall1
April 10th, 2009, 17:41
Willie,

I told you to take your car over to the dealer and chat with the service manager. Put your political hat on and lobby for a fix. Its reasonable, its fair and AoA have made provisions to fix a few cars. You just need to nudge yourself to the front of the line. hint

WTF. How is this selection happening? M5 Eater just got here and already he is getting calls from AoA. Somebitch! You guys are lucky.

vangelis
April 11th, 2009, 08:17
Guys, what about the main topic :) .. cuz honestly I have the same question now, I have a chance to get a new set of this new DRC from the Audi dealer here, so KW v3 or new DRC?

DHall1
April 11th, 2009, 17:41
I answered that question in #2 above.

If your Audi dealer can get the new struts and valves. I would do DRC no questions asked. No brainer

100% Free setup. New design. Did I mention FREE.

Guys, what about the main topic :) .. cuz honestly I have the same question now, I have a chance to get a new set of this new DRC from the Audi dealer here, so KW v3 or new DRC?

AUDI5000CSTQ
April 11th, 2009, 19:50
Oh I dunno, Bilsein pss9's H-Sport ant-sway.
Takes me under 2 min to adjust for my runs that day.
No leaks...ever.

M5 Eater
April 13th, 2009, 14:28
All I did was contact AoA myself and talk to the RS6 team there. They have been great and call me every two days or so with updates. I will let you all know how the new system is once it is installed.

kwilson032003
April 14th, 2009, 22:43
Any market tips?:hahahehe: Congrats on the DRC progress! I may need to light a fire under AoA, again, to expedite my replacement since I'm 1 of 1 in the USVI. Went for a spirited ride a few nights ago, hit a bump on a corner....WTF? Felt scary as hell! Definately a safety issue. Depending on the DRC results, an S5 may be on the menu.:D

I just bought my RS6 last month and was beyond excited to finally own a legend. When the car arrived I was speechless. Anyway, took it out for a ride and hit a bump at about 65 mph and damn near lost a kidney. The front driver side of the car sank and I thought the back end was going to totally step out as if I was drifting. I took the vehicle in to the Audi dealer and they said they would call Audi and have the suspension replaced under a recall. :mech: I had heard about the recall but was under the impression that it wouldn't go down until Aug. The service guy told me that I didn't have to wait and he would take care of it. I told the the guy, "Watch how you talk to me because I'm not in the mood to be played with" :nono: He assured me that it was the real thing. Long story short, Im suppose to pick up the car on Thurs. :applause:

DuckWingDuck
April 14th, 2009, 22:47
welcome, but this isn't really news, many on the boards have had the same experience.

DHall1
April 15th, 2009, 00:32
Yep,

Audi is getting the act together when it comes to RS6 owners. Dare I say...we are getting the red carpet. Got another call from Audi today.

Which car did you buy?

I just bought my RS6 last month and was beyond excited to finally own a legend. When the car arrived I was speechless. Anyway, took it out for a ride and hit a bump at about 65 mph and damn near lost a kidney. The front driver side of the car sank and I thought the back end was going to totally step out as if I was drifting. I took the vehicle in to the Audi dealer and they said they would call Audi and have the suspension replaced under a recall. :mech: I had heard about the recall but was under the impression that it wouldn't go down until Aug. The service guy told me that I didn't have to wait and he would take care of it. I told the the guy, "Watch how you talk to me because I'm not in the mood to be played with" :nono: He assured me that it was the real thing. Long story short, Im suppose to pick up the car on Thurs. :applause:

DHall1
April 15th, 2009, 00:40
Willie,

Did you read this? Sound like anyone we know?

kwilson032003
April 15th, 2009, 02:54
Yep,

Audi is getting the act together when it comes to RS6 owners. Dare I say...we are getting the red carpet. Got another call from Audi today.

Which car did you buy?

Mercedes Benz of Littleton Colorado, Avus Silver over Black, 41000 miles, I think it has all the options that audi had to offer. The car looks and feels brand new except for the DRC.

DHall1
April 15th, 2009, 03:17
Nice,

Welcome to the crazy train! At your low mileage...did you check into the Audi/Fidelity extended warranty? Its very reasonable and covers from the big ticket items. You got a great car.

Dave
Avus/Bla/Carbon and all the other options. + blown DRC at 29k. Getting the call out of the blue from AoA. Priceless.

Mercedes Benz of Littleton Colorado, Avus Silver over Black, 41000 miles, I think it has all the options that audi had to offer. The car looks and feels brand new except for the DRC.