PDA

View Full Version : Newest addition to the stable

bilbozilla
April 9th, 2009, 01:41
Just took delivery last Wednesday. This thing is a screamer.

Bingocaller
April 9th, 2009, 05:53
We sooooo need some video clips! And some of the exhaust note!

Congrats on an amazing car! If you dont mind me asking - how much did you have to pay extra for the stripes?

Benman
April 9th, 2009, 22:08
Long time no hear Josh! :cheers:

Beautifull! I got to drive the "regular" F430 and yes, they are screamers, the Scuderia even more so!

Ben:addict:

absent
April 10th, 2009, 05:05
Just took delivery last Wednesday. This thing is a screamer.
Welcome to the club.
I warn you: that car is probably the most addictive of any other on the market now.:cheers:

Ruergard
April 10th, 2009, 10:37
BIG congratulations to both of you!

That is one of the most exciting cars ever made, videos is a must! :thumb:

Absent, is there any chance that we could see some pics of your CGT? :hahahehe:

Rutkowsky
April 10th, 2009, 12:59
An amazing car, congratulations!!

absent
April 10th, 2009, 14:34

Absolutely!
Just got that car as a daily driver so don't have any pics yet but will take some ASAP.
BTW,its not a Porsche CGT,it is a Bentley CGT Speed,much more suitable as a daily car here in Chicago with it's AWD and back seat for occasional need.

bilbozilla
April 10th, 2009, 15:27
It's funny (or maybe just sad) after driving the Scud, getting into the GT3 is a MAJOR let down. The 430S rides more comfortably, sounds better, gives better feedback, not quite as twitchy (longer wheelbase helps) and the performance - AMAZING. I spent about a half an hour a few days ago trying to figure out how to tune the radio. Never could figure it out, but I had already reached the conclusion before starting that all the music I need was visible in the rear-view mirror, and that the radio tuning experience was simply an academic exercise (at which I failed)

absent
April 10th, 2009, 16:38
It's funny (or maybe just sad) after driving the Scud, getting into the GT3 is a MAJOR let down. The 430S rides more comfortably, sounds better, gives better feedback, not quite as twitchy (longer wheelbase helps) and the performance - AMAZING. I spent about a half an hour a few days ago trying to figure out how to tune the radio. Never could figure it out, but I had already reached the conclusion before starting that all the music I need was visible in the rear-view mirror, and that the radio tuning experience was simply an academic exercise (at which I failed)
My solution to the garbage Ferrari insists to offer in their cars was to order the car without it and settle for just the original soundtrack from behind.

AndyBG
April 10th, 2009, 16:46
It's funny (or maybe just sad) after driving the Scud, getting into the GT3 is a MAJOR let down...

So, its maybe time to upgrade your Porsche ownership into something new...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090403.031/more-facelifted-porsche-997-gt3-rs-spy-photos

bilbozilla
April 10th, 2009, 17:29
The GT3 is a wonderful car. I had the RS lightweight flywheel put in it when they had the transmission out for the ever-present oil leak in the rear assembly. I really have no complaints with it. The new one with the additional horsepower and the potential for a PDK transmission is going to be phenomenal. And yes, I have spent years on heel-toe, and I get a boatload of enjoyment from manually tracking through the gears. Getting the sequence down properly when on a curvy road is incredibly satisfying, but I actually prefer a good dual-clutch gearbox.

Ruergard
April 11th, 2009, 10:16
Absolutely!
Just got that car as a daily driver so don't have any pics yet but will take some ASAP.
BTW,its not a Porsche CGT,it is a Bentley CGT Speed,much more suitable as a daily car here in Chicago with it's AWD and back seat for occasional need.

That works as well! :thumb:

absent
April 22nd, 2009, 22:56

Sorry for the delay but had to wait for a day of decent weather and finally wash that car.

bilbozilla
April 23rd, 2009, 01:27
That car is beautiful.

kju
April 23rd, 2009, 12:14
very nice pictures ! and LOOK at the big CERAMICS of this White FERRARI! this is just insane !!!

absent
April 23rd, 2009, 13:04
very nice pictures ! and LOOK at the big CERAMICS of this White FERRARI! this is just insane !!!
Bentley's ceramics are even bigger (front discs are 16.5")