PDA

View Full Version : Something isn't right with the beast :(

p3u
April 8th, 2009, 07:25
So I was out on the highway and giving it some gas in 3rd when the traction control light came on solid for about 5 seconds, and went off. Power in the car seems like it dropped to 300hp, and in a car this heavy it is slowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Dealer is looking at it tomorrow. Any ideas what could cause this?

Ruergard
April 8th, 2009, 11:50
Sounds like limp-mode to be. Could be a lot of things...

Hopefully the dealer will find out quickly and you'll be back on the road, keep us posted!

hahnmgh63
April 8th, 2009, 13:06
Mine usually comes on when accelerating past 100mph in a fairly straight line then will go out on slowing, roughly around 100mph again (for those very conservative...this only happens on a closed circuit with a professional driver). I have VAG'd it multiple times and hoped for a code but nothing? I'm thinking about pulling the ABS sensors and maybe cleaning them or checking resistance and/or replacing them? Anyone think they have an answer?

DuckWingDuck
April 8th, 2009, 15:28
pfft, I go 100 down the road in my neighbourhood with the kids cheering me on!!!!

Haha, just kidding.

JavierNuvolari
April 8th, 2009, 16:02
Failed turbocharger perhaps.

V8weight
April 8th, 2009, 17:20
Brake light switch? I know its a common problem. The switch shorts and tells the ecu you are on the brakes, which kills the throttle input and throws an abs or traction control light. Just a guess.

SAF
April 8th, 2009, 17:25
pfft, I go 100 down the road in my neighbourhood with the kids cheering me on!!!!

Haha, just kidding.

LOL, I don't do it in the neighborhood, but I do it almost daily as soon as I get out of it! (for the overly liberal, I'm not on a closed circuit, I'm wasting fuel and after 35 years of driving experience on track and off, I may not fall into the "professional" catagory, but I certainly don't consider myself an amatuer driver!) ;)

DHall1
April 8th, 2009, 17:58
N75

vac line to N75

WG actuator

vac line to wg actuator

diverter valve

vac line to dv

wastegate door r or l turbo

ECU

wiring to ECU

TC

Transmission with our w/o TC

wiring harness to trans

TCU

wiring harness to tcu

RR wheel bearing

RR caliper

LR wheel bearing

LR caliper

:noshake: I am out of guesses

MaxRS6
April 8th, 2009, 18:09
You left out the boa constrictor and/or the shredded dead cat (sleeping prior to engine start-up) <SLEEPING previously>possibility. I'm certain just an oversight and it was next on the list.

mmaturo
April 8th, 2009, 22:15
N75

vac line to N75

WG actuator

vac line to wg actuator

diverter valve

vac line to dv

wastegate door r or l turbo

ECU

wiring to ECU

TC

Transmission with our w/o TC

wiring harness to trans

TCU

wiring harness to tcu

RR wheel bearing

RR caliper

LR wheel bearing

LR caliper

:noshake: I am out of guesses

LOL, what he said...my guess is always the TC but that's just me and the three that have been in the car. I have a nice Q7 loaner this time...loaded. I like the back-up camera set-up. You may have blown a hose off somewhere or the brake thing.

RS6-4dr911
April 9th, 2009, 11:03
LOL, I don't do it in the neighborhood, but I do it almost daily as soon as I get out of it! (for the overly liberal, I'm not on a closed circuit, I'm wasting fuel and after 35 years of driving experience on track and off, I may not fall into the "professional" catagory, but I certainly don't consider myself an amatuer driver!) ;)

What he said.:addict:

mmaturo
April 9th, 2009, 16:34
LOL, what he said...my guess is always the TC but that's just me and the three that have been in the car. I have a nice Q7 loaner this time...loaded. I like the back-up camera set-up. You may have blown a hose off somewhere or the brake thing.

and make that 4...they just let me know i'll be getting a new transmission. Thank goodness as CPO runs out in July, glad it died again now. I had hesitation on even acceleration and it wasn't bad yet but i complained about it and sure enough they agreed with me. Love my car, just love it.

Bigglezworth
April 9th, 2009, 19:40
What's wrong with the TC? There isn't anything all that special about a TC. They are designed to slip and transfer power during acceleration and if they are a lock-up unit, stop slipping when cruising at a relatively constant speed.

SIKAudi
April 11th, 2009, 21:30
I had this problem. It was a vac line.. see post Originally Posted by DHall1

DHall1
April 20th, 2009, 06:00
And what was the cause here? Any news to close the book on this deal?

p3u
April 20th, 2009, 18:55
And what was the cause here? Any news to close the book on this deal?

Cracked intercoolers and MAF are the reason. :vgrumpy:

ttrs6
April 21st, 2009, 03:49
So I was out on the highway and giving it some gas in 3rd when the traction control light came on solid for about 5 seconds, and went off. Power in the car seems like it dropped to 300hp, and in a car this heavy it is slowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Dealer is looking at it tomorrow. Any ideas what could cause this?
I have the same proble did thay find the proble let me no man its killing my head.

p3u
April 21st, 2009, 04:18
I have the same proble did thay find the proble let me no man its killing my head.

Look above your post :burnout: