PDA

View Full Version : Vid Clip,, turbos spool

Fonzie Audi
April 7th, 2009, 00:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T41b4RM7nQ

DHall1
April 7th, 2009, 00:50
Holy crap Batman! Go get the women and children and lock them up in the basement. The beast is out.

If you take that same format and fix the lighting then add some music pre and post....that could be the best RS6 video ever made.

Really.

Good job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T41b4RM7nQ

Fonzie Audi
April 7th, 2009, 00:52
D,

name the tune, and i'll throw it together

DHall1
April 7th, 2009, 00:55
Lets throw it out to the masses.

Can you fix that lighting where the sun is coming into the lens. Maybe film the vid with the sun behind you....morning or evening.

Everyone....have any ideas for music? Pre and post the vid?

This makes me want to go out and rip out my resonators right now. Wow

D,

name the tune, and i'll throw it together

JunnREVV445
April 7th, 2009, 01:00
oh. my. god.
:bow:

metallica. beastlyy

DHall1
April 7th, 2009, 01:14
This is going to be a very good thread.

Post up your music choice and a link for everyone to sample.

Then we vote.

Do you all like that idea?

Example: Here is a youtube vid of Metallica. Open it and listen to the point at 3.00 minutes. That could be a cool into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4nlJcKwe8A&feature=related

oh. my. god.
:bow:

metallica. beastlyy

Fonzie Audi
April 7th, 2009, 01:32
like the idea. but could anything beat enter sandman??

MaxRS6
April 7th, 2009, 03:21
:dig: Niiiiiice

DHall1
April 7th, 2009, 03:34
Lets see what the masses come up with.

But I have the formatting in mind.

It will be cool.

like the idea. but could anything beat enter sandman??

Copper
April 7th, 2009, 05:51
Hey Fonzie, I'm probably a moron asking this ( I should pay attention to your other posts?) but what exhaust setup are you using?

Thanks!

Fonzie Audi
April 7th, 2009, 12:17
Hey Copper,

I'm not using one of the usual "setups" like Milltek non res, or MTM, ect.

I had him fab the biggest downpipes that would fit, catless of course. Then fitted the largest possible diam piping all the way back (straight through, no cats or res) and after testing i put AWE mufflers on and bolted on Milltek tips that i powder coated black. It's all custom made with new pieces, costs a LOT of $$, but i think it was worth it.

DonS
April 7th, 2009, 13:42
Can we be neighbors? I would love to hear your car fire up and tool out of your driveway in the morning. If there was an on-ramp to accelerate down within ear-shot, that would be even better. Nice!

Fonzie Audi
April 7th, 2009, 14:05
lol, Don. i just moved into my new house in a quiet neighborhood 2 weeks ago. I've already had the lady who's house is directly across the street come over and ask me not to park my car in the garage,, because when i start it to go to work in the morning it wakes up her husband.

Ruergard
April 7th, 2009, 14:51
Holy crap Batman! Go get the women and children and lock them up in the basement. The beast is out.

:king::dig:

:applause:

Sounds amazing, great job!
The RS6 really doesn't need to shout about itself, it means business anyway. But when you let them howl it's just pure magic! :love:

M5 Eater
April 7th, 2009, 17:50
Well I have a song that you may use. You can parse out what pieces of the song you would like to use. I think that it is appropriate. hellsing- ramstein feuer frei<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igWN6iPxmno (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igWN6iPxmno)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I don’t want to take your creativity away but you have a lot of potential here. You could use the opening of the song for the video opening panning out from the RS6 Badge and then showing the whole car. Once you get to the first part of the song you could do some revs and some takeoffs and flybys.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Just some ideas that would work great for your ride. Can't wait to see a final product!!!!!!!<o:p></o:p>
Josh <o:p></o:p>

Fonzie Audi
April 7th, 2009, 21:46
like that song too. like the editing ideas too.. good thinkin

DuckWingDuck
April 7th, 2009, 22:48
german heavy metal, what could be wrong about that? Haha.

GEN XER
April 8th, 2009, 02:36
snap yo fingers, snap yo neck

http://www.last.fm/music/Prong/_/Snap+Your+Fingers,+Snap+Your+Neck

ZCD2.7T
April 8th, 2009, 02:51
I've always thought that Audi's 4.2 was the sweetest-sounding V-8 I'd ever heard - your video confirms it!

It's equal parts Euro-goodness and Motown bad-ness!

VERY nice!

topcat_92
April 8th, 2009, 03:46
AC/DC - Hells Bells. Universally classic, spot on.

Spidercat
April 8th, 2009, 04:17
LOL about not firing it up in the garage!
I have to coast out of the garage in the morning so as not to wake up the kids too early (rooms above the garage, and I have stock exhaust). I'd probably have to coast all the way to work with your set-up!!!
My vote:AC/DC- Whole Lotta Rosie or Fire Your Guns

Fonzie Audi
April 9th, 2009, 14:29
i like the AC/DC idea or metallica. i'm going to start putting something together.. gotta get that sunbeam out of the shot too

DHall1
April 9th, 2009, 15:59
Metallica has the intro and lyrics that match almost perfectly with the beast.

My vote is Metallica. 100%

i like the AC/DC idea or metallica. i'm going to start putting something together.. gotta get that sunbeam out of the shot too

M5 Eater
April 9th, 2009, 16:04
I'll tell you what... I will put one together myself. It won't be as nice sounding as your 6 but it will be quality. I think that everyone should have a vid of their car. I say that we put some videos together and see what we can do about getting one big compilation for the site?!?
<O:p></O:p>

Spidercat
April 19th, 2009, 09:01
Fonzie, are the guys that did your one-off exhaust interested in doing a second? Wide open, that is just about the best sound around! Do you notice any drone without the resonators while just tooling around town?

Fonzie Audi
April 19th, 2009, 14:32
Fonzie, are the guys that did your one-off exhaust interested in doing a second? Wide open, that is just about the best sound around! Do you notice any drone without the resonators while just tooling around town?

Spidey -

No sir, no drone. When the RPM's go down, the roar goes down (except it takes a couple seconds for the turbos to get quiet).

Sure, i'll ask the guy if he's willing to do another system. Do you have a price budget you're willing to spend on exhaust? (not assuming you do, please don't take the wrong way, it's just it got really pricey when they had to grind things down/move things around to fit the larger DP's and piping, and to fab all the pieces for me). If you want i can PM you a price breakdown of the project and we can go from there. The guy is down here in Florida. He's a good friend, a retired Audi tech/fishing buddy of mine.

By the way, love your license plate :)

Fonzie Audi
April 19th, 2009, 14:56

Spidey -

No sir, no drone. When the RPM's go down, the roar goes down (except it takes a couple seconds for the turbos to get quiet).

Sure, i'll ask the guy if he's willing to do another system. Do you have a price budget you're willing to spend on exhaust? (not assuming you do, please don't take the wrong way, it's just it got really pricey when they had to grind things down/move things around to fit the larger DP's and piping, and to fab all the pieces for me). If you want i can PM you a price breakdown of the project and we can go from there. The guy is down here in Florida. He's a good friend, a retired Audi tech/fishing buddy of mine.

By the way, love your license plate :)

Spidercat
April 20th, 2009, 03:54
Awesome! Yeah, PM me the breakdown, if you don't mind. I assume you had to drop the engine? And I just had my TC done! Grrr!

Thanks re: plate
I usually see either :vhmmm:, :0:, or:w:in my rear view, depending upon the driver!

Fonzie Audi
April 20th, 2009, 12:51
Awesome! Yeah, PM me the breakdown, if you don't mind. I assume you had to drop the engine? And I just had my TC done! Grrr!

I usually see either :vhmmm:, :0:, or:w:in my rear view, depending upon the driver!

How do you like the TC?

Yes, the engine was dropped for a while because of the DP fitting.. he had the car for more than a month. he's retired, like i said, so him taking on this project was a huuge favor. he did it all in his garage. how lucky am i to have a retired Audi tech/fabrication guru next door!

I'm sending you a PM about the price breakdown in minute..

Spidercat
April 20th, 2009, 22:02
Honestly, the only difference I've seen with the torque converter is that the CEL went out! Feels about the same, but I didn't really notice anything other than the light when it went.
I really wanted to do the downpipes at that time, but it caught me off-guard so I didn't really have time to think about it, research it, and ship them out, plus the whole $2-3K out of pocket that neither the warranty nor Audi would cover. That kinda killed my downpipe fund and any bargaining position I had w/my wife!

Yeah, I figured engine-dropping was a must, especially with the over-sized exhaust tubing!

Thanks a billion for the PM!:cheers:

Ruergard
April 21st, 2009, 16:13

Love the plate! :hihi:

JunnREVV445
October 22nd, 2009, 15:24
Fonz,

Did you ever re-do this video with music/better lighting like Dhall suggested?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T41b4RM7nQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T41b4RM7nQ)

Don't forget..! and i love listening to this clip with my sound system :) :music::music:

MarkusRS6
October 23rd, 2009, 23:27
as long as you don't play the music when we want to hear the car

I hate car videos with music in them