PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't the New RS6 in the US?

topcat_92
April 3rd, 2009, 23:37
I asked my Audi service rep why the new RS6 isn't coming to the US. He said that he'd heard that one of the reasons is that the quality of the gasoline in the US isn't consistant enough. Does this make sense? Is this related to the various "emissions" additives that different states require?

peiserg
April 3rd, 2009, 23:44
that was the same exact reason the tech here in scottsdale told me. maybe they don't want their halo car driving like crap.

topcat_92
April 3rd, 2009, 23:48
that was the same exact reason the tech here in scottsdale told me. maybe they don't want their halo car driving like crap.

Probably not. Is supreme gasoline elsewhere higher quality?

GEN XER
April 4th, 2009, 00:03
Probably not. Is supreme gasoline elsewhere higher quality?

Yes. The gas quality in the US is very poor and with the addition of more and more ethanol there is less lubricity in our fuel so the top of our engine is basically dry after combustion. This is why I use Aces IV in my fuel. It replaces what the EPA has taken out. www.acesworldwide.com (http://www.acesworldwide.com)

There's that plus the issues with the current RS6 in the U.S.

topcat_92
April 4th, 2009, 00:11
Yes. The gas quality in the US is very poor and with the addition of more and more ethanol there is less lubricity in our fuel so the top of our engine is basically dry after combustion. This is why I use Aces IV in my fuel. It replaces what the EPA has taken out. www.acesworldwide.com (http://www.acesworldwide.com)

There's that plus the issues with the current RS6 in the U.S.

I checked out the link. Looks like good stuff. Where do you get Aces IV, how much does it cost, and how long does a bottle last?

Let me know.

DuckWingDuck
April 4th, 2009, 01:13
er... that may be the PR reason but the real reason is AoA can't afford to bring the car here.

GEN XER
April 4th, 2009, 02:41
I checked out the link. Looks like good stuff. Where do you get Aces IV, how much does it cost, and how long does a bottle last?

Let me know.

www.bndautomotive.com (http://www.bndautomotive.com) I buy it buy the gallon. A gallon treats 768 gallons at a 1oz to 6gal ratio. Im finding that VW's and Audi's dont need this much. They do better with a 1oz to 10.5gal ratio. The gallon lasts me 6-7 months treating three cars and two bikes. There is a fuel savings associated with this product as well.

The owner is Brian and you can talk to him directly believe it or not. He can be reached at 440-821-9040. Be prepared to be enlightened. Tell him Willie said hello.

DHall1
April 4th, 2009, 06:59
Willie,

I am glad your here on this group. I enjoy reading some of things you come up with.

US gas is crap. I would add water to that being one of the reasons. You cant run 580hp twin turbo V10 on crap gas.

Go blame the tree huggers, EPA, Lobbists with ethanol and I am sure there are a few endangered species thrown in.

I talked with a good friend today. He owns GM dealerships in Kansas. At least he has Chevy and Cadillac. He told me Cadillac was instructed to stop building the CTSV. WTF. He then said welcome to "Obama Motors" He also said it was the fastest Caddy every built and lapped the ring in less than 8 minutes on the first shot.

Sad, sad, sad.

Copper
April 4th, 2009, 14:21
AoA is skipping the C6 RS6 and bringing the RS5. In 2012 AoA will import the C7 RS6 when it goes back to a Twin Turbo V8.

Hy Octane
April 4th, 2009, 18:08
Look what happened with the first RS6 here and you have your answer.

allwheelsdriven
April 4th, 2009, 18:49
on a lesser scale its the same thing with the old Celica All Tracs and Galant VR4's..."You want how much for a ____?" Maybe not so much with the RS6 but either way they languish on the showroom floor and you have to keep the specially trained RS tech busy...

DHall1
April 4th, 2009, 19:56
BINGO,

Do you all want to know how much a 1988 Celica Alltrac turbo cost new?

28,000 dollars. For a Celica in 1988.

There in lies part of your answer.

I have the window sticker for mine....:-)

on a lesser scale its the same thing with the old Celica All Tracs and Galant VR4's..."You want how much for a ____?" Maybe not so much with the RS6 but either way they languish on the showroom floor and you have to keep the specially trained RS tech busy...

GEN XER
April 4th, 2009, 23:00
President Obama is going to shape GM into his image of what he thinks a car company should be doing in the 21st century. Thats why I bought in at 1.10 last week. Cars will be getting 50-70mpg and running on batteries in the future, and if you own a car that does not get those kind of mpg numbers you will be taxed with a carbon tax. Big V-8's are dead let alone V-10's. The SRT8 is dead as well, so is Chrysler. It will be broken up and sold off, Viper is already on deck.

DHall1
April 5th, 2009, 06:28
Did you read my other post on the Caddy CTSV and what my friend had to say about its demise.

Your very correct. And if anyone out there is not sure then well do a search on what

CAP & TRADE means for all of us in 2012.

What I dont like is government making up the rules and running companies to profit from those said rules while they tax the shit out of what they see fit. Example, Cap & Trade and the added taxes on gas and any other carbon emitting venture. Our gas and electricity costs are going to go thru the roof. Grab your butts.

Fannie/Freddie/GM

Hmmm, GM position. Interesting. I may look up the option to buy the call right now and see if a premium is factored in. Or...they may go 11 and were all screwed.

President Obama is going to shape GM into his image of what he thinks a car company should be doing in the 21st century. Thats why I bought in at 1.10 last week. Cars will be getting 50-70mpg and running on batteries in the future, and if you own a car that does not get those kind of mpg numbers you will be taxed with a carbon tax. Big V-8's are dead let alone V-10's. The SRT8 is dead as well, so is Chrysler. It will be broken up and sold off, Viper is already on deck.

GEN XER
April 5th, 2009, 16:39
Yes we are speaking the same language. F/F/GM are going to be some of the tools they use to shape America in there image. I don't get excited about who is in office. I just try to buy stocks based on the admins direction. Emotions are worthless when it comes to politics and religion

Did you read my other post on the Caddy CTSV and what my friend had to say about its demise.

Your very correct. And if anyone out there is not sure then well do a search on what

CAP & TRADE means for all of us in 2012.

What I dont like is government making up the rules and running companies to profit from those said rules while they tax the shit out of what they see fit. Example, Cap & Trade and the added taxes on gas and any other carbon emitting venture. Our gas and electricity costs are going to go thru the roof. Grab your butts.

Fannie/Freddie/GM

Hmmm, GM position. Interesting. I may look up the option to buy the call right now and see if a premium is factored in. Or...they may go 11 and were all screwed.