PDA

View Full Version : New possible buyer w/ a question

joedirt1
April 2nd, 2009, 19:53
I am glad I found this site. I thought I wanted to buy an rs6, they seem like fantastic cars. I was looking at the ones in the low $20K range, thanks to this site I now know better.
Do you guys who own an rs6 feel they can be taken on a 8-12 hour road trip. I would hate to break down someplace needing an Audi dealer.

I own a '05 Legacy GT. I have put a ton of money into it building the car I wanted. I now am selling it; this time I am buying a car that comes the way I want it---I have narrowed it down to rs6 or s4.

I am looking for a daily driver rs6. Does anyone know anything about this one. http://remauto.autorevo.com/webtemplate.aspx?IID=676570

Thanks for your help...

DHall1
April 2nd, 2009, 20:31
Long story short. Buy the right car and buy an extended warranty.

Oh, and you better hurry if you want this car.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18137

Its the best buy in the country right now and one of the best color combos.

Its a 90,000 dollar car. You will not regret it. Legacy is nice but its a 30,000 dollar car. Read some of my past posts. I have had Subaru and modded them....BUY the RS6. End of story.

I am glad I found this site. I thought I wanted to buy an rs6, they seem like fantastic cars. I was looking at the ones in the low $20K range, thanks to this site I now know better.
Do you guys who own an rs6 feel they can be taken on a 8-12 hour road trip. I would hate to break down someplace needing an Audi dealer.

I own a '05 Legacy GT. I have put a ton of money into it building the car I wanted. I now am selling it; this time I am buying a car that comes the way I want it---I have narrowed it down to rs6 or s4.

I am looking for a daily driver rs6. Does anyone know anything about this one. http://remauto.autorevo.com/webtemplate.aspx?IID=676570

Thanks for your help...

SAFE4NOW
April 2nd, 2009, 20:44
:bye: I purshased my Rs6 from Charleston SC... and I left that same morning at 9:30am and drove straight back to the DFW area... man I loved those long boring straight highway runs in GA! ( Did I mention it was raining 85% of the time? Didn't matter! ):thumb:

Good Luck with your search.

Steve

Copper
April 2nd, 2009, 21:29
The RS6 may be one of the best long-distance cars out there. I've used my last two as business-only cars for trips all around the 7 states in the Southeast. On rough roads it's a little brittle/stiff but the seats are very comfortable and the overall drive satisfaction is excellent. I usually get 20-22MPG on a long trip if I keep my foot out of it and don't spool up the turbos. I have a home in Satelllite Beach, FL about 8 hours from Georgia and make the drive all the time by myself arriving refreshed and relaxed. I've yet to take my new car on a long drive (2009 Nissan Maxima) which is my replacement business-mobile.

So, in summary you will love to drive the car so much the miles rack up which is currently my issue...

hahnmgh63
April 2nd, 2009, 21:32
I flew from Washington state to Chicago and picked up mine. Then I proceeded to drive x-country (I-90) through snowstorms most of the way home. Still loved it when I got back and that was a few years ago.

DuckWingDuck
April 3rd, 2009, 02:58
ya, echo all the long drive sentiments. Frankly, that's what I should have done, gone out of my market to buy the car and get a better price.