PDA

View Full Version : Engine codes P1411 and P1423

Bigglezworth
April 2nd, 2009, 14:24
Must have a broken line somewhere or something as both of the Secondary Air Injection System Banks are throwing errors. Anyone else had this problem out of curiousity. Plan to look at it on the weekend when it's warmer to determine exact cause.

Tim

terrytcl
April 2nd, 2009, 16:47
about 90% sure you have cracks / splits in your vacuum lines.

Audi-RS6
May 6th, 2009, 06:38
about 90% sure you have cracks / splits in your vacuum lines.

Having the same troubles, is there any DIY for all vacuum hoses?

hahnmgh63
May 6th, 2009, 18:07
If you pull the air intake off you have access to many vacuum lines. Many of the small ones on my car showed deterioration on a car that only had 40k miles and from a northern tier state. I couldn't imagine how a southern cars lines would look. I replaced most of mine with silicone lines. I would suspect the smaller lines but the larger are not cloth covered so they would be easier to inspect.

Audi-RS6
May 16th, 2009, 21:43
Must have a broken line somewhere or something as both of the Secondary Air Injection System Banks are throwing errors. Anyone else had this problem out of curiousity. Plan to look at it on the weekend when it's warmer to determine exact cause.

Tim

Have you found the cause of those codes?

hahnmgh63
May 16th, 2009, 21:56
The secondary injection pumps on Audi's are renown to split apart due to bad rivets. Many have had luck with drilling the rivets and just putting small bolts/nuts with washers where the rivets were. Worth a check.

DetailersDomain
May 17th, 2009, 14:43
where did you get the hoses from? I get this error every 400 miles or so and it goes away but its annoying.

its not the sec pump because its been replaced.

so its got to be the hoses because my car has 69k and we are in the northeast.

lmk maybe it will be a quick fix.

Bigglezworth
May 17th, 2009, 21:00
Have you found the cause of those codes?I haven't done anything...:blush: Well that's not true. I parked the RS6 and started driving my NSX and 300ZX. I will be ordering a hose kit on line and having it mailed since local speed shops are the only places I can source silicone hoses and they want 3-4 times what it costs to purchase on line.

Tim

terrytcl
May 18th, 2009, 15:26
if anyone is having problems with air injector codes, check the vacuum lines at the valve. it's at the back of the engine. looks like a metal drum.

the heat from the manifolds causes the vacuum lines to crack and deteriorate.