PDA

View Full Version : Texas Mile results: Calling Steve/Safe4now

DHall1
March 31st, 2009, 20:43
Steve,

Any news here?

How did the RS6 do?

I see where Boostlogic ran 241mph in the standing mile and then blew up the motor. Doh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUyf3g5AkI0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eboostlogic%2Ecom%2Findex%2 Ephp%3Foption%3Dcom%5Fseyret%26Itemid%3D38%26task% 3Dvideodirectlink%26id%3D16&feature=player_embedded

SAFE4NOW
March 31st, 2009, 21:14
Part I

1st day down and 2 more to go. It's late ( for me ) and I have been up since 5:30am.

1. Stock Mode, 93oct fuel, mid 70's temp humid, headwind, Sport mode, best speed was 160.xxx mph
2. Revo Mode, 105 fuel, high 80's-low 90's temp, crosswind, Sport mode, best speed was 168.xxmph
3. Check engine light off/on during the day with right side cam pos sensor faults again ( light went off before dealer had part in stock so I ran with out the repair )
4. I cannot help but feel that the sensor is not working therefore holding the performance back somewhat. Light is off tonight.
5. It is supposed to be cool mid 40's tomorrow morning and I have been running 105 all day today, so it should be pure unmixed 105 for tomorrows runs.
6. Took alot of pictures ( to be posted when I get back to Dallas ) favorite and most expensive: Porsche Gt1, Bugotti ???? < Not Veyron > Carerra GT, GT40, a couple Zr1's, a pair of Lamborghini's, MB CLS63, etc...
7. Top speed was Supra at 248.xxx 1st run, then 228.xxx before blowing its motor all over the track.
8. Drove friends GT2 to 188.xxx and experienced how smooth the Rs6 is in comparision.

Thats about it, I will I could have said I broke into the 180's... but something is holding me back???

I'll be back out at the track at 730am tomorrow morning.... hopefully with better results!

more to follow....

Part II

Best speed I could get was 169.0mph using REVO software set to 9,9,9 running Chevron 105 Oxygenated fuel and 3" straight pipes from the OEM cats back.

40psi in tires all around. Put transmission in "Sport" mode. Paddles or Tip mode caused transmisson to shift at 5500+/- RPM where-as in Sport it would pull all the way up to 7000RPM before softly engaging the next gear.

Prior to the event, I had a check engine light for a right side cam positon sensor failure, that went away a day before the trip ( dealer did not have part in stock anyways ) could I assume it was still present, light just went off, and it was possibly not advancing the cam(s) therefore keeping my top end speed down?

The car pulled nicely off the line and pulled strong the whole way, I was regularly at 140 at the 1/2 mile mark everytime.

Any suggestions to where I should look next in my quest? What is my next step?
Losing weight ( Wheels, remaining exhaust, etc ) Down pipes, Coilovers are en route tomorrow....

Speed channel was all over the car Friday during filming. I did not get interviewed on camera, but I did answer alot of questions. I found myself in the background of alot of their filming other cars and drivers as well. It seems the Taxi theme went over really well. Supercars Exposed will be showing on the Speed Channel in the next few months, so we will see what makes the cut and not...

Great fun, alot of great cars... I will reserve the list of cars I was faster than until their speeds are offically posted, but I can tell you that I bettered alot of cars I thought would be faster ( Lamborghini, M5, Vipers, Vettes, Porsche, etc )

Steve

SAFE4NOW
March 31st, 2009, 21:19
Steve,

Any news here?

How did the RS6 do?

I see where Boostlogic ran 241mph in the standing mile and then blew up the motor. Doh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUyf3g5AkI0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eboostlogic%2Ecom%2Findex%2 Ephp%3Foption%3Dcom%5Fseyret%26Itemid%3D38%26task% 3Dvideodirectlink%26id%3D16&feature=player_embedded

There were several " blown motors " at this event... alot of amazing speeds put down as well. :doh:

The Mustangs were the most impressive IMO.. some topping the 200mph mark with over 1000HP! The Ford GT's were all passing 200, as were the Supra's and most all the Motorcycles... :0:

Truely FAST event, even better eye candy ( CGT,Bug,GT1,GT40, etc ):love2:

I'm just glad I did not have any large failures, that I was able to outdo the M5, the Lamborghini's, etc... LOL :eye:

Steve

p.s. I will post the speeds once they put the list up with car info ( right now its raw data, with car number's only )