PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say "THANKS GUYS"

iconcls
August 12th, 2003, 22:48
for leaving me hung out to dry on AW lately!

No wing-man, no backup, just lowly me fighting the "Good fight."

(I'm kiddin', I think)

jimmy94507
August 13th, 2003, 02:22
Not true! I posted today in response to the thread: "Probably a long shot....."
It wasn't an in-your-face response; just all the things to think about when one tries to compare the RS 6 to A6 or 2.7T.

Most of the RS 6 tweaking posts are not worthy of a response. I have what I could justify to myself was a purchase "I' would feel comfortable with. I don't have to justify it to others, nor try to change their thoughts.

Regards, Jim

Bauer
August 13th, 2003, 03:07
iconcls,

I don't even go to the AW site anymore as I have found nothing there worth my while. In most cases they seem to act like a bunch of punk kids that have a chip on their shoulder for what ever reason (maybe because they are bitter they can't afford the car so instead rip on it). If they drove one they would most likely chance their tune. I had the chance to test drive one today and man I can't wait to get mine.:incar: I would of probably bought the one I test drove today if it had the options I wanted. I guess I will have to play the waiting game for my car.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

nene
August 13th, 2003, 04:05
Really sorry 'iconcls', but when it comes to AW, I haven't been there in a very long time. What were you doing there picking fights with those children anyway?

Seriously though, whenever you hear the whining about the RS6 this, the RS6 that...don't get pulled into it. Nothing but children talking about stuff they don't know and can't afford.

Even the RS6 was priced at $40K, then they will start complaining about something else. Bunch of friggin' whiners there dude. Stay off that forum for your own health's sake.

RS6FEVR
August 13th, 2003, 06:00
:cheers: Icon

Just let me know next time you're going, I'll rumble with you!!! :argue: :argue: :argue:

:addict: FEVR :addict:

Ernesto (ERT)
August 13th, 2003, 08:30
n/t

iconcls
August 13th, 2003, 11:08
Much of the RS 6 discussion is just good natured ribbing now. There are some really good guys there; if you exclude me ;-)

I can also empathize with many of their views on RS pricing. Audi has historically been the value leader of the german marquees. With the RS and now B6 S4, Audi is getting more in parity w/ their competitors. So the days of getting a great car at a relative bargain are drawing to an end--a bit prematurely, I might add--and that can be a source of some rancor.

Finnus
August 13th, 2003, 12:15
Audi has historically been the value leader of the german marquees. With the RS and now B6 S4, Audi is getting more in parity w/ their competitors. So the days of getting a great car at a relative bargain are drawing to an end--a bit prematurely, I might add--and that can be a source of some rancor.

Iconcls,

I'm not sure that statement is true, and it may be looking at price alone. I've never driven anything that's close to the RS 6 in build quality. I certainly don't know what Audi's pricing policies and profit margins are, but I like to think there's there's a reason for the price (other than raping and pillaging our pocket books! LOL).

From what I know about the A8L, it blows Mercedes S class away, priced at least $10-15,000 less.

Maybe Audi has just decided to build higher quality cars and really go after the upscale/luxury market. If you look at Audi's history over the last 20+ years, their cars have constantly gotten bigger, better and more luxurious.

Of course, that would leave some customers behind - angry and dissatisfied ...

Finnus :cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

TheBrit
August 13th, 2003, 13:24
Originally posted by iconcls
So the days of getting a great car at a relative bargain are drawing to an end--a bit prematurely, I might add--and that can be a source of some rancor.
Pffft! No they aren't - you guys are getting a bargain on the RS 6. Considering quattro Gmbh had to made modifications to the cooling system, add an altitude-aware boost control system, revise the exhaust system, change the tyre repair kit out for a spare (and engineer the space back in for it) and then pay for federalization, I think you're lucky to get it for about the same price as us guys here in Britland!

If that many changes had been required for the UK market, I think it would have been more like a £65k car instead of a £57k car.

The problem over your side of the pond is that you're used to getting your cars cheap - usually you can buy the same cars cheaper than us and the cost of shipping across the Atlantic must be much higher than across the Channel!

Oh, and I'm there if you need backup! :D

iconcls
August 13th, 2003, 14:29
TheBrit,

And another thing, petrol is up to $1.50 here; we're payin' way too much for gas stateside ;-)

jimmy94507
August 13th, 2003, 14:33
Wow, you folks in Chicago are really in tought shape! I'd be happy to pay $1.50 for premium gas vs over $2.00 we pay here in the S. Francisco Bay area!!

RS6FEVR
August 13th, 2003, 16:38
TheBrit,

And another thing, petrol is up to $1.50 here; we're payin' way too much for gas stateside ;-)

:cheers: Icon
Yeah, that gas price thing is really getting annoying. My local station had a .02 cent increase just last nite, terrible for a Wednesday increase!!! :vsad2: :vsad2: Something's just gotta be done about this. :D :D

:addict: FEVR :addict:

TheBrit
August 13th, 2003, 16:43
TheBrit,

That gas stuff must be way cheaper than petrol - us Brits ought to get our cars converted to run on it too... :hihi:

CTRS6
August 13th, 2003, 21:31
Lets face it - AW has little relevance, if any , to someone truly interested in the RS6. Plus the tone of most comments ( written by folks with no real experience) is childlike.:bang:

Benman
August 14th, 2003, 02:36
for leaving me hung out to dry on AW lately!
No wing-man, no backup, just lowly me fighting the "Good fight."
(I'm kiddin', I think)
sorry iconcls, but to be honest i don't visit that board. it's a shame really because that site got me started on Audis.but just like you wouldn't keep going to a neighborhood that makes fun of you and your family i choose to not visit that neighborhood any more. it's not because i'm afraid to stand up to a bunch of uneducated children, but just because why should i? life is way too short to waste on people you can't stand. i'd much rather spend it with people that are fun to be around. that's why i have so many dang posts here. it's because you guys are cool :cheers:

Ben:addict: