Michaël Barbé
March 29th, 2009, 13:46
http://www.drivers-republic.com/features/

MB
:rs6kiss:

KresoF1
March 29th, 2009, 14:27
I really want to be polite BUT...

Did you even bother to read pretty interesting article by Drivers Republic?

:confused::confused::confused::doh:

If you did then you know that R8 used in that comparison is 4.2 FSI R Tronic and NOT R8 5.2 FSI...

Erik, please be so kind to correct name of this thread. Thanks.

Michaël Barbé
March 29th, 2009, 14:58
Chill man, it's already corrected. I made a mistake, don't kill me please.

You don't have you use these signs (:w::deal::nana::doh::cry::(:MTM:)for a mistake like this.

MB
:rs6kiss:

RXBG
March 29th, 2009, 19:30
take it easy guys. we don't have to be so anal retentive. this isn't the nuclear lab at cal tech.

i liked the article, by the way. the proper R8 should have been the V10, don't see why they didn't wait 3 months.

the V10 will drop it like its hot.

Leadfoot
March 29th, 2009, 20:09
I mistakenly read it and click the link to find it was only the V8, though even so it did remarkably well and proved that excessive amounts of power isn't always needed to make a super car. For the R8 to compete with a 997turbo and hold it's own is praise enough and proof positive that with the V10 under the bonnet it will be more than a match for allcomers.

Rutkowsky
April 7th, 2009, 22:10
Did you guys watch the M6 vs 997 Turbo straight line clip? Awesome stuff.

And yes the V10 R8 will be very fast, i am sure of it.

Leadfoot
April 8th, 2009, 10:00
Did you guys watch the M6 vs 997 Turbo straight line clip? Awesome stuff.

And yes the V10 R8 will be very fast, i am sure of it.

I saw this as well, no doubt the M6 is a seriously quick car and that a quick shifting semi-auto will give an added advantage over a manual which I believe the Porsche was on this occasion.

I look forward to the R8 V10 being tested against these two, hopefully showing the part that it too can run fast as well as take corners.

Rutkowsky
April 8th, 2009, 12:44
Agreed!!