PDA

View Full Version : Leading the pack of Wolves...

Mr Balsen
March 28th, 2009, 22:19
http://www.mtmfrance.com/reportages/2009/MonRS6/Sortie DreamExoticsCars.jpg

The Pretender
March 28th, 2009, 22:38
And a awesome lead it is.

Jarod.

MalcolmS
March 28th, 2009, 23:08
cool - de-badged too!

Copper
March 31st, 2009, 15:22
Mr. Balsen,

Do you have a side profile photo of your car with those wheels?

What brand/type are they?

Thanks!

The RS6
March 31st, 2009, 15:43
Those are MTM Bimotos

Fonzie Audi
March 31st, 2009, 15:51
what vents are on that hood??

DHall1
March 31st, 2009, 19:09
I say the heck with a 2 door sports car for a hobby car.

Mod the beast some more. Sexy, sexy, sexy!

MTM Bimoto

19x9.5 30backspace

Mr. Balsen,

Do you have a side profile photo of your car with those wheels?

What brand/type are they?

Thanks!

DHall1
March 31st, 2009, 19:15
Here they are painted a more black chrome type of color.

Against the Avus color....I would much rather have something like this. The gunmetal may be too dark.

Mr Balsen
March 31st, 2009, 19:32
There are 5 vents on the hood.

Clean pictures of the beast were taken yesterday. I put them on Internet as soon as I can but I have a lot of work with MTM France...

Frederic

Fonzie Audi
March 31st, 2009, 20:00
pics of the vents plllleeeeaaase!

DHall1
March 31st, 2009, 20:03
Do a quick search of Mr Balsen's past posts. He has posted pics of the hood in the past.

Yep, same hood. Keep searching back...he has more.

Fonzie Audi
March 31st, 2009, 20:08
d-

is this the same hood>?!

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17503

Mr Balsen
March 31st, 2009, 20:10
yes it is...

Frederic

DHall1
March 31st, 2009, 20:10
Yep, same hood. Keep going back.

Fonzie Audi
March 31st, 2009, 20:12
wow.

any water issues? is your engine bay the same as ours? rain a problem?

DHall1
March 31st, 2009, 20:27
Headshot has a nice hood setup. I would just make some plugs for when the car is outside for the day or in the rain. You cant have both worlds if you want added cooling. If its a daily driver then you need plugs for when the car is sitting outside or washing it.

If it were me....I would get a spare hood and hack away. Keeping the stock hood up in the attic. I would go whole hog on the hood vents.

Give me 3 more years...I may be at that point with the RS.

Fonzie Audi
March 31st, 2009, 20:32
D,
Ordered a spare hood this morning. i was so close to ordering the MTM vents,, but just can't get over the look of them. Those are open for water to enter as well.. so i guess there's no getting around the rain issue. I spoke to a gentleman in palm springs who's had the mtm vents for 2 years, never plugged them once, and hasn't had a single issue with water/rain. still makes me worry, but i need to get the vents done before summer hits. i take it balsen doesn't take that beast out in the rain much?

i'm thinking about hacking away (like you suggested) at my spare hood and coming up with something in between headshot and balsen. like you said, can't have best of both worlds,, so i may put rain and water behind me and open everything up

Mr Balsen
March 31st, 2009, 20:38
My car is never parked in the outside.

And it is never raining in the beautifull country of France !!!!!
More seriously, It rained when I was driving it but it was not a problem because the heat was keeping the water out.....

Frederic

DHall1
March 31st, 2009, 20:40
I would also look over the Champion Audi cup car pics. We know for a fact the design works on that car. It survived some of the worst elements you could imagine and still performed at a top level.

You are also heading in the right direction with the new hood, vents between MTM and Hshot.

Good luck! It will be sweet by the looks of the rest of your ride. :thumb:

D,
Ordered a spare hood this morning. i was so close to ordering the MTM vents,, but just can't get over the look of them. Those are open for water to enter as well.. so i guess there's no getting around the rain issue. I spoke to a gentleman in palm springs who's had the mtm vents for 2 years, never plugged them once, and hasn't had a single issue with water/rain. still makes me worry, but i need to get the vents done before summer hits. i take it balsen doesn't take that beast out in the rain much?

i'm thinking about hacking away (like you suggested) at my spare hood and coming up with something in between headshot and balsen. like you said, can't have best of both worlds,, so i may put rain and water behind me and open everything up

snoopra
April 1st, 2009, 05:03
Frederic, where did you get those intercooler grills (fog light delete grills)? I'd like a set.

mmaturo
April 1st, 2009, 05:43
D,

Palm Springs may be the key to not having an issue, not exactly rainy.

DHall1
April 1st, 2009, 06:25
Yearly rainfall is 5.23 inches.

Middle of the MOJAVE DESERT.

:snow:

:eye:

Ruergard
April 1st, 2009, 06:54
Great picture!

Car looks great, ready to show the way! :thumb:

Fonzie Audi
April 1st, 2009, 13:38

Sorry for not specifying.. i was referring to Palm Springs South Florida (West Palm Beach).. which is actually quite as rainy as Ft Lauderdale where i am.

I'm just hearing such conflicting opinions. My service guy (Champion Audi) says it would be automotive suicide to get rain water in my engine bay.. the MTM importer (Hoppen Motorsports) says that the engine bay is water tight and we can get water in there all day with no issues (as long as it doesn't get in the back area where the ecu ect is). Then I've got this guy who has had the MTM vents (which are wide open for rain) for 2 years who has never had a problem w/ Florida rain. who to believe??!??!:vhmmm::vhmmm::vhmmm::vhmmm:

Clubsport
April 1st, 2009, 17:39
you can believe me, my car is in a rainy land for 1 year and I have NO problem, which doesn't surprise me. When you drive under rain, the water goes through the engine cooler and the engine get a lot of water on it. As it is warm, it doen't matter.:rs6kiss:

gjg
April 1st, 2009, 23:02
you can believe me, my car is in a rainy land for 1 year and I have NO problem, which doesn't surprise me. When you drive under rain, the water goes through the engine cooler and the engine get a lot of water on it. As it is warm, it doen't matter.:rs6kiss:

yep, same experience - rain no problem and we got s&^%load lately...