PDA

View Full Version : 2.0TFSI great engine

scubapro
March 26th, 2009, 10:57
Did a special remap on my TTS 2months ago, really reliable, strong and superfun.
Never thought that you could retrive ths kind of power out of the relatively "small" engine.
Just wanted to share the results from the dyno testing, amazing isnīt?
:0:

RacerBice
March 26th, 2009, 11:41
Amazing numbers! But apologies for my ignorance.....what is loss of HP....? And who did the re-map?

:0:

scubapro
March 26th, 2009, 11:54
No probs, remap is custom made by v-tech tuning and loss of HP is drivetrain losses/
:burnout:

trick
March 26th, 2009, 13:51
Guess you work for V-Tech?

The figures are way too high for just a Stage 1 map. Most S1 maps give 300-310PS.

What else have you done to it?

scubapro
March 26th, 2009, 13:57
Sorry, but itīs only software work done to it, though I need to upgrade fuelpump both in engine and in fueltank, theese are the present limiters.
We have done aprox 30 dynoruns this was not the one with highest Nm or hp but the one that Iīm running on road currently.

scubapro
March 26th, 2009, 13:59
And no, i donīt work for them.

trick
March 26th, 2009, 15:11
Ok, so you managed to get PMAX (383PS) and NMAX (538Nm) that is greater than a TT-RS (344PS and 450Nm) with just a software map and a pair of new fuel pumps?

Looks like their RR might not be calibrated properly..?

Have you got an RR chart of your car as stock?

Ruergard
March 26th, 2009, 16:12
I'm wondering what kind of turbo the TT-S have?

I have to say that I find these numbers a bit hard to reach with the stock one....

youry
March 27th, 2009, 00:22
sqorry to say this is BS... no way you get 380hp from a TTS just with simple mapping...

You get between 315 and 320hp (we'de done many of them)... so far

the dyno is either:

* a bad dyno
* calibrated by a drunk guy
* or during the run messuring the loss in the transmission, the guy pressed on the brakes to make the HP at the crank look higher....

but in no circumstabnce you have 380hp. you need to change the turbo to get tothese numbers and by doing this you would get a torque much later in the curbe due to that bigger turbo (lag)....

that does not means you car is not working properly or much stronger than OEM, but just that the numbers quoted at from Dysneystore , just a dream

trick
March 28th, 2009, 18:38
That's why I asked if he worked for them. This could just be spam to drum up some interest in the firm.

Erik
March 28th, 2009, 21:20
Mats, who did the mapping of your engine?

RacerBice
March 30th, 2009, 08:48
I myself am totally ignorant as to re-mapping etc, but there are obviously a lof of people here who know more. And although Scubapro's HP/Nm numbers are being questionned (put mildly....) I guess the loss of BHP curve is relevant. So could someone explain why that curve is linear, and why it seizes to be so in the final revs? Is this how it would look in any car?

Also, I have re-mapped my own S3 (same engine as Scubapro's) to some 330 BHP according to the supplier. I have not bothered to do a dyno, but comments here seem to indicate that that too would be a bit optimistic. The thing is, though, that there are several companies here in Sweden marketing 330-340 re-maps with nothing else having to be done to either the engine or the transmission. So what do you think....?

:vhmmm:

scubapro
March 30th, 2009, 09:23
Just to clarify; I have personally NO interest in marketing any productīs on this site, mainly to shared the possibilities on modern engineīs.
I have hade various modifications made on my last 10-15 cars, cars of mostly max 0-3 years old from production. The bulk of thoose engineīs has been quiet easily to modify only by increasing boost preasure, change ignition etc, etc.
What I find especially interesting is that the recent AUDI-engines seems to be specified to coop with a wide range of Hp and Nm, its rather the limiters that controls the specific output each model will be given.
For me this seems to be as a normal production cost cutting principle, itīs better to make one engine and then with limiters or minor changes put them in as diffrent models.

My 2 cents is basicly that if you find all limiters and then do "normal remapping" you can reach higher than with "ordinary" mapping.

Erik; its been made by jonatan holmelius, and no, I didnīt notice if he was drunk that day

Just as a note, at the same day we where dyno running, they where several other cars running, so there was a "benchmark"

Cheers/mats

rs4some
March 30th, 2009, 13:59
Sorry but there is no benchmark unless you post up dyno figures for a standard car before the tune was performed

Mihnea@MRC
March 30th, 2009, 14:18
In order to make 540Nm at 4500 RPM on a TT-S engine, you need at least 2 bar of boost, so even if you are making that power on your car (which I doubt), the engine will never be reliable in the long run. Install an EGT sensor in the downpipe just after the turbo and measure your EGTs on a vmax run, I'd be surprised if you're not well over 950 degrees at around 250km/h, which means that if you ever reach 280km/h, your exhaust valves should be rattling inside your primary catalytic converter and you'll be begging Audi to give you a new engine under warranty...

Some people don't seem to understand that tuning is NOT about getting the last of the last BHP out of an engine and totally disregarding reliability... and it's getting ridiculous.

scubapro
March 30th, 2009, 14:33
Iīm totally awere of the risk, no doubt about that, this is absolutely not a permanent solution, it was just a test to se what can be accomplished.
Thanks for the advice of measuring temp, it`s been scheudueled in near future, we just need to finish building the exhaust system.

Personally I always aims for drivability over a wide range, in this case its really is even with tthis setting (I have several programs to choose between, depending on "traffic" situation)

I agree that HP/Nm isnīt everything, but an indication of top speed of close to 200km/h at 0-400 atleast gives an indication.

Cheers!