PDA

View Full Version : My Parts Thread

GEN XER
March 26th, 2009, 02:59
Here is where I will let folks know what I got, where I got it and how much I paid for it, and most importantly how it works.

First Up

OE Rotors 4ea total price $1010 fastvwaudiparts@yahoo.com Kyle.

GEN XER
March 26th, 2009, 03:10
PIAA foglights 7500K 55w $120.

www.autothing.com (http://www.autothing.com)

They can be bought cheaper on ebay, but the sellers are in Hong kong, its up to you.

DHall1
March 26th, 2009, 03:24
Beats the heck out of dealer $400ea prices. Add it up...thats a 600 dollar savings on 4 rotors.

Add to that the EBC Reds all 4 corners for 175 and you save another 400 on a 4 wheel brake job over the dealer.

2hrs topps to do the job and plenty of beer money in the bank where it should be.

:cheers:

Here is where I will let folks know what I got, where I got it and how much I paid for it, and most importantly how it works.

First Up

OE Rotors 4ea total price $1010 fastvwaudiparts@yahoo.com Kyle.

hahnmgh63
March 26th, 2009, 03:25
I will second GEN XER's rotor purchase, I purchased a new set of rear rotors, delivered for $500, they arrived in two days after purchase. I would highly recommed Kyle at fastvwaudiparts@yahoo.com . He E-mailed me a thank you the other day and said he is ordering more RS6 rotors as he was out. I told him to definitley order more as I'll order another set of rears (I already have two new front sets) and that others on the list were bound to order if he could keep these prices. I also have a 225bhp tt and told him I would look for other Audi parts for both Audi's.

GEN XER
March 26th, 2009, 03:47
Posi Quiet Brake Pads front and rear $204 shipped.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/Audi/RS6.htm

No modification needed. So they say. We shall see.

mmaturo
March 26th, 2009, 04:43
I will second GEN XER's rotor purchase, I purchased a new set of rear rotors, delivered for $500, they arrived in two days after purchase. I would highly recommed Kyle at fastvwaudiparts@yahoo.com . He E-mailed me a thank you the other day and said he is ordering more RS6 rotors as he was out. I told him to definitley order more as I'll order another set of rears (I already have two new front sets) and that others on the list were bound to order if he could keep these prices. I also have a 225bhp tt and told him I would look for other Audi parts for both Audi's.

I will be buying some in a few months so please please stock up...great prices.

DHall1
March 26th, 2009, 04:56
We can replace all the brakes and rotors for what the dealer charges just to do the fronts.

1000/rotors all 4
180/EBC reds all 4

Dealer price to do the fronts. $1500 :vhmmm:

Priceless

:rs6kiss:

I will be buying some in a few months so please please stock up...great prices.

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2009, 21:01
Should get Kyle on the forum and cut us a group buy discount! Heh.

GEN XER
March 27th, 2009, 02:10
Parts I have on order.

Pheaton Brake Cooling Ducts - Grizz
SS Brake Lines - ECS Tuning
Hankook Ventus v12 evo K110

Pics to follow when parts arrive.

DHall1
March 27th, 2009, 03:07
Willie,

Who loves ya??? Call me when your placing an order over the pond.

How much for the cooling duct kit from Grizz? Is it too late to add on that order over the pond? LMK

Parts I have on order.

Pheaton Brake Cooling Ducts - Grizz
SS Brake Lines - ECS Tuning
Hankook Ventus v12 evo K110

Pics to follow when parts arrive.

snoopra
March 27th, 2009, 05:29
Now's a good time to buy UK, dollar's strong right now(cooling kit should be $150-200). Prepare for a long wait on the SS brake lines as ECS lists items as available, but ALWAYS on backorder.

GEN XER
March 27th, 2009, 13:53
Willie,

Who loves ya??? Call me when your placing an order over the pond.

How much for the cooling duct kit from Grizz? Is it too late to add on that order over the pond? LMK

I just placed the order last night. I paid 175 total for the duct and paypal. I dont know if its too late. I would not think so.

Now's a good time to buy UK, dollar's strong right now(cooling kit should be $150-200). Prepare for a long wait on the SS brake lines as ECS lists items as available, but ALWAYS on backorder.

Thanks for the Heads up on the brake lines. How long is long?

GEN XER
March 28th, 2009, 01:20
HanKook Ventus v12 evo K110
255/35/19

Local Purchase Wholesale Account

I will have them mounted tomorrow if all goes well. Lets hope there are no fitment issues. If there are some metal has to be shaved. LOL. From the looks of the shoulder tread I don't think I'm going to have a problem. It is not blocked squarely, it is rounded and tapers downward as it goes into the sidewall. The shoulders actually look like the Michelin's

snoopra
March 28th, 2009, 04:07
GEN XER,
SS lines took a little over 4 months. No prob if you're not really in a rush. I waited 'til I got the lines and replaced the front rotors, painted the calipers and installed the brake cooling kit.

snoopra
March 28th, 2009, 04:11
...........HanKook Ventus v12 evo K110
255/35/19 ..........
What's the tread wear on these? How much were they?

vangelis
March 28th, 2009, 10:36

I just got my SS brake lines installed last week after a 10 days of waiting to receive them here in UAE. I got them from ECS tuning --> link here (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17213&page=3)

GEN XER
March 29th, 2009, 04:13
What's the tread wear on these? How much were they?

Treadwear is 280. I can get them for 173ea. I had them mounted today with no fitment issues.

allwheelsdriven
March 29th, 2009, 04:24
hankook also does a nice Nokian knockoff in the i-pike

GEN XER
April 2nd, 2009, 21:49
Did not take long for the SS Brake lines to get here. Kit $136.04

www.ecstuning.com (http://www.ecstuning.com)

vangelis
April 2nd, 2009, 23:01
Did not take long for the SS Brake lines to get here. Kit $136.04

www.ecstuning.com (http://www.ecstuning.com)

Congratulations ,,, u will love them,, I have them and i love my brake power now :rs6kiss:

GEN XER
April 2nd, 2009, 23:28
Congratulations ,,, u will love them,, I have them and i love my brake power now :rs6kiss:

Yes I know. You told me how to get them. I am waiting on the Phaeton Brake Ducts from Grizz now. I am also ordering some more repair parts from Kyle.

DHall1
April 3rd, 2009, 05:20
Willie,

Hey, you have an update on these? Install notes? Pics of the light match?

PIAA foglights 7500K 55w $120.

www.autothing.com (http://www.autothing.com)

They can be bought cheaper on ebay, but the sellers are in Hong kong, its up to you.

GEN XER
April 3rd, 2009, 14:49
Willie,

Hey, you have an update on these? Install notes? Pics of the light match?

Not yet. I am waiting to get all my parts in and do all the maint at one time. I just got a PM from Grizz, he is waiting on a left side duct to come in, so I wont have the brake ducts until next week. I need a serpentine belt as well so I'll go ahead and get one of those too. I will post up pics of all the "after" results when the work is done for you guys to draw some conclusion from.

DHall1
April 3rd, 2009, 15:36
Geeez, that thing is going to be better than new by the time your done.

I just want to see the results from the color output match. It would drive me crazy and I would have those suckers installed asap to see the match.

Not yet. I am waiting to get all my parts in and do all the maint at one time. I just got a PM from Grizz, he is waiting on a left side duct to come in, so I wont have the brake ducts until next week. I need a serpentine belt as well so I'll go ahead and get one of those too. I will post up pics of all the "after" results when the work is done for you guys to draw some conclusion from.

GEN XER
April 4th, 2009, 23:19
D,

I put the fogs in and guess what? Nothing. I got nothing, no front or rear fog lights. The fuse is good, so I dont know what the problem is.

Geeez, that thing is going to be better than new by the time your done.

I just want to see the results from the color output match. It would drive me crazy and I would have those suckers installed asap to see the match.

DHall1
April 5th, 2009, 06:15
Did you try putting the old ones back in?

D,

I put the fogs in and guess what? Nothing. I got nothing, no front or rear fog lights. The fuse is good, so I dont know what the problem is.

GEN XER
April 5th, 2009, 16:42
They weren't working before I took the old one's out. Thats why I'm confused. I was told they may have turned off some how and I may have to use VAG to turn them back on. My Tech told me to bring it in Monday so he can run it thru the computer.

Did you try putting the old ones back in?

GEN XER
April 7th, 2009, 03:50
Foglights done. Looks good.

DuckWingDuck
April 7th, 2009, 04:29
quite bright indeed!!

DHall1
April 7th, 2009, 05:03
Willie,

Nice job!

Looking at them in person. Do they match?

Foglights done. Looks good.

GEN XER
April 7th, 2009, 05:14
Another order list. fastvwaudiparts@yahoo.com

$342.00

Spark Plugs - $88
Coil Packs - $184
serpentine Belt - $70

GEN XER
April 7th, 2009, 05:20
Willie,

Nice job!

Looking at them in person. Do they match?

Not perfectly, but close. The fogs are bright but they do have hues of color at certain angles.

GEN XER
April 9th, 2009, 02:58
OK I got the tool. It works fine with my VW GTI, but when I connect it to the RS6 all I get is comm error. Regular VAGCOM work fine on my RS6 so its not the ECU. I found two codes in my GTI P0420 (CAT) and P0606 (ECU).

GEN XER
April 9th, 2009, 16:20
I just ordered the replacement RS caliper stickers on ebay. I need help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200302639714

GEN XER
April 30th, 2009, 21:34
The car is in the shop today, getting all the goodies put on. I will let you know how it goes.

DHall1
April 30th, 2009, 23:09
Brakes, Phaeton plates and everything?

Wow

You get those DRC struts replaced and we need to race!

The car is in the shop today, getting all the goodies put on. I will let you know how it goes.

GEN XER
May 1st, 2009, 02:30
Everything. Its all done. He finished about 5pm so he is going to drive it for a few miles to bed the brakes and make sure all systems are go tomorrow before he returns it back to me. I put it back in the shop on 11 May for the DRC. Then I can just drive her for 10K miles I hope.

Brakes, Phaeton plates and everything?

Wow

You get those DRC struts replaced and we need to race!

GEN XER
May 3rd, 2009, 18:06
I got the car back yesterday. The new plugs and coil packs have smoothed everything out. I can tell the rotors are new. They don't have the bite they had before, I have to do a little more bedding and a lot more driving to tranfer more material over to the rotors. Building heat is going to be a little more difficult with the huge Phaeton cooling ducts though. Paul did not take any pics of the process. What a waste.

GEN XER
May 3rd, 2009, 19:43
I forgot to post these pics.

GEN XER
October 29th, 2009, 00:59
I dont have any issues with any of the parts I have purchased and used on my RS6. Go through my thread and read all about what I used and if you have any questions just reply.

GEN XER
November 18th, 2009, 01:55
OHHH NOOO! Fastvwaudiparts is no longer in business. Kyle told me today that he no longer sales OE VW and Audi parts. Damn. Now where do I go in 6k miles to get my timing belt parts?

V8weight
November 18th, 2009, 02:30
I bought this kit a few weeks ago as well as spark plugs, fuel/air/oil/cabin filters and oil. http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4.2T/Engine/Timing/ES8009/

GEN XER
November 18th, 2009, 02:37
I saw that one and it may be the way I have to go, since I cant get OE parts at a discount anymore.