PDA

View Full Version : Loaner?

chairman2300
March 25th, 2009, 14:45
What type of loaner does your local dealership give you when you bring your RS6 in for service? Im curious because i remember a while back Copper, I think, say he got a S4 convert. That is not what I get. Usually A6 or A4. Just curious.

V8weight
March 25th, 2009, 15:35
Carousel gave me PT Cruiser:cry:

SAF
March 25th, 2009, 15:51
I've had A3, A4, A6, A6 avant, Q7 and an S5.

mmaturo
March 25th, 2009, 20:02
I've had A3, A4, A6, A6 avant, Q7 and an S5.

I usually get an A4 or 6 but also have had a TT, Q7, and A8 as well. I tend to look at their fleet (as it turns over often) and request a particular car if i need something in particular, and in the case of the Q7 and TT it was a good extended test drive for future purchases.

Yellow RS6
March 25th, 2009, 20:31
I've been in twice so far, and both times got an A4. I'm not complaining though, I didn't buy the car new or even from this dealer.

Copper
March 25th, 2009, 20:55
Hey Yellow, I just missed you again at Jim Ellis. Glad I swiped the Q7 before you got it!

They told me your car was there. Mine is still there now.

I usually get a Q7 o A4. Once they gave me an A4 cabby.

chairman2300
March 25th, 2009, 22:09
Carousel gave me PT Cruiser:cry:

PT Loser? That sucks!

V8weight
March 25th, 2009, 22:33
PT Loser? That sucks!
I've found that the acceleration isn't that bad if I hop out and run along side of it until I reach 35mph or so.

DuckWingDuck
March 25th, 2009, 23:16
A4, which is really crappy, A3 which is fun and I'm going to try to convince my service advisor to give me an A5 next time.

SAF
March 25th, 2009, 23:44
I actually requested an A3 many times. Used to have one and still think they're a blast. And you can put a ton of crap in those cars!

DuckWingDuck
March 25th, 2009, 23:58
A3s are AWESOME. I loved it a whole lot more than the A4s that I've driven.

Yellow RS6
March 26th, 2009, 12:52
I've found that the acceleration isn't that bad if I hop out and run along side of it until I reach 35mph or so.

Fred Flintstone style! :lovl:

DwD and SAF, those are some pretty strong endorsements of the A3. I might have to check one out.

SAF
March 26th, 2009, 18:51
I loved my old A3. Bought it within a month of their arrival. As strange as it may sound to some, if they ever sent the true S3 over here, I would be first on the wait list.
Though now that they've finally brought over the new A3 2.0 with quattro and not just fwd, I have seriously thought about getting one to chip (and if I threw in the RS as a trade in, I could have a huge mod budget!).

...waiting for flames...

DHall1
March 26th, 2009, 19:07
Hey, whats new. We dont get squat over here.

TTRS looks nice. We cant buy one.

I loved my old A3. Bought it within a month of their arrival. As strange as it may sound to some, if they ever sent the true S3 over here, I would be first on the wait list.
Though now that they've finally brought over the new A3 2.0 with quattro and not just fwd, I have seriously thought about getting one to chip (and if I threw in the RS as a trade in, I could have a huge mod budget!).

...waiting for flames...

Spidercat
March 26th, 2009, 20:38
A3 FWD S-line numerous times (3 different colors). I absolutely love that cars 6-speed autobox. Revs quick and superfast shifts in both directions (faster than the the RS6 even w/the MTM TCU). Also, the 6 gears take better advantage of the relatively small 2.0T power/tq curve.
Overall, the A3's a little too small for two kids and hauling stuff (our A4 avant is barely up to the task). Also, I would like to try one w/quattro. I kept spinning the wheels from a standing start, and that was with dry pavement! I do have a heavy foot sometimes, though...

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2009, 20:39
if i didn't have a prius as my commuter car, I would totally buy an A3. And ya, it really is too bad that the S3 isn't available in the US, if it were, I'd probably buy it prius be damned. I highly recommend the A3/S3.

SAF
March 26th, 2009, 21:21
A3 FWD S-line numerous times (3 different colors). I absolutely love that cars 6-speed autobox. Revs quick and superfast shifts in both directions (faster than the the RS6 even w/the MTM TCU). Also, the 6 gears take better advantage of the relatively small 2.0T power/tq curve.
Overall, the A3's a little too small for two kids and hauling stuff (our A4 avant is barely up to the task). Also, I would like to try one w/quattro. I kept spinning the wheels from a standing start, and that was with dry pavement! I do have a heavy foot sometimes, though...

Exactly my point. I had (and loved) the small turbo engine in my TT and then the A3 (with DSG), but it was never available with quattro. I have driven the A3 3.2, and while it had more grunt, it didn't have the kind of jump the turbo obviously supplied, which is the response I prefer. And chipping that old 2.0 car with fwd was pointless because of the wheel spin you mention. But now that they've tweaked the engine to power the quattro system, I can work on creating my own :s3addict:

JCT2033
March 27th, 2009, 05:04
A8 and S4

Spidercat
March 28th, 2009, 00:20
A8 and S4
You win!
(Unless anyone got an RS4, S6, or S8?)