PDA

View Full Version : Hankook 255/35/19

GEN XER
March 24th, 2009, 17:47
I sale wholesale tires and rims among other things like houses (Dhall) as an additional income stream. I ordered a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires for the RS6. I know everyone here is Michelin but I got my reason for not going with them, I do sale tires afterall. I did the research and the numbers are a nearly perfect match. They fit the same rim width, the have the same overall diameter, section width, tread width and they are both load rated at 96Y. They differ in revs/ mil 799 to 796 Mich to Hankook, Tread depth 9/32 to 10/32 Mich to Hankook, so the Hankooks are 1/32 taller and the key difference, treadwear, the Mich are 220 and the Hankooks are 280. I have used them both before and I know from experience which one performs better for the money so lets hope the Hankooks fit.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=954

DHall1
March 24th, 2009, 18:44
NOOOOOOO!

:rolleyes:

All joking aside, I am sure you will give us the writeup after install. And yes, dont touch housing with a 10ft pole right now. Pretty soon, but not yet. There is too much money to be made in the markets right now.

Go WFC, Go! Hint, hint. I bought it and PUT it....what the hell.

I sale wholesale tires and rims among other things like houses (Dhall) as an additional income stream. I ordered a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires for the RS6. I know everyone here is Michelin but I got my reason for not going with them, I do sale tires afterall. I did the research and the numbers are a nearly perfect match. They fit the same rim width, the have the same overall diameter, section width, tread width and they are both load rated at 96Y. They differ in revs/ mil 799 to 796 Mich to Hankook, Tread depth 9/32 to 10/32 Mich to Hankook, so the Hankooks are 1/32 taller and the key difference, treadwear, the Mich are 220 and the Hankooks are 280. I have used them both before and I know from experience which one performs better for the money so lets hope the Hankooks fit.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=954

DHall1
March 24th, 2009, 18:47
Willie,

Speaking of....will you post up some good pics of your car? I want to look at those RS4 rims on the Avus.

Please. :mech:

GEN XER
March 24th, 2009, 21:09
Willie,

Speaking of....will you post up some good pics of your car? I want to look at those RS4 rims on the Avus.

Please. :mech:

Sure. Ill bust out the digital camera and take some pics. I got a new Laptop with Vista 64 bit and all my devices like blackberry and cameras just dont act the same way as when I was using XP. I hate upgrading, but I will get the hang of it. I am buying Fannie, Freddie, Citi, & GE. Ill check into the one you recommend as well.

DHall1
March 24th, 2009, 21:32
Well, the run was made on WFC...it almost tripled in 2 weeks. That said, Citi did triple but there is more risk of losing it all. Oil is next....dont wait too long before COP starts back up and we will see 100/per drum by summer.

This TALF stinks like a skunk because we are doing exactly what AIG did to get them in this mess. We are backstopping the securitized bundle of joy that will crap all over our shorts.

IMHO

But, hey there is money to be made. Oh well.

Sure. Ill bust out the digital camera and take some pics. I got a new Laptop with Vista 64 bit and all my devices like blackberry and cameras just dont act the same way as when I was using XP. I hate upgrading, but I will get the hang of it. I am buying Fannie, Freddie, Citi, & GE. Ill check into the one you recommend as well.

GEN XER
March 25th, 2009, 01:29
You got to teach me the short game. Im a holder.

DuckWingDuck
March 25th, 2009, 01:44
short is simple, but you need to stay on top of it. Frankly, for anybody who's not retiring in the next 10 years, just buy some index and hold.

How good are Hankook tires?

DHall1
March 25th, 2009, 01:50
The hell with buy and hold!

IMHO

Or go ahead and I will make another six figures when we have the next crisis. :hahahehe:

It will take you 30years to make up for the last 6 months. :harass:

short is simple, but you need to stay on top of it. Frankly, for anybody who's not retiring in the next 10 years, just buy some index and hold.

GEN XER
March 25th, 2009, 17:40

I've been a buy and hold guy and damn near lost my ass when the economy went tits up. I was lucky because I follow trends and I saw this train coming and pulled out with all my stocks in the black.

Hankook tires are on par with Mich tires if you ask me they just dont cost what Mich cost. Like with anything else you are paying for the name when you buy Mich, GY, Conti, BFG, Bridgestone, etc. I have seen Kuhmo, Hankook, Nitto, Fusion and other what they call off name brands perform just as good and last just as long as the name brands for less than half the money. Remember for a tire to be sold in America is has to pass the same basic safety standards, all of them, so what it boils down to is the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) or a tires Treadwear, Traction and Temperature. In the case of the Mich and Hankooks Traction and Temp are the same but treadwear was different. The Mich is 220 and the Hankook is 280. What this means in theory is the Hankook wears slower than the Mich, but it also means the rubber compound is harder, which may translate into a noisier ride, but I doubt it. All the reviews I have read comparing the two has the Hankook beating the Mich in this category and a lot off other categories.

The hell with buy and hold!

IMHO

Or go ahead and I will make another six figures when we have the next crisis. :hahahehe:

It will take you 30years to make up for the last 6 months. :harass:

This is more of what Im trying to get my head around. I know its a lot of watching and may require investing in dedicated computers and software but if it pays off then its worth the investment. What is this thread about again? Oh yeah the Hankooks yada-yada.

DHall1
March 25th, 2009, 17:52
I do know that I trust the PS2s when I throw the beast into a corner. Also, there is almost 0 road noise from PS2. Both qualities I value very high. Wear....I dont really care about given the two notes above. Thats me.

:hahahehe: Oh stocks....its not that much investment. Time...yes. Also, crisis is the best time....very best.

Hankook tires are on par with Mich tires if you ask me they just dont cost what Mich cost. Like with anything else you are paying for the name when you buy Mich, GY, Conti, BFG, Bridgestone, etc. I have seen Kuhmo, Hankook, Nitto, Fusion and other what they call off name brands perform just as good and last just as long as the name brands for less than half the money. Remember for a tire to be sold in America is has to pass the same basic safety standards, all of them, so what it boils down to is the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) or a tires Treadwear, Traction and Temperature. In the case of the Mich and Hankooks Traction and Temp are the same but treadwear was different. The Mich is 220 and the Hankook is 280. What this means in theory is the Hankook wears slower than the Mich, but it also means the rubber compound is harder, which may translate into a noisier ride, but I doubt it. All the reviews I have read comparing the two has the Hankook beating the Mich in this category and a lot off other categories.

This is more of what Im trying to get my head around. I know its a lot of watching and may require investing in dedicated computers and software but if it pays off then its worth the investment. What is this thread about again? Oh yeah the Hankooks yada-yada.

GEN XER
March 25th, 2009, 18:45
I had a set of Hankooks Ventus RH06 on my 2005 300C 20's. Anybody who knows, knows the 300C is a whale (Heavy) of a car. I could get into curves albeit not like in this RS6 but the tires would not give up traction easily. Hankooks are some of the quietest tires I have driven on, no joke. All the customers I sell Hankooks to say the same thing, if nothing else, that it is a quiet tire.

Some Reviews:
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+S1+evo

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/04/30/046050.html

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreifen/hankook/ventus_v12_evo/index.html

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/press/press_news_view.asp?pid=220&pn=1&selSort=&txtKeyword=

DHall1
March 25th, 2009, 19:52
Willie,

I trust your research. It would be a different story if I put 20k miles a year on my beast.

I had a set of Hankooks Ventus RH06 on my 2005 300C 20's. Anybody who knows, knows the 300C is a whale (Heavy) of a car. I could get into curves albeit not like in this RS6 but the tires would not give up traction easily. Hankooks are some of the quietest tires I have driven on, no joke. All the customers I sell Hankooks to say the same thing, if nothing else, that it is a quiet tire.

Some Reviews:
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+S1+evo

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/04/30/046050.html

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreifen/hankook/ventus_v12_evo/index.html

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/press/press_news_view.asp?pid=220&pn=1&selSort=&txtKeyword=

GEN XER
March 25th, 2009, 20:00
Willie,

I trust your research. It would be a different story if I put 20k miles a year on my beast.

Did you get my text yesterday?

DHall1
March 25th, 2009, 20:02
No....let me check again.

You have a Blackberry..right? Send me emails.

Did you get my text yesterday?

GEN XER
March 25th, 2009, 20:36
No....let me check again.

You have a Blackberry..right? Send me emails.

I use to have that service but I did not use it so I cancelled it.

GEN XER
March 29th, 2009, 15:21
Hankooks are on and I have to fitment issues. I have less than 100 miles on the tires but so far so good. I put 40psi in all four tires and what I can say is they are quiet, but most tires are when new, except Goodyear they are loud right from the start. Fresh rubber is always great.

Pics of the operation

hahnmgh63
March 29th, 2009, 16:37
I love my Goodyear F1 GSD3's, they are quieter than my Michelin PS2's and in the wet much better. They were ranked equal in the dry to the PS2's and a lot better in the wet according to last years European car test as well as Tire Rack and they are available in the XL load rating our car requires.

GEN XER
March 30th, 2009, 01:21
My SRT8 cam with F1's that tire is loud man. All you hear is road noise with GY tires from the one's on a van all the way up to there performance F1 tires like you have. What you might call quiet I might call noisey. I thought the Michelins were noisey too, but not like the GY's. These Hankooks are smoother than both.

Spidercat
April 1st, 2009, 02:32
I have to agree that my Goodyear F1 GS-D3s aren't too loud. Maybe my hearing is going, too, but I can't hear them unless I actually TRY to hear them, and I frequently drive with the windows down and the radio off just to hear that lovely engine. I don't find them offensive at all.
I'd buy them again (in fact I did last month). They are a little expensive, though. On dry pavement, they're sticky (so they don't wear all that well). In the wet, nothing even comes close!