PDA

View Full Version : Questions.....please help!!!!!

Tony Lam
March 21st, 2009, 08:25
I 'm thinking of selling my 2007 RS4 Avant for a used 2008 R8 or 2008 MB CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES, they are about the same price.....both are the good cars but the R8 is a bit under power.....well, don't know which one I should get?!:eye::doh: could anyone here tell me the answer and "why"??:bow: thanks so much!!

AndyBG
March 21st, 2009, 12:41
R8... Its so much more ''supercar''... i know it has ''only'' 420 hp, but complete automotive world is loving it! I don't remmember no one saying that amount of good words for CLK 63 AMG BS... Plus, Merc' is so old looking..., R8 is very modern.

KresoF1
March 21st, 2009, 13:20
I 'm thinking of selling my 2007 RS4 Avant for a used 2008 R8 or 2008 MB CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES, they are about the same price.....both are the good cars but the R8 is a bit under power.....well, don't know which one I should get?!:eye::doh: could anyone here tell me the answer and "why"??:bow: thanks so much!!

As R8 owner I will gave you strange answer-CLK 63 Black. Why ? Be honest with yourself-you would not think about CLK 63 Black if that car is not your favourite.

IMHO R8 4.2 FSI is better sportscar overall. I am not a fan of R Tronic but, even with R Tronic R8 4.2 FSI is true sportscar and CLK 63 Black is sports coupe(very sporty ricer coupe).

Just as I wrote in first sentence I suspect that you are very interested in CLK 63 Black...

Ruergard
March 21st, 2009, 14:00
KresoF1 has a point here. Two fast cars but one of them is a real sportscar. The other one a sports-coupé, but still the Black is in your head. It wouldn't be there if not for a reason... And why not? One hell of a car, no doubt!

But, it's not a sportscar as the R8. The only way that could ease your mind is a testdrive. My guess is that you will find them very different, and also wich way you wan't to go! :)

Tony Lam
March 21st, 2009, 16:27
I love both. But one concern for R8 is that it's using the same engine as RS4 which has been around for a couple of years already. I am afraid when the RS5 is launched next year they will share the same engine and the price for R8 will drop drastically. For CLK 63 black, I like it because the body is really wide however the body is old and a new body is coming out next year. So that's another problem. If the new E63 AMG Coupe come out next year I believe it will have more horsepower, so that's why I think the CLK's price will also drop......so which one will you choose if you were me?:rolleyes:

R8 England
March 21st, 2009, 19:17
You are buying/not buying for the wrong reasons.

Whatever you buy will be replaced by a newer model, and whatever you buy will fall in value (the world recession has caused just about everything to fall in value). Buy to enjoy or don't buy at all.

In any event, the R8 V10 5.2 customer deliveries in Europe start in May, so by your thinking R8 V8 is already obsolete !!!!!

The CLK and R8 cars are very different. If yiu want straight line speed, buy something cheap and Japanese and modify it, or buy a Corvette.

What the R8 V8 may lack in straight line speed, it more than makes up in outright handling and on a track it absolutely flattens many cars that have a better 0-60 time.

The R8 also looks better and has a much higher "wow" factor.

Test drive both, preferably on fast, clear roads, but that's not so easy if you are in Hong Kong.

AndyBG
March 21st, 2009, 21:44
I... the body is old and a new body is coming out next year...

New body is allready here...

Tony Lam
March 22nd, 2009, 06:43
i know.....but what i mean is the new E63AMG Coupe will come out next year.

AndyBG
March 22nd, 2009, 09:03
i know.....but what i mean is the new E63AMG Coupe will come out next year.

E 63 AMG Coupe will maybe even be released by the end of the year...

But, even compared to a new one, R8 still has so much more appeal to me, at least...

BTW, if you can wait for new E 63 AMG Coupe, than you can wait for R8 5.2 quattro as well.

Tony Lam
March 22nd, 2009, 14:19
I wish i would have enough $$ for the R8 V10 but.....anyway the CLK and the R8 are the used cars, the price of these cars have dropped by almost 40% and this's the reason I want to buy, otherwise no way!!.....and i don't think it's a good time to buy a brand new car at this moment even later!

AndyBG
March 22nd, 2009, 14:24
I wish i would have enough $$ for the R8 V10 but.....anyway the CLK and the R8 are the used cars, the price of these cars have dropped by almost 40% and this's the reason I want to buy, otherwise no way!!.....and i don't think it's a good time to buy a brand new car at this moment even later!

From that point of view R8 is even more better deal. I'm more than sure that R8 will find its next owner much faster and much better than a Merc'...

Tony Lam
March 22nd, 2009, 14:48
GOOD LUCK TO MYSELF!!:burnout:

AndyBG
March 22nd, 2009, 18:24
GOOD LUCK TO MYSELF!!:burnout:

...With your R8...! ;)

M3 owner
March 23rd, 2009, 08:35
I would buy the Merc only because I would not b able 2 use the R8 as a daily driver.The R8 is 2 low,attracts far 2 much attention & there is hardly any storage space.
Drive both cars & c what U like.U r the 1 that has 2 live w/ the decision, not us.