PDA

View Full Version : Me too, mee toooo, meeeee tooooooo!!

GoFastKindaGuy
August 11th, 2003, 17:01
:race:
So, I'm rolling to work in the turbo and the cell phone rings...
"So how are you?" Blah, blah, blah... Very uncharacteristic for my salesperson to gab on. Then, "We'll have your cell phone activated tomorrow...and it's gorgeous." Heart jumps to 150. "See ya Friday." I hang up.

A few minutes later it hits me: What a special car -- the RS6 -- to get a guy, while driving a 911, longing to drive his new Audi. Hey, live in the moment. Press right foot.

Braaaaaaaap! Breaaaaak. And I'm going to need another V1.

A great moring so far.

:incar:

Snow
August 11th, 2003, 18:02
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy

A few minutes later it hits me: What a special car -- the RS6 -- to get a guy, while driving a 911, longing to drive his new Audi. Hey, live in the moment. Press right foot.

Braaaaaaaap! Breaaaaak. And I'm going to need another V1.

Great sum up! I guess I don't have to say "enjoy your RS 6" :D

Finnus
August 11th, 2003, 18:20
GoFast,

Why do you have to wait until Friday?

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

iconcls
August 11th, 2003, 18:30
I had mine 5 hrs. after coming off the truck, PDI, paperwork, etc.

If you happen to see an Avus Silver blasting through your fine state end of Aug.--en route to Door Co.--give a nod ;-)

GoFastKindaGuy
August 11th, 2003, 18:32
Why wait until Friday?
1) The selling dealer, Carousel Motors, is 195 miles away in Iowa City. (Nobody closer responded to my RS6 wait list inquiry! Can you believe it?)
2) I have four full days of work planned.
3) My wife is competing in a half-ironman in...Iowa City on Sunday -- so I'm going there anyway!
:race:
I waited this long. I may be able to survive 3 more days.
:trash:

iconcls
August 11th, 2003, 18:36
Work? Screw work--where are your priorities man! ;-)

Towards the end I was so useless, I couldn't focus on anything that was not RS 6 related.

GoFastKindaGuy
August 11th, 2003, 18:42
Ok. That leaves two good reasons.
:cry:

jimmy94507
August 11th, 2003, 19:30
Congratulations!! I'm sure you will like the Avus Silver/Ebony. We are so glad we decided on this color combination! I'm sure all of us will be looking forward to your review of the car compared to your 911 after you've lived with the RS 6 for awhile!!

Regards, Jim

FitzRS6
August 11th, 2003, 19:32
Hey congrats on your new RS6! Thats the same dealer I got mine from! As you probably already know they are a great dealership. I have been 100% satisfied with them. Are you going to return to Wisconsin via hwy 151?

GoFastKindaGuy
August 11th, 2003, 19:53
:race: 151 it is!:addict:

Bauer
August 12th, 2003, 04:14
Congrats!!!!! on the car...... I agree with Iconcls my car is not even in production it is all I can do to keep my sanity. I can only imagine how I will feel when my car actually gets her. I hope you enjoy every bit of the car and please photos and impressions once you have had a proper introduction to the beast. I am especially intrested to find out how it compars to the twin turbo.
ENJOY!!!!!!!
Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered:incar:

Benman
August 12th, 2003, 15:27
Go Fast:cheers: ,

nice to hear you'll be picking up your car soon. a RS 6 AND a 911. ahhh... that sounds like a HAPPY garage:D

Ben:addict: