PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 19" Factory RS6 Wheels

Copper
March 19th, 2009, 22:48
PM me if you have a set up OEM 19" RS6 wheels that you would like to sell. I don't want to purchase replicas.

Thanks!

DHall1
March 20th, 2009, 00:04
Copper,

Those are like looking for a needle in a haystack. They never came on any US RS6.

Have you considered the OEM RS4 wheel? They look good on the 6. Gen Xer has a set on his car. Maybe he could post some updated pics. For me, its a toss up between the RS4 wheel and the MTM Bimoto's. I have some time before making a change because my brakes and tires are somewhat new. No need to just throw money down the toilet. I can wear out what I have first.

Any news on the DRC front?

Dave

PM me if you have a set up OEM 19" RS6 wheels that you would like to sell. I don't want to purchase replicas.

Thanks!

Copper
March 20th, 2009, 19:05
Oh man. DRC. DRC. DRC. Where do I begin?

I bought a 2009 Nissan Maxima Sport Premium Plus Technology (Wow how about SPPT?). $42K discounted it to $30K since dealers are so desparate. Didn't even have to push very hard. I was the only person in the dealership.

So, back to the RS6. Called Audi Care hotline. Very nice people. They contacted the dealer and told them about the new parts arriving in August since when I spoke with them "we don't know anything about it". They are trying to tell me the didn't get a letter. I helped them out and printed the letter that went to the dealers and also to the RS6 owners. Me. Explaining to them. What is wrong with this picture?

Drove a Q7 to Orlando and back for a business trip. Gone for a week. I called them asking what the status is thinking they will want the new shiny Q7 back at some point. Service manager is still "researching it". It takes 1 1/2 weeks to "research" if my DRC has failed? Really?

Got pissed and called Audi Care. Told them I want my DRC fixed and fixed with the new parts NOW. If it can't be done now then buy may car for fair market value and they can enjoy the issues.

Service tech calls and says please, please come in and drive the car with the tech and speak with the Service Manager, I'm stuck in the middle. they didn't find anything wrong with your DRC. Now, when the DRC failed it failed so violently, I pulled over and called my Service tech and almost had the car towed, too nervous to drive it. No problem found. really?

So I ask Audi Care rep to contact the dealer, tell them I'm not happy and explain to them how to check if the DRC is working. He said will do.

I showed up yesterday. Asked the RS6 tech:

1. Did you check for leaks? Yes, none found.

2. Did you check the pressure in the system? No, since there are no leaks the system *should* have full pressure. Besides, we don't have the proper tool to check the pressure. I'm about to go postal. You drag my ass all the way down here AGAIN after you've had the car for 1 1/2 weeks sitting here doing nothing in the lot to tell me you don't even have the proper tool to follow the Audi procedures? What kind of morons are running this place? Well, sir we can only flush the system and fill it with the tools that we have. I ask, how can you check to see if the system is at the correct pressure? We can't is the answer I get.

3. Did you drive the car? Yes we heard the suspension squeak, etc. but we can't do anything about that and the car feels fine to me. I remind him this is not a subjective matter but a factual matter. If you can't properly test the system then your opinion means nothing to anyone including me.

So, they decide that they need to flush the system and refill it, have me come back and test drive to see if the car "feels" better. Wait for the recall and then come back and swap out the DRC parts with the upgraded/redesigned parts.

I call Audi, tell them about my experience and my rep is getting upset.

I walk back inside, go to the Sales Manager (I'm at Jim Allis Audi by the way) and ask him to put together numbers on the black/black S6 they have in the show room. He says "give me your email I'll send you some lease numbers". He takes down my phone number as well. Mind you there is not one customer in the showroom or on the lot.

I drive the Q7 home. I wait 2 days, no emails no calls. I get pissed and call Nalley Audi and ask them to put together the same deal. 2 more days go by and no calls from them either. What the hell? They don't want to sell a car? So I go on the Internet and start shopping for a more reliable business car with NAV, Bluetooth, good MPG and power, etc. Decide I would consider a Nissan Maxima or Infiniti M45. In the mean time, Audi is telling me to come back and test drive the RS6. On my way there they call and say "oh no we can't have you drive the car right now we need to get a special tool to check the pressure since something appears to be wrong from our initial test drive". Really? Really? WTF have I been screaming the last 2 weeks and for over a year? "Audi is helping us out and sending us the proper tool, please wait and we will call you".

I make a U-turn right in front of a Nissan dealership. I walk in with the look of a crazed postal worker: I want to test drive a Maxima. Loaded with every available option that is offered. I want it to be gray and I want you to give me the car. I used to work F&I at a dealership so don't screw with me. 1 hour later I'm signing the paperwork on my new Maxima. I bought it yesterday and picked it up today (they did not have a fully loaded one available on the lot). While I am signing the lease on the Maxima my phone rings. It's the Sales Manager at Nalley. I heard you are interested purchasing an S6. Sorry, too late I bought a Maxima. I'm not going to wait 2-3 days for your incompetent sales person to call me back with the lease numbers. He's sort of getting mad at how I dare purchase a car without telling them first and that they have been "working on it". So, what is the lease payment then? "I don't know yet we are working on it". So I just hung up - CLICK. What's funny is at least Nalley called me back. I have yet to hear from Jim Ellis the dealership where my RS6 is right now.

So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my RS6. I LOVE the car. I am hoping the DRC redesign will fix the DRC issues. I may keep it as a hobby car. I just don't have time to screw around with these issues when I'm trying to run an business and we are still really busy even with this economy (touch wood) so I'm working as much as possible since who knows what next year will be like?

I may just sell it. I don't need (2) 4 door sedans, which I learned from having (2) RS6s. If I'm going to have a hobby car I'd rather get a real sports car that I can take to the track and row the gears on my own.

If I sell decide to sell, it will be the one of the nicest examples available for sure. I've dumped tons of money into it with new PS2's K-40 built in Radar/laser jammer (front and back) window tint, clear bra, RSN-E Nav upgrade, LED tail lights...... makes me sick just thinking about selling it honestly. With the REVO ECU flash the car is flat out a blast to drive. At 50K miles I'm at the crossroads to sell or not to sell?

So there's the big long sad story.

DHall1
March 20th, 2009, 19:21
Copper,

Please cut and paste this into a new thread with the app title. I and you should want all to read this crap in the proper context.

I dont care if we have 500 DRC threads on this board. Crap is crap.

I feel for you and Audi....are you listening. Another 2 time RS6 owner buys a Nissan.

Oh man. DRC. DRC. DRC. Where do I begin?

I bought a 2009 Nissan Maxima Sport Premium Plus Technology (Wow how about SPPT?). $42K discounted it to $30K since dealers are so desparate. Didn't even have to push very hard. I was the only person in the dealership.

So, back to the RS6. Called Audi Care hotline. Very nice people. They contacted the dealer and told them about the new parts arriving in August since when I spoke with them "we don't know anything about it". They are trying to tell me the didn't get a letter. I helped them out and printed the letter that went to the dealers and also to the RS6 owners. Me. Explaining to them. What is wrong with this picture?

Drove a Q7 to Orlando and back for a business trip. Gone for a week. I called them asking what the status is thinking they will want the new shiny Q7 back at some point. Service manager is still "researching it". It takes 1 1/2 weeks to "research" if my DRC has failed? Really?

Got pissed and called Audi Care. Told them I want my DRC fixed and fixed with the new parts NOW. If it can't be done now then buy may car for fair market value and they can enjoy the issues.

Service tech calls and says please, please come in and drive the car with the tech and speak with the Service Manager, I'm stuck in the middle. they didn't find anything wrong with your DRC. Now, when the DRC failed it failed so violently, I pulled over and called my Service tech and almost had the car towed, too nervous to drive it. No problem found. really?

So I ask Audi Care rep to contact the dealer, tell them I'm not happy and explain to them how to check if the DRC is working. He said will do.

I showed up yesterday. Asked the RS6 tech:

1. Did you check for leaks? Yes, none found.

2. Did you check the pressure in the system? No, since there are no leaks the system *should* have full pressure. Besides, we don't have the proper tool to check the pressure. I'm about to go postal. You drag my ass all the way down here AGAIN after you've had the car for 1 1/2 weeks sitting here doing nothing in the lot to tell me you don't even have the proper tool to follow the Audi procedures? What kind of morons are running this place? Well, sir we can only flush the system and fill it with the tools that we have. I ask, how can you check to see if the system is at the correct pressure? We can't is the answer I get.

3. Did you drive the car? Yes we heard the suspension squeak, etc. but we can't do anything about that and the car feels fine to me. I remind him this is not a subjective matter but a factual matter. If you can't properly test the system then your opinion means nothing to anyone including me.

So, they decide that they need to flush the system and refill it, have me come back and test drive to see if the car "feels" better. Wait for the recall and then come back and swap out the DRC parts with the upgraded/redesigned parts.

I call Audi, tell them about my experience and my rep is getting upset.

I walk back inside, go to the Sales Manager (I'm at Jim Allis Audi by the way) and ask him to put together numbers on the black/black S6 they have in the show room. He says "give me your email I'll send you some lease numbers". He takes down my phone number as well. Mind you there is not one customer in the showroom or on the lot.

I drive the Q7 home. I wait 2 days, no emails no calls. I get pissed and call Nalley Audi and ask them to put together the same deal. 2 more days go by and no calls from them either. What the hell? They don't want to sell a car? So I go on the Internet and start shopping for a more reliable business car with NAV, Bluetooth, good MPG and power, etc. Decide I would consider a Nissan Maxima or Infiniti M45. In the mean time, Audi is telling me to come back and test drive the RS6. On my way there they call and say "oh no we can't have you drive the car right now we need to get a special tool to check the pressure since something appears to be wrong from our initial test drive". Really? Really? WTF have I been screaming the last 2 weeks and for over a year? "Audi is helping us out and sending us the proper tool, please wait and we will call you".

I make a U-turn right in front of a Nissan dealership. I walk in with the look of a crazed postal worker: I want to test drive a Maxima. Loaded with every available option that is offered. I want it to be gray and I want you to give me the car. I used to work F&I at a dealership so don't screw with me. 1 hour later I'm signing the paperwork on my new Maxima. I bought it yesterday and picked it up today (they did not have a fully loaded one available on the lot). While I am signing the lease on the Maxima my phone rings. It's the Sales Manager at Nalley. I heard you are interested purchasing an S6. Sorry, too late I bought a Maxima. I'm not going to wait 2-3 days for your incompetent sales person to call me back with the lease numbers. He's sort of getting mad at how I dare purchase a car without telling them first and that they have been "working on it". So, what is the lease payment then? "I don't know yet we are working on it". So I just hung up - CLICK. What's funny is at least Nalley called me back. I have yet to hear from Jim Ellis the dealership where my RS6 is right now.

So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my RS6. I LOVE the car. I am hoping the DRC redesign will fix the DRC issues. I may keep it as a hobby car. I just don't have time to screw around with these issues when I'm trying to run an business and we are still really busy even with this economy (touch wood) so I'm working as much as possible since who knows what next year will be like?

I may just sell it. I don't need (2) 4 door sedans, which I learned from having (2) RS6s. If I'm going to have a hobby car I'd rather get a real sports car that I can take to the track and row the gears on my own.

If I sell decide to sell, it will be the one of the nicest examples available for sure. I've dumped tons of money into it with new PS2's K-40 built in Radar/laser jammer (front and back) window tint, clear bra, RSN-E Nav upgrade, LED tail lights...... makes me sick just thinking about selling it honestly. With the REVO ECU flash the car is flat out a blast to drive. At 50K miles I'm at the crossroads to sell or not to sell?

So there's the big long sad story.

GEN XER
March 20th, 2009, 22:11
Make that three. You dont have to worry about me buying anything new from VAG either.

mmaturo
March 21st, 2009, 04:53
Make that three. You dont have to worry about me buying anything new from VAG either.

Although i will say my OEM 19s new were the best investment i made period besides the RNSE...however they were 725 ea when i bought mine years ago. More now. I am dying to get them back on as i use my 18s for winter duty. the differnce in the aggressive look of the car is worth the $$. Too bad i can't sell my car or somebody would already be lucky. $700 floor mats...that was dumb.

DHall1
March 21st, 2009, 05:38
Those OEM 19s would also look killer on a Avus/Bla RS6. The graphite color would make a nice contrast to the Avus...it would look awesome.

I am torn between....

1. MTM Bimotos in 19x9.5/275/30/19
2. OEM RS4 19s
3. OEM RS6/euro spec rims.

I want something to contrast the Avus and update the look of the car and still maintain the strength of the stock wheels. Not in any hurry because my PS2s are new on my car....I still have some time.

Although i will say my OEM 19s new were the best investment i made period besides the RNSE...however they were 725 ea when i bought mine years ago. More now. I am dying to get them back on as i use my 18s for winter duty. the differnce in the aggressive look of the car is worth the $$. Too bad i can't sell my car or somebody would already be lucky. $700 floor mats...that was dumb.

vangelis
March 21st, 2009, 07:28
I want something to contrast the Avus and update the look of the car and still maintain the strength of the stock wheels.

No other choice ,, MTM Bimotos in 19x9.5/275/30/19 :love:

mmaturo
March 21st, 2009, 16:01
MTMs if you do not do the OEM RS6 19s. A year ago i wish i was loaded as an actual set of the Champion racing wheels from the RS6 race cars came up for sale. $7000 but sure looked great and were low weight.

DHall1
March 21st, 2009, 16:47
Wow,

That would have been cool for sure. If they were the later versions....too much positive offset because Champion flared the fenders

MTMs if you do not do the OEM RS6 19s. A year ago i wish i was loaded as an actual set of the Champion racing wheels from the RS6 race cars came up for sale. $7000 but sure looked great and were low weight.

DuckWingDuck
March 21st, 2009, 18:48
weight reduction is the key IMO.

DHall1
March 21st, 2009, 19:15
Yeah but tires sticking outside the fender flares would also tend to sling dirt alittle too much.

weight reduction is the key IMO.

mmaturo
March 21st, 2009, 20:10
Wow,

That would have been cool for sure. If they were the later versions....too much positive offset because Champion flared the fenders

They actually did fit with no issues (having asked in detail as I really was nuts enough to consider it), 2 sets went onto B5 S4s modified to RS4 spec and the tuner shop had one set left but it seems the race cars may have had a wider setup but not the offset on the wheel itself. I asked the question. They were painted the ti finish too. I'll have to see if i can dig up the email with the pics and specs. They were neat and an odd piece of racing Audi history.

DHall1
March 21st, 2009, 20:13
Yeah, pics and specs would be cool to ponder.

They actually did fit with no issues (having asked in detail as I really was nuts enough to consider it), 2 sets went onto B5 S4s modified to RS4 spec and the tuner shop had one set left but it seems the race cars may have had a wider setup but not the offset on the wheel itself. I asked the question. They were painted the ti finish too. I'll have to see if i can dig up the email with the pics and specs. They were neat and an odd piece of racing Audi history.

Copper
March 22nd, 2009, 01:55
Can someone post pics of the MTMs? Maybe on an RS6 as well?

The idea here is that if I keep the RS6 as a hobby car (paid for) then I can now modify the looks of the car since I won't be using it for business anymore.

allwheelsdriven
March 22nd, 2009, 02:15
set on CL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1081714180.html

DHall1
March 22nd, 2009, 03:12
Post #27+

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17213&page=3

My idea if I go MTM Bimoto will be a "black chrome" type of finish against the Avus body color of the RS6. Not a chrome finish...its painted but sort of a dark gray but not as dark as gunmetal.

Can someone post pics of the MTMs? Maybe on an RS6 as well?

The idea here is that if I keep the RS6 as a hobby car (paid for) then I can now modify the looks of the car since I won't be using it for business anymore.

Copper
March 22nd, 2009, 03:17
Thanks for the Craig's list link!

I contacted the owner and will let you know the outcome.

Copper
March 22nd, 2009, 03:22
Thanks for the link to the pics of the MTM wheels. They look pretty good as well!

DHall1
March 22nd, 2009, 04:07
These are more like the color I had in mind for my car.

Picture these on a Avus/Bla 2003 RS6.....Ahhhh

This Avant is/was for sale over in the UK. If I could get my hands on that sucker....it would be mine.

grizz
March 22nd, 2009, 14:37
I've ot a set that are like new in the rs6+ mat .I'll post some pics if you want them. g

Copper
March 22nd, 2009, 15:14
Thanks Grizz

Please do.

Mr Balsen
March 22nd, 2009, 15:49
I have also this one:

http://www.mtm-france.com/reportages/2009/AudiRS6_MTMWheels/AudiRS6_MTMWheels_10.jpg

and more pictures of the same car here:

http://www.mtm-france.com/reportages/2009/AudiRS6_MTMWheels/index.php

Frederic

DHall1
March 22nd, 2009, 17:44
Grizz,

Please post pics for the wheels

I've ot a set that are like new in the rs6+ mat .I'll post some pics if you want them. g

DHall1
March 22nd, 2009, 17:45
Frederic,

Is the the "Titanium" color for the MTM Bimoto?

If so this is the color I want. These will look fantastic on a Avus/Bla 2003 RS6. Wow

I have also this one:

http://www.mtm-france.com/reportages/2009/AudiRS6_MTMWheels/AudiRS6_MTMWheels_10.jpg

and more pictures of the same car here:

http://www.mtm-france.com/reportages/2009/AudiRS6_MTMWheels/index.php

Frederic

DHall1
March 23rd, 2009, 15:01
Somebody already grabbed these up.

Da#$%it!

LOL

set on CL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1081714180.html