PDA

View Full Version : Bose Audio System

oregonbob
August 11th, 2003, 04:06
I read that some (if not all) of the non-US cars come with a 250 watt Bose system with nine speakers (vs. 200 watts and eight speakers for the US). I'm guessing the difference is a subwoofer with its own 50 watt amplifier. Any other opinions?

Why leave out 50 watts and a speaker in the US car? Any one thought about adding it back in?

avdh
August 11th, 2003, 08:10
Don't worry too much about watts.
These days it does not mean much and audio manufactures seem to all work on different data, which totally confuse the public.

Compare hi-end Audio to Ghetto Blasters and you will understand what I mean.

As for the EU car sound system output and the US one, I haven't got a clue, but I would not be surprised if they are identical specs, but advertised differently.
Maybe in the US one has to be abit more "honest" with watts claims?

TheBrit
August 11th, 2003, 12:11
UK spec is a 250W Bose system. If I'm not mistaken, there are tweeters and main drivers in each door for a total of 8 in-cabin speakers, and there's a separate bass driver (actually a shaped plastic box with two speakers embedded in it) in the right-hand side of the trunk with the Bose amp.

Any US owners able to confirm presence of bass sub or not?

jconley
August 11th, 2003, 15:15
We can't see, thats where our battry is! :)

J

TheBrit
August 11th, 2003, 16:47
Originally posted by jconley
We can't see, thats where our battry is! :)
Do you have a lift-out panel (like the one covering the CD changer and Nav unit) on the right-hand side? That's where the Bose sub lives.

oregonbob
August 11th, 2003, 17:21
I have a US spec 2002 A6 4.2 with the 200 watt Bose system. I think it is the same as the RS6. There are two subs in the right side panel. Small and cheap looking, but they are there.

Wonder how well they work from the trunk???

Thanks for the info.

jimmy94507
August 11th, 2003, 19:36
I just went to the RS 6 and looked in the compartment. Yep, looks just like my 4.2, although there is also the samll elec. pump for inflating the spare strapped in the bottom of that compartment.

Regards, Jim