PDA

View Full Version : BEST US TUNER for AUDI RS models

M5 RUS
March 14th, 2009, 13:29
Hello guys...Long time I wasnt visiting this site...

I hope everyone is OK here and doing good here...Anyone received new RS6 yet ???

Well since I had M5. I went throught to VRP 680 HP E55...then 997 TT TipS with Switzer SPI 750 kit and now doing another even more powerful 997 TT at Switzer Performance Innovation....

Anyways...time going by and I decide to open new tuning company here...Tuinng high end Porsches (TT models), BMWs (M5 series), Merecedes (AMGs) and I came to that I new to find BEST US based AUDI tuner with whom I could work in AUDI tuing S and RS models mostly..

I have one client here who want best tuning for RS6 now...

So I need you help and reccomendations...Please LET ME know here or PM ME...

Many Thanks

Mike

waldo
March 14th, 2009, 13:59
powerchip

contact Wayne Besanko

they did my RS6 sedan in Australia and the results are stunning

Dave

M5 RUS
March 14th, 2009, 14:41
Hi...they just chipped your car ???

What are the results ???

waldo
March 14th, 2009, 14:52
520kws, 820nm

the car was fast to start with, but in the words of the mechanic who drove it (and he has driven plenty of fast cars) is was just ridiculous

my previous car was a BMW M5 E60, and it would have mauled it to death

it just flies

put it this way, to make a M5 go fast you have to do some work, in the Audi, you just plant it

it builds spend at such an effortless rate that it just defies physics.....

that may sounds silly, but you drive a 700hp sedan and you will understand what i mean

anyway you can't go past powerchip

best

Dave

p3u
March 14th, 2009, 16:19
520kws, 820nm

the car was fast to start with, but in the words of the mechanic who drove it (and he has driven plenty of fast cars) is was just ridiculous

my previous car was a BMW M5 E60, and it would have mauled it to death

it just flies

put it this way, to make a M5 go fast you have to do some work, in the Audi, you just plant it

it builds spend at such an effortless rate that it just defies physics.....

that may sounds silly, but you drive a 700hp sedan and you will understand what i mean

anyway you can't go past powerchip

best

Dave

You are talking c6 with that power right?

DuckWingDuck
March 14th, 2009, 18:33
I've been hesitant to jump on this thread, but after having chatted about mapping for so long, it's no longer clear to me what "best" really means because "best" is different for everybody. Instead, here are some of the OPTION....

1. MTM - Only #1 because they've been around for so long and have a reputation for quality work.
2. GIAC - #2 for me because Garrett is in my personal network and his office is literally down the street from my house.
3. REVO - The selectable and semi-customisation that can be done by the end-user (adjusting boost etc) seems interesting.
4. Custom Code - Grizz out of the UK recommends it and Mooch runs it and loves it.
5. What else is there?

Ultimately, they will all output about the same performance since they're all tweaking the same engine.

vangelis
March 14th, 2009, 19:00
I've been hesitant to jump on this thread, but after having chatted about mapping for so long, it's no longer clear to me what "best" really means because "best" is different for everybody. Instead, here are some of the OPTION....

1. MTM - Only #1 because they've been around for so long and have a reputation for quality work.
2. GIAC - #2 for me because Garrett is in my personal network and his office is literally down the street from my house.
3. REVO - The selectable and semi-customisation that can be done by the end-user (adjusting boost etc) seems interesting.
4. Custom Code - Grizz out of the UK recommends it and Mooch runs it and loves it.
5. What else is there?

Ultimately, they will all output about the same performance since they're all tweaking the same engine.

I have my car done with ABT and its really very powerful also and very stable, i didn't face any issue with ABT.

There is also APR. I heard they are good.

waldo
March 14th, 2009, 23:16
You are talking c6 with that power right?

2009 model, C6

10SecS4
March 15th, 2009, 04:27

I hope everyone is OK here and doing good here...Anyone received new RS6 yet ???

Well since I had M5. I went throught to VRP 680 HP E55...then 997 TT TipS with Switzer SPI 750 kit and now doing another even more powerful 997 TT at Switzer Performance Innovation....

Anyways...time going by and I decide to open new tuning company here...Tuinng high end Porsches (TT models), BMWs (M5 series), Merecedes (AMGs) and I came to that I new to find BEST US based AUDI tuner with whom I could work in AUDI tuing S and RS models mostly..

Many Thanks

MikeDoes your client have the older 2003-2004 C5 RS6 or the newer C6 RS6 with the V10 TDI?

Where are you located?

http://titsup-racing.com/video/rs6/rs6_sig.jpg

2003 Audi RS6
11.84 @ 116.76 | Video (http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/rs6/rs6_11_8.wmv) | Timeslip (http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/rs6/rs6.htm)
Mods: No pre-cats & my own custom tuned ECU/TCU. That's it!

2000 Audi S4
10.73 @ 132.76 | Video (http://titsup-racing.com/video/s4/s4_10_73.wmv) | Timeslip (http://titsup-racing.com/images/s4/s4_10_73.jpg)
Mods: K04s + bolt-ons + weight reduction (bone stock motor!).

mdk
March 15th, 2009, 19:39
520kws, 820nm

Waldo as far as I know torque cannot be more than 800nm on our model due to some gearbox limitation (valves or something).

There will be some upgrade on the gearbox control unit and hence more torque by the time RS6 plus will be in the market. QUATTRO gmbh did some upgrade and RS6 plus gearbox will handle 800nm torque stock (engine will be some 660hp).

I did my C6 with MTM which is at least as fast and with well known reliability :MTM:

waldo
March 16th, 2009, 11:30
Waldo as far as I know torque cannot be more than 800nm on our model due to some gearbox limitation (valves or something).

There will be some upgrade on the gearbox control unit and hence more torque by the time RS6 plus will be in the market. QUATTRO gmbh did some upgrade and RS6 plus gearbox will handle 800nm torque stock (engine will be some 660hp).

I did my C6 with MTM which is at least as fast and with well known reliability :MTM:

we checked with zf and advice was 820 ok but change gbox oil 20,000 kms required

trust you are happy with yours!

i used to own a e60 m5, i hope to one day meet the guy that bought my car out on the road - it would be a very onesided outcome, though that m5 was a beautiful car...

gjg
March 16th, 2009, 16:41

Many Thanks

Mike

I vote for MTM, used them for 18 years, no problems. Mike Hoppen in FL did 4 of my cars, MTM in Germany other 3. In any case you want to have someone IN COUNTRY. I do not know if there is Abt in US, Mike Hoppen got some Abt exhausts and suspension kits for me for S4 and S6 in 90's

:cheers:

M5 RUS
March 19th, 2009, 13:10
Thanks for your help guys...New RS6 is very nice...We have ABT and MTM tuners, as well as Sportec and other...I was looking for US established tuner for newesr RS6 but I have found out that lastest RS6 will not be imported in USA...is that true ???

absent
March 19th, 2009, 14:21
but I have found out that lastest RS6 will not be imported in USA...is that true ???

Unfortunately it is true......:vgrumpy:

Holiday
March 19th, 2009, 19:33
Not that this provides any kind of technically helpful info to aid your decision making process (it doesn't!), but personally...I plan to buy the MTM ECU/TCU chip when I return to the States.
As others have mentioned- reputable company, good price, and conservative numbers.
I've also considered REVO, but the simplicity of the MTM (in addition to the above mentioned) made it more attractive to me- even so, suggest you consider REVO as the flexibility and price make it a very attractive option.

DuckWingDuck
March 19th, 2009, 20:17
being a local guy, why not consider GIAC?