PDA

View Full Version : V A G news, very interesting!

AndyBG
March 14th, 2009, 02:16
It seems that future is in 2.0 T and 2.0 TDI engines...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/03/vw-group-to-launch-more-than-20.html

Ruergard
March 14th, 2009, 09:29
And why shouldn't it be? Two truly great engines that works more than well in family cars.

As long as there is the option to get some more power ofcourse. ;)

RXBG
March 14th, 2009, 17:13
also- who says they cannot increase the displacement and keep the number of cylinders the same?

if the factory 2.0T can make close to 300 hp, with aftermarket tuning pushing it to 350 (and the previous 1.8T making 240 from the factory, e.g. TT quattro sport, with up to 310 via aftermarket tuning) a 2.2T or 2.3T could make as much 360 from the factory with aftermarket tuners releasing over 400.

may not sound too "refined" but could behave quite like a linear V6 in terms of torque, especially if they employ a little supercharger for low end-torque. world engine of the year award anyone?

roadrunner
March 15th, 2009, 11:14
It seems that future is in 2.0 T and 2.0 TDI engines...

Hey - than i'm more than up to date with my A4 Avant 2.0 TDI quattro :jlol:

I had a discussion with a friend about him getting an R8. Of cource it's a lot of money, but my answer was: if you have it, get it. This era (V8+ engines) is going to an end.

This cars will be dinausours in the near future. But I'm sure glad that they exist(ed). :R8:

The mentioned lightweight 4 cylinder S5 prototype in another thread with same performance figures as the S5 V8: "the future is bright, i gotta wear shades" :dig: