PDA

View Full Version : Measurement Question Inside

SAFE4NOW
March 13th, 2009, 12:43
Would anyone be willing to take a measuring tape out and measure outside tire to outside tire width on a 2003 Rs6 with OEM wheel / tire combo for me?:idea:

I am looking into a trailer and found one for a good price , but want to make sure the wheels fit between the wheel wells inside the trailer.:0:

Please and Thank you!
:addict:

Steve
:revs:

DHall1
March 13th, 2009, 15:03
Steve,

My car is not with me right now but from memory...

I have a 2008 Haulmark Race enclosed trailer. 20ft length.

The RS6 with stock wheels clears each inner trailer fender by 5 inches.

If you go over to the Haulmark site and get the fender width...you got it.

Hope that helps
Dave

Would anyone be willing to take a measuring tape out and measure outside tire to outside tire width on a 2003 Rs6 with OEM wheel / tire combo for me?:idea:

I am looking into a trailer and found one for a good price , but want to make sure the wheels fit between the wheel wells inside the trailer.:0:

Please and Thank you!
:addict:

Steve
:revs:

SAFE4NOW
March 13th, 2009, 17:02
Thank you for your reply. I have 71" between the fenders ( Fenders are inside the box of the trailer itself )

The trailer sides are more than enough and the front to back space is fine as well.

Tuesday, I may just test fit it myself if everything goes well.

Thank you for taking the time!

Steve

p.s. This is what I found, but I may not be seeing the inside measurements between the fenders... or I am looking at the wrong trailer anyways. btw NICE trailer

DHall1
March 13th, 2009, 17:18
Steve,

RS6 track width is 72 inches.

Can you modify your trailer inner fenders at all?

SAFE4NOW
March 13th, 2009, 17:35
Steve,

RS6 track width is 72 inches.

Can you modify your trailer inner fenders at all?

LOL... you are just saying that because I told you it's 71" ...:hihi:

well, its not my trailer yet, so with the given information, I may be looking for another trailer this weekend. Then again, a well placed sledge hammer may work too... :mech:

Thank you again for taking the time to measure!

Steve

HeadShot
March 13th, 2009, 17:38
Mine stock... 184cm outside tire to tire (rear) but the fenders are wider. Add 1.5 cm either side so 187 tot. And an industrial sized can of vasiline to get it in!!! LOL.
Srry KIWI = metric, you guys will come around eventually ha,ha.

SAFE4NOW
March 13th, 2009, 19:13
Mine stock... 184cm outside tire to tire (rear) but the fenders are wider. Add 1.5 cm either side so 187 tot. And an industrial sized can of vasiline to get it in!!! LOL.
Srry KIWI = metric, you guys will come around eventually ha,ha.

Note: Industrial sized can of Vaseline!

LOL

Steve

Bigglezworth
March 13th, 2009, 19:23
Thick or thin, fat or slim, Vaseline will get'r in...