PDA

View Full Version : New DRC - Problems?

sallyh
March 13th, 2009, 03:26
Hi all

reading all this stuff about the DRC and how hopeless Audi is about fixing it has really got me grumpy. I feel like a fool who sold the previous RS6 (after "fixing" the DRC) and very keenly ordered the new one. Surely they have solved the problem in the new DRC? I know I have asked this before but please, if anyone has the new RS6 Avant (it has been around for a bit now) and has had any DRC issues, can you let us know. My car is on the boat and all I can think about is that the DRC is going to break.

SAF
March 13th, 2009, 03:39
Different system.

DHall1
March 13th, 2009, 06:24
Well, at this point you can only hope the "new, new" DRC never fails. If it fails then I am afraid Audi will never fix it properly. Look at the mess we have after 5 years. Now we wait 6 months for shocks? While driving dangerous vehicles on the road?

My R8 money is going to stay in the bank.

Hi all

reading all this stuff about the DRC and how hopeless Audi is about fixing it has really got me grumpy. I feel like a fool who sold the previous RS6 (after "fixing" the DRC) and very keenly ordered the new one. Surely they have solved the problem in the new DRC? I know I have asked this before but please, if anyone has the new RS6 Avant (it has been around for a bit now) and has had any DRC issues, can you let us know. My car is on the boat and all I can think about is that the DRC is going to break.

GEN XER
March 13th, 2009, 14:45
You know just when I thought only American car companies treated there customers like this. I thought no way VAG played these games with there customers. I thought they were on the same level as BMW with customer satisfaction, well I guess I was wrong. There is no way Im ever buying anything new from them and have to deal with there dealers if they treat customers this way. I have avoided BMW my whole life, but they seem to be the only one's in the Luxury car business who understand that if the car does not work right, and you try and try to fix it and you can't to just buy it back.

DHall1
March 13th, 2009, 14:57
I have found most US Audi dealer staff to be arrogant pricks. This includes sales and service advisors.

Now, there have been a few exceptions and I will go back there. The techs are good as are the parts staff. But the sales, service advisor and finance are worthless. IMHO

Funny thought....in reality do we really need sales, service advisors and finance people? You could post the prices on the windshield, call your tech directly and pay cash for all purchases. (I do) Thats a novel thought, these folks all make 6 figures or close to it and add no value to the transaction other then to add a layer of pork.

Now, I have found a recommendation for another Audi dealer in Phoenix and may give them a try for a few things.

You know just when I thought only American car companies treated there customers like this. I thought no way VAG played these games with there customers. I thought they were on the same level as BMW with customer satisfaction, well I guess I was wrong. There is no way Im ever buying anything new from them and have to deal with there dealers if they treat customers this way. I have avoided BMW my whole life, but they seem to be the only one's in the Luxury car business who understand that if the car does not work right, and you try and try to fix it and you can't to just buy it back.

sallyh
March 14th, 2009, 07:34
Hi

What I'd love to hear is that the new RS6 DRC (and I quote from the sales brochure) "significantly reduces pitch and body roll even on challenging terrain... you'll be amazed how exciting a familiar road can feel". And no leaks, bounces, clunks etc. I know it is somehow different to the previous DRC. But please, there must be someone out there who has the new RS6 and can comment on how the DRC is performing/holding up.

I'm no expert, but totally agree with BMW being miles ahead of Audi in terms of customer service, fixing issues. Porsche here in Australia are even better. The R8 doesn't appeal to me, but even if it did there would be no way i'd get one with Audi's lackluster customer service, no driver training programme etc. Here in Australia anyway Audi seems bizarrely obsessed with ocean going yachts rather than fast cars!

SAF
March 14th, 2009, 18:11
Does Audi.de (or any other regional division that sells it) have the new RS6 listed with specs, color options etc.? I have never been able to find the usual "micro site" on an official Audi website.

Aronis
March 15th, 2009, 00:21
The DRC in the RS4 was also "NEW" and they leaked sooner than the system in the RS6 mark 1.

The system in the new RS6 is DRC mark III.

Hopefully the engineering flaws have been worked out completely.

Mike

sallyh
March 15th, 2009, 10:03
Hi

Australia I think just got a "brochure" - it's acutually more a book with lovely photos of the Avant all shot in silvery grey along side yachts and helicoptors, surf, ending up at a Modernist house. Hah, so much for advertising - surely there must be someone out there who has the new RS6 and can comment on the DRC.

mdk
March 15th, 2009, 19:25
sallyh stop worrying. When are you getting your bb?

As we told you before, in the other topic you opened "Old DRC vs New DRC"
there is no problem with the DRC on the C6, at least up to now.
I'm still low on the counter (7,000Km) but friends have more than 20,000Km on theirs and face no flaw.

:rs6kiss:

sallyh
March 16th, 2009, 06:28
Hi mdk

Thanks for the reassuring comments. My avant is due to arrive mid-April.