PDA

View Full Version : First Audi R8 LMS delivered

Erik
March 12th, 2009, 19:27
The first Audi R8 LMS was delivered on Tuesday - chassis 101 being handed over to Emilio Radaelli, Team Manager of Audi Sport Italia. The symbolic handover took place in the Audi Forum Neckarsulm, where usually new road cars are delivered to their new owners.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/published/FBB78531-1143-FDC9-35B4138C2657C2B1/Audi%20R8%20LMS.jpg?custUID=5B202123-1143-FDC9-3553DD28D43C899F&_sessionID=DKEDBRUFTF&_subSessionID=PSWQERLY5E

"In the future our new customer sport program represents Audi Sport’s third business field alongside our factory programs in the DTM and in sport prototypes,” explains Head of Audi Motorsport Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich. "2009 is a test and development year during which we aim to collect as much experience as possible with the R8 LMS. We are delighted to be able to do this with teams with which we are familiar and have established a solid partnership over the years.” The other 11 cars will be delivered to their customers in the following week.

Audi Sport Italia will contest the Italian GT Championship with its new toy, while Oreca is going to challenge the Lamborghini domination in the French GT Championship. Abt Sportsline, Argo Racing, Phoenix Racing and Team Rosberg will all be fielding their R8s in the ADAC GT Masters, giving a huge push to the German championship.

While Team Rosberg is also competing in the FIA GT3 championship, Phoenix Racing is additionally contesting the FIA GT3, the Belgian GT Championship and the BFGoodrich Langstreckenmeisterschaft. For the races on the Nordschleife, including the 24 Hours Nürburgring, Audi Sport has developed an endurance version of its new customer car.

The first race action for an R8 LMS is the Easter weekend, when the ADAC GT Masters and the French GT Championship kick of their season.

:R8kiss:

RXBG
March 12th, 2009, 19:58
and porsche motorsport people won't sleep tonight.

Ruergard
March 12th, 2009, 20:17

I think they havn't been sleeping for a while... :R8:

roadrunner
March 13th, 2009, 11:57

It stays all in the family :hihi:

JavierNuvolari
March 13th, 2009, 12:38
It stays all in the family :hihi:

HA!, so true. I really hope Audi does as well as they have in other motorsports, would really teach Porsche and Ferrari a lesson.

AndyBG
March 13th, 2009, 13:07

:hihi: Actualy, I can't wait for the showdown... :D

cata4
March 13th, 2009, 13:26
4 rings ... 4 ever !!!

:love:

Clubsport
March 13th, 2009, 14:37
HA!, so true. I really hope Audi does as well as they have in other motorsports, would really teach Porsche and Ferrari a lesson.

for teaching a lesson to Porsche, I think there is a lot of work. Porsche doesn't won all his racing titles by chance but by hard working all years long.

Ruergard
March 13th, 2009, 16:39
for teaching a lesson to Porsche, I think there is a lot of work. Porsche doesn't won all his racing titles by chance but by hard working all years long.

Neither did Audi...

Not saying that Audi will beat Porsche just by releasing a car like this. But Audi do have some motorsport experience since before and I'd love to see them aiming for the top again!

Clubsport
March 13th, 2009, 18:31
But Audi do have some motorsport experience since before and I'd love to see them aiming for the top again!

with this explanation, I agree with you. :incar:

Bodhii
April 2nd, 2009, 21:43
The Audi R8 LMS hits the circuit for the first time this weekend at the famed Nürburgring-Nordschleife.

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/motorsports/three-former-audi-factory-drivers-to-debut-the-audi-r8-lms/17240422+w486+cr1+re0+ar1/2009-audi-r8-lms-at-the-nurburgring-nordschleife.jpg

After the Audi R15’s successful race debut in the 12 Hours of Sebring, Audi is hoping for another successful race debut this weekend with the Audi R8 LMS owned by Team Phoenix Racing.

As we’ve known for some time, the Audi R8 LMS is a 500-hp rear-wheel drive version of the street going R8. The GT3-spec monster hits the circuit for the first time this weekend at the famed Nürburgring-Nordschleife. The R8 LMS racing this weekend is owned by an independent team, Team Phoenix Racing, and kicks-off Audi’s customer sport program.

Joining Team Phoenix Racing are three former Audi “factory” drivers who drove various Audi motorsports cars to numerous victories. Frank Biela (Germany), Emanuele Pirro (Italy), and Hans-Joachim Stuck (Austria) will drive the R8 LMS in its first race this Saturday on the Nürburgring.

Biela and Pirro both retired from the Audi factory team last year. They won the 24 Hours of Le Mans five times together. Individually, they each had many successes with the team including winning the German Touring Car Championship. Stuck has been out of the Audi driver seat the longest (1995), but rejoined the Volkswagen Group last year as the Representative for Motorsport.

As with the Sebring Race in Florida, this race is meant to be a test run in racing conditions for further development of the R8 LMS. “Our three legends have a lot of experience and will provide us with important feedback for the continuing development of our new GT3 vehicle for the customer sport program,” said head of Audi Motorsport, Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich. “We want to learn as much as possible. Therefore, the outcome of the race tends to be of lesser importance.”

Bodhii
April 3rd, 2009, 16:05
Great Pics! http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/images/smilies/teamspeed/yahoo.gif

http://www.media.oneighturbo.com/audi/motorsport/audi-r8-gt3/images/14-Audi-R8-LMS.jpg

http://www.media.oneighturbo.com/audi/motorsport/audi-r8-gt3/images/12-Audi-R8-LMS.jpg

http://www.media.oneighturbo.com/audi/motorsport/audi-r8-gt3/images/09-Audi-R8-LMS.jpg

Mockenrue
April 6th, 2009, 10:18
Interesting to note that before the third photo was taken someone clearly forgot to remove the 'quattro' badge from the front grille!

Benman
April 6th, 2009, 17:27
Interesting to note that before the third photo was taken someone clearly forgot to remove the 'quattro' badge from the front grille!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Good spot. :thumb:

Awesome car... even without quattro. ;)