PDA

View Full Version : We finally know how many RS/6 in NA

dab
March 12th, 2009, 10:27
The great debate ends as to how many were imported into North America:

Straight from the DRC Recall Letter

What vehicles are affected?
The following summarizes the affected vehicles for the United States and Canada:

United States - Model year 2003 Audi RS6 vehicles

Canada - Model year 2004 Audi RS6 vehicles

How many vehicles are affected?

* 1,437 vehicles are affected in the United States
* 90 vehicles are affected in Canada

Bigglezworth
March 12th, 2009, 12:31
10-1 that more than 3 are yellow.....:lovl:

hahnmgh63
March 12th, 2009, 13:52
How about Custom White from the factory???

Aronis
March 12th, 2009, 14:47
Funny when I posted two years ago my opinion that ALL RS6s would have this problem I was laughed off the forum. What do us BioMedical Engineers know about fluid dynamics and mechanics of materials? Oh ya, I used to teach those topics to Aerospace Engineering students.

Enough said.

Mike

BS BioMedical Engineering, Boston University 1986, Summa Cum Laude.

allwheelsdriven
March 12th, 2009, 14:54
^^ it was an Inconvenient Truth

Hy Octane
March 12th, 2009, 16:18
I like the way that the letter starts by saying "some RS6 customers have reported shock absorber leaks..."

Some = all 1,437 vehicles....

GEN XER
March 12th, 2009, 16:22
Dont you just hate that because you are not part of the collective, you cant know what you are talking about. There was know way even with your fancy Summa Cum Luade Degree from Boston U, that you knew more than the engineers from Audi and KYB, because its more of them in the collective and you have not been assimilated. LOL. BTW he said Cum Loud. LOL again.

Funny when I posted two years ago my opinion that ALL RS6s would have this problem I was laughed off the forum. What do us BioMedical Engineers know about fluid dynamics and mechanics of materials? Oh ya, I used to teach those topics to Aerospace Engineering students.

Enough said.

Mike

GEN XER
March 12th, 2009, 16:25
I like the way that the letter starts by saying "some RS6 customers have reported shock absorber leaks..."

Some = all 1,437 vehicles....

Like they had millions of sales of this vehicle in the US right.

terrytcl
March 12th, 2009, 18:20

Enough said.

Mike

BS Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University
Minor Electrical Engineering

:)

topcat_92
March 12th, 2009, 21:09

Custom White? I figured you had it done after the fact. 1 of 1 I presume.

MikeL01
March 12th, 2009, 21:41
For an even better debate, check out the exchange between Aronis and RS6-4dr911 on the acceleration with less than 100% throttle topic of December 4-5, 2007. Enough to make a Civil Engineer cringe....cool

Benman
March 13th, 2009, 18:59
Dont you just hate that because you are not part of the collective, you cant know what you are talking about.

Actually, I don't believe you were around these parts when Aronis was bitching about the DRC. So yes, he got flack back then, but history has redeemed him (and HyOctane). I also did not believe him, but still did my best to help him out by sending a video of my own car's suspension to him so he could show it to the dealer.

Why pick a fight on a forum, it makes no sense (this is not AudiWorld afterall :D). :cheers:

Ben:addict:

hahnmgh63
March 13th, 2009, 20:06
Yea, and the not funny thing is, a factory custom color has the color code on the options sticker blank, so I don't know if it is a color Audi ever used. I think there were a few other custom color RS6's in North America too.

SAF
March 13th, 2009, 22:26

Do you have any other pics of it posted anywhere? Looks nice in a 1"x2" avatar, would love to see a bigger shot!

snoopra
March 13th, 2009, 23:33
Yea, and the not funny thing is, a factory custom color has the color code on the options sticker blank, so I don't know if it is a color Audi ever used. I think there were a few other custom color RS6's in North America too.
I too think you're one of one. Big pics please! I love white (and blue, of couse:jlol:)

hahnmgh63
March 14th, 2009, 00:54
I'll post back soon.

DuckWingDuck
March 14th, 2009, 01:16
if you need help hosting the pics, let me know

SAF
March 14th, 2009, 03:12
if you need help hosting the pics, let me know

We can do direct upload now!