PDA

View Full Version : RS6.com Forum updated

Erik
March 9th, 2009, 19:17
NEWS!

Hello everyone! :bye:

As you may have noticed I renewed the forum licence a few weeks ago, and while doing so also got the latest version of the software.

Apart from that you now will view the pictures a bit differently once they are attached in a post, there are some other news and possibilites to discover if you click around on your and other profiles.

You should also be able to start your own personal albums and picture galleries (I hope it works :vhmmm: ). Try it and make us of it! Share your pictures and experience!

Other plans involve a new logotype. If you have any ideas or know someone who is good at this please let me know, but any Audi trademarks are :nono: .

History:
This website started back in 2002 and is more international than I could ever have wished for. There are members from Japan, Hong Kong, all over Asia, Russia, Africa, Europe, North and South America.
I'm not sure about Iceland and Antarctica. :hihi:
I hope the information here has helped people to purchase, modify and perhaps even sell their cars.

FUTURE:

I intend to keep RS6.com commercial free in the future, and I hope you agree.
There are some costs involved in running this website (mainly bandthwidth, server and vBulletin software licence), and if you like to share them with me you are certainly welcome. The best way is to use PayPal (http://www.paypal.com/), my account is erikb (at) ruf.se Everything will go towards running and developing this site.

Thanks a lot to everyone who reads, writes and support the forum! :asian:

cornishmoocher
March 9th, 2009, 19:50
Erik,

Well done and congratulations on such a great site. My annual donation is on its way :thumb:

Mooch.

vangelis
March 9th, 2009, 20:19
It is an amazing website, Thanks Erik for all your efforts to make this up. Wish you all the best and congratulations, my donation has been sent :0: :asian:

cornishmoocher
March 9th, 2009, 20:36
Here is my logo suggestion.......

vangelis
March 9th, 2009, 20:47

YEAAH ,, very niceeee logo Mooch ,,, good work

artur777
March 9th, 2009, 21:35
Erik, thanks
the forum is really useful and a good way to spend time:-)

kju
March 9th, 2009, 22:59
i love the forum and use it most time on my iphone 3g, but since this "update" i cant watch photos anymore. There is only a black screen where the picture should appear but if i touch the display everThing closes. I hope you can set the picture preview like before where everThing was working :)
Thank you for the best forum on the net!

SAF
March 9th, 2009, 23:16
Thanks for updating the clubhouse!

AndyBG
March 10th, 2009, 00:54
Thanks and congrat''s Erik! You made a fantastic and very unique forum! :cheers:

mdk
March 10th, 2009, 07:40
Erik nice to know about your plans! Congratulations :addict:

Would it be possible to get an auto-reminder on our annual subscription (for the users who support the forum)?

The RS6
March 10th, 2009, 08:24

You can't use any Audi's official logos...so that RS6 emblem is forbidden :(

BTW thanks Eric, a wonderfull site this is :)

Erik
March 10th, 2009, 08:33
Thanks a lot to cornishmoocher and mdk for contributing!

Sorry I can't reply to why pictures don't work on the iPhone.
Annual reminder, I will check but I don't think it will work other than me writing a thread like this updating you on the latest. :D

Fab
March 10th, 2009, 08:48
We are all here for a while for shure

Great job Eric :thumb:

roadrunner
March 10th, 2009, 10:14
the best audi forum since the beginning.

open minded people
rarely car / people bashing
inside information

it's just my Audi home on the web :cheers:

Erik
March 10th, 2009, 10:19
Thanks a lot for your contribution roadrunner!

Welcome back Fab :)

Erik
March 10th, 2009, 10:31
Thanks a lot to Vangelis as well! (sorry missed you)

cornishmoocher
March 10th, 2009, 11:46
You can't use any Audi's official logos...so that RS6 emblem is forbidden :(

BTW thanks Eric, a wonderfull site this is :)

Should be ok. Only the rings will cause problems. Look at RS246.com or Audisrs.com. They all use the Audi red slash emblem- they just put a disclaimer on the website.

If that was the case, then just using the phrase RS6 would be forbidden by copyright law.........

Not that I am trying to big up my logo....;)

SAF
March 10th, 2009, 15:04
I tend to agree with cornishmoocher. Email sent Erik!

roadrunner
March 10th, 2009, 17:01
Here is a link to an R8 club, that managed to officially be allowed to create & use a logo with Audi copyright elements in it

http://www.r8-quattro.de/include.php?path=forum/showthread.php&threadid=359&PHPKITSID=ad898615e41af2019f2cc817f6f67980

So there would be potential for a rs6.com logo in high class Audi style - BUT i'm a lousy "drawer" :hihi:

snoopra
March 10th, 2009, 17:16
Thanks for the reminder Erik, donation sent.:rs6kiss:

Erik
March 10th, 2009, 17:33
Thanks snoopra.

satine
March 11th, 2009, 00:04
Nice website you got, just new here, very much like to read all the posts from you all. learning new stuff about Audi.. Will be more around since now..

nice work Erik,

Regards,

Satine

cata4
March 11th, 2009, 06:42
Thanks Erik!
For creating a perfect forum ! :D

Erik
March 15th, 2009, 07:02
Thanks 10SecS4 for your donation!