PDA

View Full Version : RS6 C5 Tubular Manifolds

Doug_RS6
March 11th, 2009, 11:30
Just got some full inconel manifolds for Stage 2 turbos for my RS6.

RS6C5
March 11th, 2009, 11:34
Price? Very interested

Erik
March 11th, 2009, 12:20
Inconel :wo:

Price: usually :trash:

Mr Balsen
March 11th, 2009, 13:14
Interesting picture.

What is the gain versus stock manifold ?

Frederic

hahnmgh63
March 11th, 2009, 13:36
One advantage of the factory manifold, although a little restrictive, is that it is double walled so it keeps the heat in the exhaust gassses to the Turbos. From the looks of it the downpipe w/Cat is the most restrictive piece to start with. When I do my timing belts later this year or early next I think I will just pull then engine to make it easier and change the downpipes then as well as all the vacuum lines on the back of the engine.

Doug_RS6
March 11th, 2009, 14:04
It is hard to say you will gain xx bhp with these because nobody will just pull the engine to change just the manifolds. You will have lower backpressure from these so you you will get gains from just that. These can be ceramic coated to keep heat in - i have this on my S4 and you can place your hand on the manifold 5 minutes after stopping the car - you cannot do that on the double walled manifolds. 3" downpipes will of course help as well.

hahnmgh63
March 11th, 2009, 16:39
I had a brain fart and should have mentioned the ceramic coating Doug. I am a believer in ceramic coatings. www.performancecoatings.com (http://www.performancecoatings.com) I have had the manifolds on my old S6 as well as 944 Turbo track car and the cooler underhood temps are very noticeable.