PDA

View Full Version : 18x8.5 wheels - Which clear?

GoFastKindaGuy
August 8th, 2003, 21:54
I've been having a difficult time finding an aftermarket 18 inch upgrade which someone knows will fit the RS6. Tire Rack was no help: "Car is too new." I like the SSR GT3, but don't know if it clears. Help! Anybody?

:roll: ------------:roll:

Speedracer
August 9th, 2003, 00:47
What do you mean by "18 inch upgrade." Your stock wheels are 18". Don't you like them?

GoFastKindaGuy
August 9th, 2003, 02:58
I want to use the stock wheels for winter tires and stock tires on cooler 18 inch wheels. That simple.

I don't want to go larger because of the pot holes and expansion joints associated with Wisconsin roads.

:addict:

RS6FEVR
August 9th, 2003, 05:27
:cheers: GoFast
I did exactly what you want to do with the wheels. I'm going to use the 9 spokes for winter tires and got oettinger 18x8.5 RZ's for summer. I contacted oettinger with the info on the 6 and told them what I wanted to do. They responded positively with their spec's and the ability of the wheel to fit. I contacted a number of vendors of RZ's and found wheel boutique in FL with very good service and prices for the package I wanted (got the RZ's with conti's for summer) balanced and ready to go. I think the best way to go is to take your choice of wheel and start shopping and ask the question. Try CEC or Wheel Boutique as they carry many different types of wheels as well as offering tire and wheel combo's. No affiliation with either company, just passing along my past experience.
We are getting closer aren't we? I heard mine's on a Lory somewhere between Houston and Chicago. :confused: :confused: :confused:
:addict: FEVR :addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
August 11th, 2003, 17:09
Thanks! That is one of the other wheels I'm considering.

BTW, mine arrived at my dealer in Iowa City, yesterday. I pick it up Friday. Yours must be very close, too. I'll bet we were ship mates.

:addict:

RS6FEVR
August 11th, 2003, 17:38
:cheers: GoFast and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm waiting for word from my dealer as we speak/write. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: My principal salesperson said he thought they had a shipment coming in this afternoon and that my car probably was on it, but, we'll see.

I'm starting to numb as the expectations far exceeded the realities! :p :p so today is relatively calm.

But most importantly, you have to be pretty pumped about your beast. Customary pics and reviews to follow, correct? :p :p

Let us know how it goes. Nice drive back from IA city would be a nice break-in for that fine piece of machinery.

:addict: FEVR :addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
August 11th, 2003, 18:38
Drive back will, indeed, be nice. Especially with my wife in the S6.

Trouble is she has a heavy foot, the S6 has about 7,000 miles on it (aka broken in) and she is going to test my discipline!

:incar: :incar: :race: