PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Rs6 on E-bay

SAFE4NOW
March 10th, 2009, 00:01
Do you know anything about this car for sale on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110358471694&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&viewitem=

Dealer seems to have some nice inventory, including an R8:

http://encore-exotics.ebizautos.com/

It has made a few rounds on e-bay without a winning bidder...

Thoughts?

Steve

V8weight
March 10th, 2009, 00:21
IDK, but what's going on with that rear bumper to decklid color match?

SAFE4NOW
March 10th, 2009, 01:21
IDK, but what's going on with that rear bumper to decklid color match?

I noticed that too, but it seems to be across the board, various color Rs6's.. the bumpers do not match the body. Even on known un wreaked cars.

I know the bumpers are painted at a different time and place than the body is painted when its going together.

S

V8weight
March 10th, 2009, 01:33
Yeah, its common for the plastic bumpers not to match the metal panels, in fact mine don't. But I'm wondering if the decklid has been spotted in, as it doesn't seem to match the quarter panels. Probably just the lighting though. I would love to have that car.

tags63
March 10th, 2009, 03:37
Hey!!

This car was originally a 2 owner car. Most of it's life in Frisco, TX and sold at TX auction to 2nd owner in Staten Island for about 1+ years. The original selling dealer was University Park Audi right outside Dallas. In service date was about 8/14/03. 2nd owner traded it into Riverside Audi. They tried selling it for quite a while then took to Manheim to be auctioned off. I never ran the VIN at an audi dealer since I decided to look for a lower mileage car. I would recommend you do that to see about the service records.

:addict:

SAFE4NOW
March 10th, 2009, 12:20
Hey!!

This car was originally a 2 owner car. Most of it's life in Frisco, TX and sold at TX auction to 2nd owner in Staten Island for about 1+ years. The original selling dealer was University Park Audi right outside Dallas. In service date was about 8/14/03. 2nd owner traded it into Riverside Audi. They tried selling it for quite a while then took to Manheim to be auctioned off. I never ran the VIN at an audi dealer since I decided to look for a lower mileage car. I would recommend you do that to see about the service records.

Thank you for confirming and adding to the research of this car!

The e-bay auction has/had a car fax attached link with alot of the same information. I had thought that car came from Boardwalk Audi in Plano, though I have not confirmed. :vhmmm:

Seller has doc's showing all services done on time, early, including the belt service at 45k. Only think PPI came up with was small rock chip on upper left of front windshield, small scuff on rear bumper.... but nothing alarming.:0:

I am going to dig in and see if I can track selling price since it did go through Manheim.:idea:

More to follow....

Steve
:thumb:

Yellow RS6
March 10th, 2009, 13:12
Hey!!

Hey guys, I wonder if this is that one on ebay a few months ago with that gross carbon fiber rear wing? It was a private seller in Staten Island, IIRC. That would explain the color mis-match between the decklid/bumper, which looks to be worse than usual.

SAF
March 10th, 2009, 14:01
Hey guys, I wonder if this is that one on ebay a few months ago with that gross carbon fiber rear wing? It was a private seller in Staten Island, IIRC. That would explain the color mis-match between the decklid/bumper, which looks to be worse than usual.

Is there a pic of that still floating around?
If that's the case, it's too bad they didn't think to paint the bumper while they were at it. The two materials always take paint a little differently, but I agree this looks quite a bit different.

tags63
March 10th, 2009, 14:16
Hey, you're probably right since there are only 3 floating around. Hey Steve, I see you are in TX. The original dealer was definitely University Park Audi. The original owners name was Steven C. Welwood Jr. he lived in Frisco, Tx 75034. I had his address but I threw it out. The car definitely sold at Manheim in PA.
If you were looking for a yellow one, the one that recently sold from PA and use to be a FL car 1st, you might have seen it. It had those little stickers on the rear doors. It was recently bought not too long ago and they are already selling it. It was in & out of the dealer for alot of issues. Thats why I didn't jump on that one even though it's a nice looking car. There's 2 in CO which both scored 90-92 on Autocheck but the 92 has 41k miles and they are asking about 30k. I was going to check it out but I have my mileage limits which is 1200 miles oneway but not too far for you. Though the color might not be what you want.

SAFE4NOW
March 10th, 2009, 15:18
Hey, you're probably right since there are only 3 floating around. Hey Steve, I see you are in TX. The original dealer was definitely University Park Audi. The original owners name was Steven C. Welwood Jr. he lived in Frisco, Tx 75034. I had his address but I threw it out. The car definitely sold at Manheim in PA.
If you were looking for a yellow one, the one that recently sold from PA and use to be a FL car 1st, you might have seen it. It had those little stickers on the rear doors. It was recently bought not too long ago and they are already selling it. It was in & out of the dealer for alot of issues. Thats why I didn't jump on that one even though it's a nice looking car. There's 2 in CO which both scored 90-92 on Autocheck but the 92 has 41k miles and they are asking about 30k. I was going to check it out but I have my mileage limits which is 1200 miles oneway but not too far for you. Though the color might not be what you want.

Thank you for the insite < again >

I am looking for something " different " , I was eyeballing the low mileage example here, but missed it by a day ( I showed up with money but seller had already taken deposit from current owner ) :doh:

So, next stop, Yellow... :hahahehe: I am planning a trip out to inspect it in person this weekend. Carfax, Dealership PPI, alittle known history, seems like it's worth a trip.

I will take my paint meter with me and check the rear deck being talked about above.

So, are there 3 in the US or more?

Steve

tags63
March 10th, 2009, 15:36
Hey Steve:

Yea only 3. I really wanted to get a yellow one to be different but after I pulled the service records and the CPO the guy was saying came with his car but didn't when I verified. I just said I'll keep looking. I also have a huge yellow F350 so I thought it would look cool sitting next to it. When Riverside had that car you're going to look at. They were asking ridiculas money for it. High 40's they were dreaming just like the one they are selling now, high 30's with fairly high miles. They wound up sending it to the auction anyway. You would think that they would learn from the 1st time around, price them aggressively and someone will buy it. Oh well.......I actually have a list going again and found some reasonable ones all scoring 91 and above selling between 28-33k with less than 50k miles. I have to run the VIN's through Audi to get the service records. Then I'll probably knock a few off the list for the ones that weren't serviced properly or had a big service history and not from scehdule maintenance neither.
Good Luck, hope it works out fine for ya!!! It'll be a nice ride back if you move on it. That's always the best!!! Driving back home with a new ride.

Yellow RS6
March 10th, 2009, 17:11
Hey Steve:

Yea only 3. I really wanted to get a yellow one to be different but after I pulled the service records and the CPO the guy was saying came with his car but didn't when I verified.

Are you referring to the one from PA, or a different one? Because I bought the one in PA on 11/1 and it is CPO'ed for two years from that date. I had listed it for sale here pretty quickly after buying it, around the end of December, because I was reading all the DRC horror stories and that CPO doesn't cover the shocks, just the CVs. So I put it up on a couple Audi sites, because I couldn't risk a $5K repair down the road, but wasn't real aggressive about it (no ebay, autotrader, etc.), because I love the car. But now that I got my DRC letter from AoA, plus my CPO, I'm less worried about the car and not trying too hard to sell it right away. Of course, if someone is interested and the price is right, I still would sell.

Are you sure the one in SC is from Riverside? Looking at the carfax, I don't see anything about Riverside mentioned, plus, a guy on AW just bought a yellow one from Riverside about a month ago - http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/45157.phtml :vhmmm:

SAFE4NOW
March 10th, 2009, 17:28
So we have all 3 accounted for below?:

1. Yellow RS6
2. Dealer in SC 4 sale
3. Imola_Monster

Steve

Yellow RS6
March 10th, 2009, 17:41
All present and accounted for sir! Sorry, USMC flashback -lol.

But that's cool that all 3 are accounted for now. There was some uncertainty for a while, with the actual number even up for debate. I remember when Riverside had theirs on ebay a few months back (like tags said, for upper-$40Ks!), they were claiming it was the only yellow one - at the same time mine from PA was listed! I guess enough people "informed" them and they changed that claim.

tags63
March 10th, 2009, 18:04
Well, unfortunately when cars go through the dealer for one reason or another and then they decide to just drive them with dealer plates or send them to auction. The info doesn't necessarily get recorded. I have the VIN's on cars I was considering at one point or another including yours. This is how I keep track of them when they come back up for sale. Your car was a nice lookin car when I drove it in Oct. I just decided to try & find one with lower miles. A couple of nice low mileage ones definitely slipped by though because I stopped looking for a while because of a family emergency.

SAFE4NOW
March 17th, 2009, 17:49
ok, NOW I can talk about it.

I made the deal, flew out Sunday morning ( To Charleston SC ) met with the selling dealer ( Mario w. Encore Exotics ) Monday morning early, and made it back home ( Dallas Tx ) last night by 11:30p!

That being said, when I started this post, he said he got 14 calls THAT day about it... LOL.

I am very happy with the deal, Mario's customer service, and the entire drive home. ( Oh, did I mention it was raining 80% of the time! )

Now, who has the Yellow Rs6 with the Carbon wing and hood pins?

Now, where to start....

Steve

SAFE4NOW
March 25th, 2009, 00:24
Crappy cel phone pix:

SAFE4NOW
March 25th, 2009, 00:33
1 more pix

V8weight
March 25th, 2009, 00:55
That's photo shopped right?

DuckWingDuck
March 25th, 2009, 01:39
Congrats on the purchase! BTW, I notice that you have an elise, many months ago, I was toying with the idea of buying an elise to complement my RS6. What do you think?

SAFE4NOW
March 25th, 2009, 01:48
That's photo shopped right?

LOL, actually its real. Alot of people were making comments about the new " taxi " I purchased, etc...

I am going to the Texas Mile this week and thought why not, it will help the car stand out a little....

So, I contacted Yellow Cab Co and asked if I could buy a "cab kit" and here we are...

The stickers will all come off Monday, but I thought it would be funny.

Steve

SAFE4NOW
March 25th, 2009, 01:52
Congrats on the purchase! BTW, I notice that you have an elise, many months ago, I was toying with the idea of buying an elise to complement my RS6. What do you think?

Thank you, it was what I was looking for at the price I wanted to pay.. so I am happy with the end results.

This is my second Elise. I had one a little over a year ago, for a year, and sold it for another car. I always wished I had not sold the first one, missed it alot, so when this one came around I jumped on it. I got it for the right reasons, in other words I set my expectations for the car and it exceeded them 10x over!

It really rounds out the garage if you know what I mean?

Steve

mmaturo
March 25th, 2009, 04:18
1 more pix

Awesome. Love the taxi stickers. Great looking rare car, congrats. The 19 in OEM 5 spoke wheels look great on your car if you can find some (like in my sig). Saw a pic of one with them and they look great on it.

tags63
March 25th, 2009, 04:27
Hey!!!

Now that's funny!!! I remember when I got alot of $hit when I bought my Big yellow F-350 superduty diesel crew cab longbed. You name the comment and I got it...........

DHall1
March 25th, 2009, 06:11
Damn, its not too late to paint my trailer yellow and head out to Texass. The stripes are not all painted on yet....I can get some old yeller on her.

:eye:

Tear em up Steve...make us happy.