PDA

View Full Version : Took delivery and wow...

Rally
August 8th, 2003, 06:50
what a car. Daytona Gray with carbon, exhaust and rear bags.
Problem is, I have to catch a plane for New York tommorow morning and leave the beast in the garage for a week :(

It only had 16 miles on the odometer so they must not be testing all the cars on the 35 mile loop.

Pictures and impressions when I have the chance this week or when I return home to WA.

avdh
August 8th, 2003, 07:41
Congrats Rally!

Why don't you drive your RS6 to your business destination, rather than take a plane!
That would sort out the wait and the running-in time :)

iconcls
August 8th, 2003, 11:44
Congratularion! Bummer about the trip timing. Towards the end there, I was actually moving vacations around so they would not conflict with delivery.

I think you and I were one of the few who put our deposits down the day they were announced and actually took delivery ;-)

You posted on AW that you're going to keep it for a "few months" until the A8L is debugged a bit, are you really going to leave the RS so soon?

TheBrit
August 8th, 2003, 11:58
Congrats on getting your RS 6 delivered!

Iconcls - I don't think he'll be so keen to trade once he's back from NY and has driven a few more miles... :hihi:

Rally
August 8th, 2003, 15:00
Thanks all.

Although the A8L might have satisfied the techno geek in me it didn't put a smile on my face like the RS6.

I'm rethinking my decision now.

Andre, 6K miles on the odometer would be too much to bear in one week.

Later,
Greg:roll:

Benman
August 8th, 2003, 15:18
Rally:cheers: ,

congrats on your RS 6. bummer about the trip but at least it will be there waiting for you when you get home:D now that you have your baby it's nice to hear your rethinking getting rid of it after only a few short months. i think the Brit said it best: I don't think he'll be so keen to trade once he's back and has driven a few more miles" :cheers:

Ben:addict: (almost there, stay focused)

nene
August 8th, 2003, 15:30
Those are great news Rally. Glad your car is safely in your hands. My RS6 also came with only about 18 miles on the odometer, so I think they take the car around the loop alot less now. This is the first car that I took delivery that had more then 5-8 miles on it, but I don't care since they have to do various road checks before delivering it.

What's with the Rear Bags? Was this an option in the US bound cars? Which option is it? I'll have to check my car to see if that 's in it.

RS6FEVR
August 8th, 2003, 16:23
:cheers: Rally
Congratulations on the beast. Your upcoming trip will have so much more focus knowing what's in your garage upon your return! :D :D :D

I took a quick spin at the dealership in the 8 (the dealer was appeasing my anxiety at having to wait so long for my 6) and while it was "geeky", the real thrill of driving just wasn't there. Too much like my S500. You'll be making the right choice.

Hey nene, yep, the rear bags were an option on U.S. bound cars.

:addict: FEVR :addict:

CTRS6
August 9th, 2003, 02:52
For safety reasons, you should not get the rear airbags if you have children that will sit in the rear seats

Benman
August 9th, 2003, 03:32
Originally posted by CTRS6
For safety reasons, you should not get the rear airbags if you have children that will sit in the rear seats

but one child seat in the middle should be fine:cheers:

Ben:addict:

CTRS6
August 9th, 2003, 22:40
True about the car seat - but the problem will arise when the little one get a bit too old for the car seat...

BTW - I just received notice that my beast has left the other side of the pond and is heading this way :bow: Blue with light interior - no sound enhancement ( I think I'm getting old ):(
Looking forward to taking it up to Limerock in CT ( a local race track) in October to see a NASCAR type race :addict:

Ernesto (ERT)
August 10th, 2003, 00:06
And if there is a way to get a audio/video file of that exhaust even better. Congrats Senor.

Bauer
August 10th, 2003, 18:37
Ernesto,

Goto the media section off this site and there a video titled tribute to RS6 that is very good and has the exhaust sound in the beginning. I hope this helps.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

Ernesto (ERT)
August 10th, 2003, 23:42
Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers-
=ERT=

O.CT USA
August 11th, 2003, 02:56
not what you think. I supervised many of my new Audi deliveries right off the truck; afew with NEGATIVE miles on the clock. The field rep told me that PDI, road tests. etc.. could be performed and still deliver the car to the customer with zero miles. The car that sticks out in my mind is my 1998 A8.