PDA

View Full Version : RS4 vs electric...

MR USER
March 6th, 2009, 11:54
I'm thinking of selling my B7 RS4 sedan (many many joyful moments in 100k km...) and trade it for 2 cars...

With a baby coming in month I replaced my wife's diesel A4 with an A6 4.2... as per my RS4 I was seriously considering the Tesla... and a Q5/S3.

My daily commuter is a BMW k1200 GT... 2 wheels are a must when having to deal with loads of traffic every day...

Having sorted the "big" car for the baby I thought that I would be happy when trading loads of fun (RS4) for something more useful (A3/Q5) and a week-end car that is just fun to drive (Tesla).

I am trying to convince myself that this is way to go... but I was not able yet to look at my black baby and tell her... I'm going to sell you!!!

What are the pros and cons in your view? Would any of you be able to justify the trade?

QuattroFun
March 8th, 2009, 16:03
Do you need a 2nd car bsides you wife's A6 with space as well? If not really, then why not just a TT RS with std seats and isofix - or if you need the space - a Q5 + TT RS?

roadrunner
March 8th, 2009, 16:53
Ciao MR USER,

how about this 2 car combo:

daily driver: A1 - comming this fall
weekend rocket: TTRS

or even better:
daily driver: A1
weekend warp machine: R8 (slightly preowned maybe)

you knew, that there wouldn't be any non Audi suggestions from me :thumb:

Cannot comment on the Tesla, due to lack of experience.
You could get yourself an Golf VI GTI / Scirocco as a daily driver as well (a friend of mine is thinking about replacing an S5 with a Scirocco & R8)

Did you get the A6 as a Sedan or Avant? Nice babymover anyway :0:

And all the best for the remaining month :cheers: