PDA

View Full Version : Why no sport seats in the US?

wedouglas
March 6th, 2009, 03:02
I look at the Gallardo SL pics and the Scuderia pics, and I don't see what the difference is between those sport seats and the R8 ones.

Bodhii
March 6th, 2009, 03:17
As I understand its because the side air bags must be disabled to use the sport seats.

KresoF1
March 6th, 2009, 07:28
I look at the Gallardo SL pics and the Scuderia pics, and I don't see what the difference is between those sport seats and the R8 ones.

Gallardo SL and Scud are limited number cars and US Gov gave premission to Lambo and Ferrari to sell them with Bucket seats that do NOT have side bags and head bags till August 2009.
Why do you think is Ferrari working very hard on new F450? They wont be able to sell any 430 after autumn 2009.

Back to R8 Bucket seats-they do NOT have side bags and head bags. Therefor not good for USA regulations AoA did not ask for speical premission since it can be done only if ALL R8 imported to USA are WITH Bucket seats.
Yes, Bucket look nice and are more supportive. Just, they do not offer latest safety standard as standard sport seats do. I personally decided that I will skip Buckets for my R8 V10 order.

Bucket in R8 are the same as in old RS4 and are in fact OLD. New Bucket seats in Porsche's for example(997.2 GT3) have all airbags and are approved for USA market.