for spark plugs

22 ft lb

sound right?

bfly
March 4th, 2009, 04:34
22 ft lbs is correct.

Yellow RS6
March 4th, 2009, 13:45
How difficult are they to change? Are they in a easily accessible location, or buried somewhere like everything else on this engine -lol?

snoopra
March 4th, 2009, 14:25
How difficult are they to change? Are they in a easily accessible location, or buried somewhere like everything else on this engine -lol?
Yeah, gotta pull the air box and a couple pipes on the passenger side.

terrytcl
March 4th, 2009, 15:57
i have pretty much the entire top of the engine apart. :)

like snoopra was saying, you have to move some of the pcv and emission pipes out of the way in order to get to the front 2 coils. i also disconnected the pressure valves for the pcv system. it makes it much easier.

you may want to invest and puchase 2 new gaskets for the maf sensors. they could get beat up or corroded into the aluminum intake tubes for the turbos. 077 133 428A is the part number for the gasket.

it takes a lot of force to get the original plugs out. build up and the fact that audi didn't install the plugs with any kind of anti-seize makes them pretty hard to get them out.

DHall1
March 4th, 2009, 16:02
Could you take pictures and write up a little DIY for this procedure.

We need more of that around here. Similar to my brake job writeups.

Thanks,
Dave

i have pretty much the entire top of the engine apart. :)

like snoopra was saying, you have to move some of the pcv and emission pipes out of the way in order to get to the front 2 coils. i also disconnected the pressure valves for the pcv system. it makes it much easier.

you may want to invest and puchase 2 new gaskets for the maf sensors. they could get beat up or corroded into the aluminum intake tubes for the turbos. 077 133 428A is the part number for the gasket.

it takes a lot of force to get the original plugs out. build up and the fact that audi didn't install the plugs with any kind of anti-seize makes them pretty hard to get them out.