PDA

View Full Version : Audi would be perfect when.....

tvrfan
March 3rd, 2009, 10:42
....they had a second more hardcore car line upper to the RS. i want to see a RS5 clubsport or a R8 clubsport. TT RS clubsport. audi need "clubsport" versions of the RS models to compete with BMW CSL or AMG black series. that would be so awesome. lighter faster models than the regular RS. audi really need to do this. like i said. BMW has it, AMG has it. now audi cmon.

BTW. the name "PLUS" like RS6 plus is crap in my eyes. clubsport would fit perfectly. i hope audi will do this.

Erik
March 3rd, 2009, 10:49
Unfortunately the market for these cars is very limited, but I like the idea.

RXBG
March 3rd, 2009, 14:00
i think it is a great idea. or maybe just offer a 'clubsport' package on all the RS cars- delete rear seats, lighter exhaust, ecu tuning, etc...

tvrfan
March 3rd, 2009, 14:08
i really hope that audi read this and just do it. i know the develpment costs are high and on the financial crisis now it doesnt make sense. but maybe in future audi will do it. i hope so!

Leadfoot
March 3rd, 2009, 18:31
When BMW have decided to put a hold on the CSL M3 (the best selling car in it's class) I doubt the need or likelihood of Audi developing a more extreme version of their RS brand.

Though a small selection of models (i.e TT and R8) may offer a possibility for such an offering, both models are for the more single-mided customer, and the chances of both these cars spending more time on tracks are higher than any of the rest of Audi's RS models.

Ruergard
March 3rd, 2009, 19:31
I think only the R8 and TT are models suited for a "clubsport" package as Leadie wrote. It's the only ones that are suited for trackuse... And maybe the upcomming RS5.

But I do like the idea of an lightweight model of the TT RS, now that would be something. :ttaddict: