PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Resist

Ben74
March 2nd, 2009, 23:14
Well... I ended up purchasing an RS6 this past weekend. It wasn't the one I was looking at locally. There was an almost identical RS6 available a couple hours away in MN. The MN one just seemed to test drive better. It seemed like the car overall was tighter, even though it had 3k more miles. It also was sold as a CPO one year and 10k miles ago, which made me feel a lot better about the condition of the car. I was able to get a solid warranty for a good price from the dealership, so that should cover me for the next four years. Thanks to everyone here who answered my questions the past few days! I'm extremely happy with the car.

Ben

p.s. If anyone is interested in the original RS6 I was looking at and didn't purchase, you can find it here: http://www.autosportwi.com/closeup.php?id=58

DuckWingDuck
March 2nd, 2009, 23:37
awesome! Cheers, you'll love the hell out of it.

V8weight
March 3rd, 2009, 01:19
Did you buy the one at Motorerks BMW? If so that was a real clean car, and already had the RNS-E installed.

DHall1
March 3rd, 2009, 03:31
I think that was a prev member on this or AW site. He had a nice set of BBS wheels on it and yes it looked very clean.

Did you buy the one at Motorerks BMW? If so that was a real clean car, and already had the RNS-E installed.

Ben74
March 3rd, 2009, 14:41
Yes, the one from BMW Motorwerks is the one I purchased. I did find some posts from the previous owner on audiworld and he was kind enough to talk to me about the car before I went to look at it. So far, I couldn't be more pleased with it.

Ben

Yellow RS6
March 3rd, 2009, 14:45
Congrats! But we need pics and more info - color, miles, etc.

And what is RNS-E? I keep seeing that acronym here and on AW.

LIRS6
March 3rd, 2009, 15:33
Congrats! But we need pics and more info - color, miles, etc.

And what is RNS-E? I keep seeing that acronym here and on AW.

That is the up-dated Audi navigation head unit

DuckWingDuck
March 3rd, 2009, 15:40
and here's a pic:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/attachments/lcd-display/33117d1155540617-lilliput-rns-e-audi-a6-1999-rns-e-17.jpg

Yellow RS6
March 3rd, 2009, 15:41
So it's a proper LCD-screen nav unit instead of the cryptic, hard-to-use OEM? Does anyone have pics? And price?

Edit - damn, you guys are quick! lol.

DuckWingDuck
March 3rd, 2009, 23:43
the system we haven't isn't really cryptic or hard to use once you get used to it. It's just a turn by turn system.

What kind of pics do you need? And prices run all over the place, but seem to generally be around $1200 for parts. many have done the installation themselves.

Yellow RS6
March 4th, 2009, 13:26
That pic is fine, thanks. We just posted at the same time. For $1200, I'll stick with the OEM system and just use it more often so I get used to it. If I was going to put $1200+ into this car for something outside of routine maintenance, I would rather it go to a REVO ECU/MTM TCU upgrade :incar:

Thanks for the pic and info though!