PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maryland

dahbo
March 2nd, 2009, 18:03
Hi

I would like to introduce myself. I go by John and i live in Maryland, DC metro area, I have a 2003 RS6 Blue on Black. I am happy to be here with fellow enthusiasts.

Thank you for having me.

Fonzie Audi
March 2nd, 2009, 18:12
welcome buddy.. glad to have you

Turboluvr
March 2nd, 2009, 23:11
Welcome to the forum. Tell us about your RS6 and post some pictures.

DuckWingDuck
March 2nd, 2009, 23:36
welcome! And +1 on the details & pics!!

dahbo
March 3rd, 2009, 02:03
Hi everyone, I will post pics as soon as the weather clears up. my car is covered in road salt as we got 7 inches today here in MD.

My RS6 is completely stock with the exception of bilstein coil overs, and new tires. it is Blue with black leather & white piping. it has 69,000 miles on it and is almost perfect. I purchased the car from my brother who is a car exporter. i have had it for a month now and am absolutely blown away. the last time i felt acceleration like this was on my 1098 Ducati.

I had a scare last week in the car, it would not go past 2000 rpm and would feel like a traditional misfire. i took the car to Goss' garage in Maryland where they diagnosed the fuel filter and mass air flow sensor seals as the culprits. the car runs extremely well now. I will leave it stock with the exception of a Pioneer double DIN Navigation head unit as the factory navigation is worthless.

Hanna

Boosted-Bora
March 3rd, 2009, 03:26
Hey and welcome to the board I am also in MD, Silver Spring to be exact would love to see the beast when the weather clears up mine is in the garage Bu t I am sure you have seen me driving around as I believe I have seen you

dahbo
March 3rd, 2009, 07:06
Hey and welcome to the board I am also in MD, Silver Spring to be exact would love to see the beast when the weather clears up mine is in the garage Bu t I am sure you have seen me driving around as I believe I have seen you

That would be great, I'm in Bethesda. we could compare notes....

snoopra
March 3rd, 2009, 14:38
Welcome! Have you consided the factory RNS-E install upgrade?

dahbo
March 4th, 2009, 01:57
Welcome! Have you consided the factory RNS-E install upgrade?

Hi

Could you please elaberate? what is the RNS-E upgrade, I will google it.

DuckWingDuck
March 4th, 2009, 02:32
google or hit the friendly search button :)

snoopra
March 4th, 2009, 14:03
Hi

Could you please elaberate? what is the RNS-E upgrade, I will google it.
It's the upgraded NAV unit with a LCD screen. There's a pic in this post;
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17851

ilovegt100
March 5th, 2009, 12:37
Welcome to the board! Is it time for a NoVA/MD meet?... after hosing off the salt of course :jlol:

Hi everyone, I will post pics as soon as the weather clears up. my car is covered in road salt as we got 7 inches today here in MD.

My RS6 is completely stock with the exception of bilstein coil overs, and new tires. it is Blue with black leather & white piping. it has 69,000 miles on it and is almost perfect. I purchased the car from my brother who is a car exporter. i have had it for a month now and am absolutely blown away. the last time i felt acceleration like this was on my 1098 Ducati.

I had a scare last week in the car, it would not go past 2000 rpm and would feel like a traditional misfire. i took the car to Goss' garage in Maryland where they diagnosed the fuel filter and mass air flow sensor seals as the culprits. the car runs extremely well now. I will leave it stock with the exception of a Pioneer double DIN Navigation head unit as the factory navigation is worthless.

Hanna

dahbo
March 5th, 2009, 16:35
Sounds great, you Big drew and i could go chill someplace, maybe we can do it in DC? on a nice Sunday?
Im about to detail my car, hopefully it will be ready before we meet.

HC

Ruergard
March 5th, 2009, 16:43
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Don't forget pics of the beast when the weather gets better!

rks838
March 5th, 2009, 17:13
I'm in Chevy Chase, and used to drive a Daytona Gray - I miss it a lot! There seem to be a high number of us in DC Metro Region with RS6s, I know one person who is not on this board, and now I believe there are three or so of you on rs6.com...