PDA

View Full Version : MTM RS6 on Ebay.............

tags63
February 27th, 2009, 21:54
Hey All!!!

If anyone bought this, I have all info regarding this car from original seller(Classic Audi) who also did the MTM Stage 2 mods through current seller(Crown Audi). This was the car I was going to buy but I bowed out at the last minute. The wheels are 19" but are staggered 9.5 F and 10.5 R. The DRC suspension has been modified. The perches were changed to lower the car. The steering & CV's are shot and the DRC is totally leaking. Brakes & rotors were done Jan '06, not recently like they led me to believe. Also, the car hasn't been serviced since the 35k service which was done in Oct '07. Crown Audi said they would fix the suspension to coilovers but at the new buyers expense. The car had 49,640 miles on it when I seen it but they are advertising a bit lower on there site & autotrader so obviously someone is driving it.

:addict:

DuckWingDuck
February 28th, 2009, 03:10
tags63, you've got a PM!

tags63
February 28th, 2009, 04:24
Greg:

Email sent to Dave with entire car history.

DuckWingDuck
February 28th, 2009, 04:26
Awesome ! :-)

DHall1
February 28th, 2009, 04:42
Greg-Paul

Thanks for the quick work. Wow

Its too bad that car has not had service in 15k miles. That engine is toast. You have a StageII 500hp RS6 and you don't even service the oil.

Give me a gun.

Greg:

Email sent to Dave with entire car history.

tags63
March 9th, 2009, 21:47
Hey All!!

Looks like Crown Audi put the car back on Ebay again. I guess the 3rd buyer didn't work out either. Oh well..........thats what they get for all there double talk.

DHall1
March 9th, 2009, 21:57
+1 on that.

Last record of oil change was 34k.

Car has 49k.

Dealer says. "Since the car was out of warranty there was no record of the 45k service." Only the records while in warranty were documented.

Yeah right.

BTW, Fidelity coverage on this vehicle is null and void. Engine mods and trans mods have just about closed the door on anything getting covered.

FYI

Hey All!!

Looks like Crown Audi put the car back on Ebay again. I guess the 3rd buyer didn't work out either. Oh well..........thats what they get for all there double talk.

DHall1
March 12th, 2009, 07:07
This is so funny. I thought that car looked like its been on this site before.

The prev owner was Ricky71370. He was a long time member here on the RS6.com site. That car was drag raced from the day it was new. LOL

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6061

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5367

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7424 It goes to 160mph we know that. doh!

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7293 And finally the wheel install. I still dont know if its staggered lip or different width in the rear. Kinda scratching my head on that one.

Any old timers on the forum remember this car??

mi021le
March 16th, 2009, 16:40
hell ya. helped him not get riped off on a corvette. i havent seen that video in a while, is it still around?

gjg
March 16th, 2009, 16:57

The prev owner was Ricky71370. He was a long time member here on the RS6.com site. That car was drag raced from the day it was new. LOL

And finally the wheel install. I still dont know if its staggered lip or different width in the rear. Kinda scratching my head on that one.

yep, I do....

Ruergard
March 16th, 2009, 19:42

And finally the wheel install. I still dont know if its staggered lip or different width in the rear. Kinda scratching my head on that one.

Sure do.

Erik
March 17th, 2009, 06:55
I remember the car :)

jorkata
March 20th, 2009, 16:28
I went to Crown Audi yesterday to look at the car and I have to say that it looks even nicer in person. I really liked it. :rs6kiss:
It has new Michelin Pilot's, new CV boots as well as new upper control arms.
They have not touched the suspension. It has the original DRC.
What do you guys think?
Should I buy it?:vhmmm:
Should I change the DRC suspension to coil over’s?

DHall1
March 20th, 2009, 16:59
There is no doubt the car looks good.

My only concerns are....

1. No oil change records between 35,000 and 49,000 miles.
2. MTM modifications will void the driveline warranty if you purchase a Fidelity policy.
3. Add 1 and 2 to the fact that this car has increased power output and no oil change records for 14,000 miles and your setting yourself up for a nice shiny paperweight in the garage if the engine/turbos have a problem.
4. The car was run hard by the prev owner. He took care of it...but it was run hard.

I was going to buy it and strip off the mods and then sell the stock car. But the rims have a staggered offset. Not my cup of tea.

I went to Crown Audi yesterday to look at the car and I have to say that it looks even nicer in person. I really liked it. :rs6kiss:
It has new Michelin Pilot's, new CV boots as well as new upper control arms.
They have not touched the suspension. It has the original DRC.
What do you guys think?
Should I buy it?:vhmmm:
Should I change the DRC suspension to coil over’s?

jorkata
March 20th, 2009, 17:16
Thanks, DHall1.
I agreee.
I guess I need to find out about the missing 45k mile service interval if I was to consider buying it.

JORKATA

DHall1
March 20th, 2009, 18:26
"IF" I were to reconsider this car. I would take out the MTM ecu and tcu chips and purchase the Fidelity warranty.

There is some chance that the engine or trans will have a problem in the future. If that exposure is covered by Fidelity...then the car looks very nice.

Also, the 35k service was performed way back in 10-02-07. 1 1/2 years ago. That is not good at all.

Many on here have passed on that car. The price is right...the exterior condition looks good but exposure is huge. I cant get over that one.

Dave

Thanks, DHall1.
I agreee.
I guess I need to find out about the missing 45k mile service interval if I was to consider buying it.

JORKATA

Yellow RS6
March 23rd, 2009, 13:52
Also, the 35k service was performed way back in 10-02-07. 1 1/2 years ago. That is not good at all.

Dave

Maybe I'm missing something here, why is this bad? That's not that long ago.

DHall1
March 23rd, 2009, 14:58
Would you want to buy a 500hp engine that has 14,000 miles on its last oil change done 18 months ago?

Maybe I'm missing something here, why is this bad? That's not that long ago.

tags63
March 23rd, 2009, 15:00
Well, it's like this. I was going to buy the car but too many variables for me especially for someone who is going to buy the warranty for 4k. The bottom line is the original owner Luis knew he was trading the car in and stopped all services on his part. So, it's not so much that the 45k mile service wasn't done but that the oil hasn't been changed neither in 15k miles and he beats on his cars, especially this one. Got it right from the dealer who serviced the car it's entire life. So, after considering the mods and what was wrong with the car now plus the lack of even basic service. It's a no brainer.............

Yellow RS6
March 23rd, 2009, 15:06
Would you want to buy a 500hp engine that has 14,000 miles on its last oil change done 18 months ago?

Oh ok, I was thinking of the 35K stuff like timing belt, plugs, etc. I didnt realize that's when the last oil change was done - not good!

jorkata
March 24th, 2009, 00:28
I went to Crown Audi today to look at the car one more time but it was gone.
Somebody bought it over the weekend.
:(

DHall1
March 24th, 2009, 05:51
I did notice the ebay ad went down last weekend.

Its most likely for the best. I do not think that oil was changed and that car was run hard. It looked good and I was going to strip the mods off and flip it but the offset on the rims just didnt work for me.

I went to Crown Audi today to look at the car one more time but it was gone.
Somebody bought it over the weekend.
:(