PDA

View Full Version : maf sensors

garbi
February 27th, 2009, 16:04
hi gents

i have been having problems with the maf sensors , the management light comes on every couple of days. the vag com says thats its ran to lean then ran to rich.
audi are saying the the gaskets or even the mounting on the maf is leaking therefore sucks in air and try to reajust it self. ???????????

they are getting a new gasket which mounts on the maf as they recon thats the fault.

my motorplan which covers everything expired 2 weekss ago , but its been in and out of there for 2 months.

is it the maf of really air slipping in ?

also , we checked the air intake temp on the car and was running at 88 deg celcius ( high). when running on this temp i got 288 kw on the wheels,
at 70 deg celc i got 310kw on the wheels.
any ideas on bringing it down ??

terrytcl
February 27th, 2009, 20:15
i just took apart my intake box assembly and remove my mafs...

the only way you would get air to seep in would be if your gaskets were worn out completely due to corrosion or if the mafs weren't seated fully into the aluminum pipes leading to the intakes of the turbos. i'm not sure how else. if the mafs were not fully seated, the intake box would not be fully seated onto the intake manifold. it just wouldn't work out. i would say that the mafs are out of tolerance or need a good cleaning.

garbi
February 28th, 2009, 16:16
thanks , my new seals are arriving on monday , i will make sure that they are seated correctly as you are probibly correct about being mis -aligned ,
thanks