PDA

View Full Version : R8 V10 option information

KresoF1
February 27th, 2009, 15:07
I just finish reading very interesting internal sale material about R8 V10 and its options.

Here is short summery:

-belive it or not R8 V10 is faster on the track(Ring specially mentioned) with non-cost optional Sport suspension(code 1BE). Also Sport suspensions(conventional sport chassis) is saving almost 6kg in comparison with standard Magnetic Ride.
Warning-this option is for EU and ROW.

-Ceramic brakes are saving another 9kg. EU and ROW only.

-optional Bucket seats are saving 7kg per seat. Again only EU and ROW option.

Magnetic Ride is tuned differently on V10 but, this file clearly states that R8 V10 is faster on the Ring with optional Sport Suspension.

You can expect that Sport Auto will receive R8 V10 manual with Ceramic, Sport Suspension and Bucket seats for Supertest. Also, in normal non-metalic color since metallic colors adds up to 4kg overall...

Erik
February 27th, 2009, 15:36
You can expect that Sport Auto will receive R8 V10 manual with Ceramic, Sport Suspension and Bucket seats for Supertest. Also, in normal non-metalic color since metallic colors adds up to 4kg overall...

Sound like :music: :love2: to me

Ruergard
February 27th, 2009, 16:04

You don't have any ideas on when they might receive it? :hahahehe:

Great information as always, thanks!

KresoF1
February 27th, 2009, 16:09
You don't have any ideas on when they might receive it? :hahahehe:

Great information as always, thanks!

You welcome!:cheers:

AFAIK it should be either July or August issue of SA.

KresoF1
February 27th, 2009, 16:17
Oh, I forgot to mention differenc in gearbox ratios between V8 and V10. Overall I expect V10 to be a lot faster on most track since its gearing is much more track suited...

R8 4.2 FSI Manual

1. 64km/h
2. 105km/h
3. 150km/h
4. 200km/h
5. 248km/h
6. 301km/h

R8 5.2 FSI Manual

1. 77km/h
2. 126km/h
3. 175km/h
4. 225km/h
5. 272km/h
6. 316km/h

RXBG
February 27th, 2009, 18:42
I just finish reading very interesting internal sale material about R8 V10 and its options.

Here is short summery:

-belive it or not R8 V10 is faster on the track(Ring specially mentioned) with non-cost optional Sport suspension(code 1BE). Also Sport suspensions(conventional sport chassis) is saving almost 6kg in comparison with standard Magnetic Ride.

Magnetic Ride is tuned differently on V10 but, this file clearly states that R8 V10 is faster on the Ring with optional Sport Suspension.

hopefully SA will get a skinny driver that shaves his hair, has no dental fillings, gets a colonic cleanse and urinates before the run---- and drives naked too..

:hihi:

wedouglas
February 27th, 2009, 23:50
Why don't they make these options in the US? This is so fucking stupid. Every other manufacturer sells ceramic brakes and Lamborghini sells their sport suspension, why not Audi?

RXBG
February 27th, 2009, 23:51
Why don't they make these options in the US? This is so fucking stupid. Every other manufacturer sells ceramic brakes and Lamborghini sells their sport suspension, why not Audi?

astounds me too- esp. the ceramic brake kit. though you can get it for a premium via certain websites.

wedouglas
February 28th, 2009, 02:29
Any difference in weight between R-tronic and Manual?

KresoF1
February 28th, 2009, 07:50
Any difference in weight between R-tronic and Manual?

R Tronic equiped car is 5kg heavier.

Leadfoot
February 28th, 2009, 13:09

Here is short summery:

Am I not right in saying that we also had this discussion about the R8v8 and the choice of suspension best suited to track conditions. Was it not true that the R8v8 was also believed to be quicker with the SS suspension and in reality the magneticride actually ended up to be the quicker on the ring and if fitted with the same tyre choice would have been quicker around Hockenheim as well.

Hey, if I am wrong then I'm wrong but I think it's a bit early to say for sure that magneticride isn't as good as SS. Do you not think it will be better to wait for some comparison tested to see.

KresoF1
February 28th, 2009, 13:26
NO. Why?

First, correction regarding Ibis White test R8 4.2 FSI that did Hockenheim in 1:13,4min with standard P Zeros. It featured optional SS...

Second, remember Sascha Bert drive on the Ring in R8 with Magnetic Ride and P Zeros? 8.01min... Well, he drove another R8 with SS-7.58min So...

Third, I have offical Audi Internal Sale File. quattro Gmbh would not lie about things that important.

Leadfoot
February 28th, 2009, 13:36
NO. Why?

First, correction regarding Ibis White test R8 4.2 FSI that did Hockenheim in 1:13,4min with standard P Zeros. It featured optional SS...

Second, remember Sascha Bert drive on the Ring in R8 with Magnetic Ride and P Zeros? 8.01min... Well, he drove another R8 with SS-7.58min So...

Third, I have offical Audi Internal Sale File. quattro Gmbh would not lie about things that important.

Sorry, then I was wrong. I remember that the R8 did a 8:04 with SS and P Zeros and knew that the magneticride car did a 8:01. I didn't remember about a 7:58.

I'm only saying that different people will feel differently with each suspension option and may achieve better times with the ''slower'' magneticride option. So though in the hands of a true professional might find the SS the quicker setup, the normal drivers among us may differ and the split between each maybe closer to 50/50.

KresoF1
February 28th, 2009, 14:03
Sorry, then I was wrong. I remember that the R8 did a 8:04 with SS and P Zeros and knew that the magneticride car did a 8:01. I didn't remember about a 7:58.

I'm only saying that different people will feel differently with each suspension option and may achieve better times with the ''slower'' magneticride option. So though in the hands of a true professional might find the SS the quicker setup, the normal drivers among us may differ and the split between each maybe closer to 50/50.

Agree. IMHO Magnetic Ride is the way to go if you are not really total sportscar purist.

Just, despite R8 V10 been very awsome car indeed I wont buy it. I order something smaller instead-mid engine combined with currently best DCT on the market. Cheaper and not so fast but, based on my test drive totally amazing. And I can buy S4 with S Tronic for remaining money-that something that I like.

Leadfoot
February 28th, 2009, 14:07
Yeah, the Cayman S is a brilliant. I take it that is the car you are referring to. ;)

KresoF1
February 28th, 2009, 14:16
Yeah, the Cayman S is a brilliant. I take it that is the car you are referring to. ;)

Yes. And I am now torn between S4 Sedan S5 Cabrio. My wife wants S5 Cabrio...

Leadfoot
February 28th, 2009, 16:36
F#@k the wife (sorry, bad choice of words :hihi:).

GET THE S4. :thumb:

Bodhii
February 28th, 2009, 16:56
Yeah, the Cayman S is a brilliant.I have both an Audi R8 and a 540 HP TPC Turbo Cayman S. I LOVE both of these cars! I track quite a bit, and the completely reliable TPC Cayman is the equal of any supercar. It out handles all other Porsches and the GT-R, and can easily match their top spends, all for about the same price of the GT-R, but in a most beautiful, superb, mid engine platform.

The Audi R8 is my sweetheart, with its full luxury but equally superb sports car handling. It has a huge, luxurious interior with a very different, more forward driving postion, and a different tectile feeling thru the steering than with the Cayman. The Cayman, of course, feels lighter, but the R8 does not feel heavy in any way. Both of these cars are cornering marvels! And both of these great mid engine cars, come from their manufacturers significantly underpowered as to each platforms' potential. My complete power solution for the R8 has also been found.:hahahehe:

Bluehinder
February 28th, 2009, 21:14
F#@k the wife (sorry, bad choice of words :hihi:).

GET THE S4. :thumb:

Roger that!

KresoF1
March 1st, 2009, 10:21
I found our solution for best possible scenario-in my garage mates will be R8 V10 manual and Cayman S PDK. NO S5 Cabrio or S4 Sedan, something cheaper for my wife...

roadrunner
March 1st, 2009, 10:28
I found our solution for best possible scenario-in my garage mates will be R8 V10 manual and Cayman S PDK. NO S5 Cabrio or S4 Sedan, something cheaper for my wife...

You are not impying, that your wife is not allowed to drive the Cayman :hihi:

Looks like a nice stable. Look forward to further development...

KresoF1
March 1st, 2009, 10:44
You are not impying, that your wife is not allowed to drive the Cayman :hihi:

Looks like a nice stable. Look forward to further development...

She can drive both R8 V10 and Cayman S if she wants, she is truly great driver. Just neither car is made for heavy city traffic. So, A4 allroad probably...