PDA

View Full Version : 2003 RS6 Tie down hooks in the front bumper

DHall1
February 26th, 2009, 16:52
Hi all,

I dont have access to my car right now so this question.

Where are the tie down hooks in the front bumper? I seem to remember something listed in the owners manual for towing and latching down.

I will be loading up my RS into the trailer tomorrow for the trip to CA.

The rear has a tie down hook under the spare tire well.

I could use the wheels on the front for tie down but anchors in the bumper would be better and faster.

HeadShot
February 26th, 2009, 17:12
i just checked the manual - they said the tow hook point on the front. (Tow hook is in your tool kit) Screws into the recessed hole behind the lower right hand grill on the frnt bumper. Just pull that peice of grill off and the hole is uuder a rubber flap towards the top left as you look at it.) No other method was mentioned.

DHall1
February 26th, 2009, 17:58
Thanks Nick,

That should make things easier tomorrow when I will be scrambling around loading up the car for the trip.

See you this weekend

i just checked the manual - they said the tow hook point on the front. (Tow hook is in your tool kit) Screws into the recessed hole behind the lower right hand grill on the frnt bumper. Just pull that peice of grill off and the hole is uuder a rubber flap towards the top left as you look at it.) No other method was mentioned.

SAF
February 26th, 2009, 18:59
Yep, it's there...I installed it for the flatbed wrecker driver who was bumbling around.

DuckWingDuck
February 26th, 2009, 20:48
greg should know! it's right there in the front, easy to get to. See you this weekend Dave!