PDA

View Full Version : Reduced head and leg room in the V10

streetrod454
February 25th, 2009, 23:39
Hi folks, spent a good day at my dealer’s today specing my new R8 V10. I left with a happy look on my face and my wallet somewhat lighter. When I got home I sat down with a cup of tea and poured over the broacher just to make sure I had ticked all the right boxes. When I got to pages 38 and 39 which covers the cars dimensions I noticed something not right.
The V10 gets 11mm less head room than the V8, but what really worried me is that according to the diagrams the seat does not appear to move back as far as the V8's. Now I am just over 6ft 2 inches and any loss of leg room could be a problem. The broacher does not indicate the length of leg room but according to the pics it could be a few inches in my rough estimate.
Can anyone please confirm if I am right or wrong on this?

rks838
February 26th, 2009, 03:03
I can't confirm or deny anything specifically here, but as a 6'5'' fellow tall guy, I feel your pain...and can say that interior dimensions inexplicably change between sub-models more often than one would think.

KresoF1
February 26th, 2009, 07:22
Hi folks, spent a good day at my dealer’s today specing my new R8 V10. I left with a happy look on my face and my wallet somewhat lighter. When I got home I sat down with a cup of tea and poured over the broacher just to make sure I had ticked all the right boxes. When I got to pages 38 and 39 which covers the cars dimensions I noticed something not right.
The V10 gets 11mm less head room than the V8, but what really worried me is that according to the diagrams the seat does not appear to move back as far as the V8's. Now I am just over 6ft 2 inches and any loss of leg room could be a problem. The broacher does not indicate the length of leg room but according to the pics it could be a few inches in my rough estimate.
Can anyone please confirm if I am right or wrong on this?

Pics(dimensions) in Audi UK brochure are wrong, interior of R8 4.2 FSI and R8 5.2 FSI is the same.
One warning-if you order Bucket seats you will get less head room then with standard sports seats because Buckets are bigger(and lighter) overall.

streetrod454
February 26th, 2009, 09:58
Pics(dimensions) in Audi UK brochure are wrong, interior of R8 4.2 FSI and R8 5.2 FSI is the same.
One warning-if you order Bucket seats you will get less head room then with standard sports seats because Buckets are bigger(and lighter) overall.

Hi Kreso, I have ordered the bucket seats, I was hoping that there would be thinner overall than the bucket seats, but you say they are not.
The other thing I noticed in the diagrams was that the V10 engine intrudes more into the cabin than the V8 as the gearbox location has not changed, I figured that that would have caused the reduction in internal space

KresoF1
February 26th, 2009, 12:00
No, V10 engine do not intrude more into the cabin. Engine bay in V8 and V10 is the same(size wise). Space behinde the seats is the same and can be used for smaller Golf bag or two small Original Audi suitcases.