PDA

View Full Version : Another RS6 Sold... (finally :-)

jbtexas
February 25th, 2009, 19:12
I have noticed a few other posters on here with their low mileage cars for sale. My lesson learned is to be patient. In this economy, there are far fewer buyers for the "pristine" low mileage RS6 or any other enthusiast car for that matter. However, they are out there. After MANY tire kickers and low ball offers, sold my 4k mileage RS6 for the original asking price. Couldnt have hoped for a better buyer either. This guy knew what he was looking for, how special/rare these cars are, and how few are available with collector mileage. Paid up front, didnt mess around. Decided to fly to Dallas and drive the car home (midwest). I am encouraging him to join this site and share in the community here. Super nice guy and gentleman...hopefully you will hear from him soon. I wish everyone here the best and hope paths cross (virtually or otherwise) in the future.

Erik
February 25th, 2009, 19:21
When you sell your car, please mention RS6.com for the new owner :)

stubro
February 25th, 2009, 19:22
Good to know that it is worth waiting out though I think I am going to ride mine out for a while. I am sitting at 30k. Congrats on the sale.

jbtexas
February 25th, 2009, 19:22
When you sell your car, please mention RS6.com for the new owner :)

As I said in my post, I definitely encouraged him to do so...

jbtexas
February 25th, 2009, 19:27
Good to know that it is worth waiting out though I think I am going to ride mine out for a while. I am sitting at 30k. Congrats on the sale.

Thanks. I loved the car. For me it was a 4th car and had to go to take advantage of a land deal. Otherwise I would have loved to keep it. No complaints at all, one of a kind 4-door. There have been a lot of people on this site quick to dismiss any demand whatsoever for these cars in the used market...("will never sell, nothing over the $30s, you are dreaming at $50k, etc"). My guess is that I am not the only example of recent sales....I am hoping to give a little encourage to other sellers with this post :addict:

DHall1
February 25th, 2009, 20:36
I would also observe that almost all the low mileage units have been snapped up.

Only one on Autotrader with less than 30k miles. $44500

Its not a guarantee of condition under 30k miles but its a good start. A 40k Daytona/Sil just sold up the road from me at $38000....it was very clean. Another good data point.

A worn Blue 40k RS6 in Phoenix was lucky to fetch $25k because it was trashed. Dont let all the other cars fall into that category.

All in all, glad I have my 25kish mile beast with 6yrs of Audi Fidelity coverage.

Jonathan-I would have held my guns for $55k for that car. Someone would have come along and decided it was a better deal than say a used 07 S6 with 15k miles. No brainer.

Good luck

I have noticed a few other posters on here with their low mileage cars for sale. My lesson learned is to be patient. In this economy, there are far fewer buyers for the "pristine" low mileage RS6 or any other enthusiast car for that matter. However, they are out there. After MANY tire kickers and low ball offers, sold my 4k mileage RS6 for the original asking price. Couldnt have hoped for a better buyer either. This guy knew what he was looking for, how special/rare these cars are, and how few are available with collector mileage. Paid up front, didnt mess around. Decided to fly to Dallas and drive the car home (midwest). I am encouraging him to join this site and share in the community here. Super nice guy and gentleman...hopefully you will hear from him soon. I wish everyone here the best and hope paths cross (virtually or otherwise) in the future.

jbtexas
February 25th, 2009, 20:43
I would also observe that almost all the low mileage units have been snapped up.

Only one on Autotrader with less than 30k miles. $44500

Its not a guarantee of condition under 30k miles but its a good start. A 40k Daytona/Sil just sold up the road from me at $38000....it was very clean. Another good data point.

A worn Blue 40k RS6 in Phoenix was lucky to fetch $25k because it was trashed. Dont let all the other cars fall into that category.

All in all, glad I have my 25kish mile beast with 6yrs of Audi Fidelity coverage.

Jonathan-I would have held my guns for $55k for that car. Someone would have come along and decided it was a better deal than say a used 07 S6 with 15k miles. No brainer.

Good luck

Thanks. I actually sold it for not much less than that in the end...I am glad that I waited for the right buyer...still think that he got a killer deal though.... won't disclose the exact number here out of respect to him... but hope that he will join soon and can share freely...

Bigglezworth
February 25th, 2009, 23:20
Good to hear things wrapped up with two happy participants. Let this example be a lesson for everyone that sells personal items - be it a car, house, jewelry, etc. - there will ALWAYS be someone that is willing to pay the price you are asking. It all comes down to a matter of patience and appropriate marketing on the end of the seller, and education & bang for the buck on the end of the purchaser.

Tim

allwheelsdriven
February 26th, 2009, 02:45
congrats on the sale...

finally there is one of these on the market in montana...only two states away from me so i stand a chance of getting to test drive one finally :)

DHall1
February 26th, 2009, 02:55
Good luck.

Its hard to determine if the one your driving is 100% up to tune. There are a few out there that have boost leaks from the bov/diverter or a bad N75/wastegate solenoid. The result is a car that feels like it has 300hp. Because it does if you take boost away. No way to know without a VAG scan but the butt dyno should tell the story.

I would say the performance difference would be like driving a 100% stock STI vs a Stage II tuned STI with full turbo back exhaust and a PDX tune. :-)

But if you drive it and your planted in the seat and a 40mph roll at wot results in a firm planting and downshift. You have a real one working at proper boost.

congrats on the sale...

finally there is one of these on the market in montana...only two states away from me so i stand a chance of getting to test drive one finally :)

Roger
February 26th, 2009, 03:32
I've got an Avus Silver, Nav, sound enhacing exhaust, warm weather pkg, everything stock, no accidents, no problems ever, 27K miles, newer tires, brand new front brakes and rotors. Always garaged, well cared for, rarely driven in bad weather. I doubt there are many examples as nice as this beutiful RS6. I will be selling in the spring. If anyone is seriously interested, let me know.

DHall1
February 26th, 2009, 06:24
Dont take a penny less than 40k

:addict:

I've got an Avus Silver, Nav, sound enhacing exhaust, warm weather pkg, everything stock, no accidents, no problems ever, 27K miles, newer tires, brand new front brakes and rotors. Always garaged, well cared for, rarely driven in bad weather. I doubt there are many examples as nice as this beutiful RS6. I will be selling in the spring. If anyone is seriously interested, let me know.

LIRS6
February 26th, 2009, 13:14
sold my 4k mileage RS6

What's the status of the CF trim pkg you bought - did it go with the new owner?

AUDI5000CSTQ
February 26th, 2009, 20:49
Hi all first post but a long time observer. I figured this is a good as any thread to say howdy. I want to thank Dhall to letting me know of the Phoenix RS. David, you can stop trashing it now thou, I bought it for a song. Had my personal mechanic, who takes care of my stable of collectibles inspect it over three days. He found a cracked roll over nipple on the top of the fuel tank. (A recall item on my Allroad and A6) The rest of this group should be aware of, and have checked. Called our special AOA RS customer service rep and he informed me the car is a CPO and still under warranty and the fuel tank will be replaced N/C, a $2900.00 job. The car also qualifies for the premier coverage just as long as I get it prior to 45k. Now I just have to wait for the DRC "recall"
but I like the "slammed to the ground, chuck-wagon feel" there is no rubbing and rides smoother than my built to the hilt 86 5000CSTQ. Just had it detailed and the "Stains" on the seat came out. Most of the "chips" are on the clear bra. Overall the care cleans up real nice and fast as sin. You will get to see it again, it is reg for the run on Saturday. Like a quarter horse owner I nether maintain nor ride/show my cars but a friend will be taking it there. Well I just wanted to say hi and hope to see you all at another SOCAL get together. Love the beast.

DuckWingDuck
February 27th, 2009, 00:08
welcome! Glad that you found a car that you like and that it's still under coverage!! We're rolling out to malibu this weekend if you want to come through but the southern california gang gets together every once in a while as well if you can't make it out this weekend.

AUDI5000CSTQ
February 27th, 2009, 00:31
Thank you Duckwingduck,
The car will be there but I will not. You are just a few miles north of me. We can do a cup of Joe at some point. I do thank DHALL to bringing this car to my attention.

DHall1
February 27th, 2009, 02:09
For the right price. That car was a good deal. I would agree it had potential. If you purchased it around 24-25k...it was a good deal.

Funny, the seller had no idea about the CPO warranty it had intact. Amazing.

DRC cannot be replaced once the system has been removed. Its a one way street once you take it out.

It sounds like you will restore the car to its potential and went into the car with eyes wide open. Thats all one can hope for these days. Good luck with it.

Dave

Hi all first post but a long time observer. I figured this is a good as any thread to say howdy. I want to thank Dhall to letting me know of the Phoenix RS. David, you can stop trashing it now thou, I bought it for a song. Had my personal mechanic, who takes care of my stable of collectibles inspect it over three days. He found a cracked roll over nipple on the top of the fuel tank. (A recall item on my Allroad and A6) The rest of this group should be aware of, and have checked. Called our special AOA RS customer service rep and he informed me the car is a CPO and still under warranty and the fuel tank will be replaced N/C, a $2900.00 job. The car also qualifies for the premier coverage just as long as I get it prior to 45k. Now I just have to wait for the DRC "recall"
but I like the "slammed to the ground, chuck-wagon feel" there is no rubbing and rides smoother than my built to the hilt 86 5000CSTQ. Just had it detailed and the "Stains" on the seat came out. Most of the "chips" are on the clear bra. Overall the care cleans up real nice and fast as sin. You will get to see it again, it is reg for the run on Saturday. Like a quarter horse owner I nether maintain nor ride/show my cars but a friend will be taking it there. Well I just wanted to say hi and hope to see you all at another SOCAL get together. Love the beast.

DuckWingDuck
February 27th, 2009, 06:30
Thank you Duckwingduck,
The car will be there but I will not. You are just a few miles north of me. We can do a cup of Joe at some point. I do thank DHALL to bringing this car to my attention.

Most def, it's a good little drive down to your neck of the woods, let's find some time, hit me with an email, greg @ twilightstar . net

AUDI5000CSTQ
February 27th, 2009, 17:17
Greg, sounds good I'll e-mail with details. Maybe we can get WANT2BUYRS6 (WANT@BUYRS6) to meet up also and he drive one(s) first hand.
I don't mind driving up your way, grew up in Laguna back in the day.