PDA

View Full Version : PCV system

terrytcl
February 24th, 2009, 17:11
Doing some work on the RS6 and trying to replace the PCV valve.

There are two "pancake valves" on either side of the front of the engine.
part number 034 126 101 C.
Has anyone had any problems with these? i found some oil residue inside both of the valves. checked for operation, but not entirely sure how they function. they're pretty pricey, so i want to see if anyone has had any problem with these before i replace both for no reason at all.

The PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve has got to be in the worst location possible. I've never seen anything like thise before.

oh by the way, those of you getting any air pump codes. you may want to check the vacuum lines going to the two combination valves on both sides near the back of the engine. the vacuum lines that audi loves to use (mesh cloth over rubber hose) has a great likelihood of tearing/ripping. found out that the two vacuum lines to both of the combination valves were torn. i could see the vacuum nipple of the combination valve clearly poking through the vacuum line.

been replacing all of the oem vacuum lines with silicone lines. much better.

on top of all that, planning on replacing the n75 valve. i am beginning to hate pinch clamps.

the fuel filter is in an even worse location. as an engineer, i can see that
some aspects (accessibility of parts/components for general maintenance) were totally neglected.

DHall1
February 24th, 2009, 17:18
PICS tell a thousand words.

I think there was a nice writeup of PCV troubleshooting over on the Audiworld site.

Again, where is the PCV on this car? Take a pic please.

Thanks,
Dave

Doing some work on the RS6 and trying to replace the PCV valve.

There are two "pancake valves" on either side of the front of the engine.
part number 034 126 101 C.
Has anyone had any problems with these? i found some oil residue inside both of the valves. checked for operation, but not entirely sure how they function. they're pretty pricey, so i want to see if anyone has had any problem with these before i replace both for no reason at all.

The PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve has got to be in the worst location possible. I've never seen anything like thise before.

oh by the way, those of you getting any air pump codes. you may want to check the vacuum lines going to the two combination valves on both sides near the back of the engine. the vacuum lines that audi loves to use (mesh cloth over rubber hose) has a great likelihood of tearing/ripping. found out that the two vacuum lines to both of the combination valves were torn. i could see the vacuum nipple of the combination valve clearly poking through the vacuum line.

been replacing all of the oem vacuum lines with silicone lines. much better.

on top of all that, planning on replacing the n75 valve. i am beginning to hate pinch clamps.

the fuel filter is in an even worse location. as an engineer, i can see that
some aspects (accessibility of parts/components for general maintenance) were totally neglected.

terrytcl
February 24th, 2009, 17:25
no prob

i'll take some pictures tonight

if anyone was up to the task of removing the intake manifold... i think you may want a navigation system for just the hoses and wiring. it's pretty (almost) impossible to track where things go or get connected.