PDA

View Full Version : Avus Silver RS6 is Really here!

jimmy94507
August 7th, 2003, 07:41
Called the dealer around 5PM. My salesman was off today but the salesman expecting an A8L was there. Yes, his car had just been unloaded from the truck and so did an Avus Silver RS6! 20 minutes later we were in the Service area looking at my newly arrived RS6. There it was with very dirty white plastic protecting it. Yep, the quart of oil was in the trunk, in fact, 2 quarts. Car has 60 miles on the odometer.

Tomorrow should be a great day! I'm hoping for a test drive and possible possession on Friday. Camera batteries are on the charger.

Regards, Jim

avdh
August 7th, 2003, 08:10
Lucky man! Congrats!

Hey and with the exictment don't forget the camera.

Erik
August 7th, 2003, 08:12
'Possession...' Nice word! Congratulations! I guess many owners in the USA are surprised it's actually happening.

RS6FEVR
August 7th, 2003, 17:43
:cheers: and congrats Jimmy!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Sounds too good from this side. :D :D :D Must be just an incredible adrenaline rush for this upcoming possession! Great news and enjoy the moment to it's fullest.

Customary review and pics required :roll: :roll: :roll:

:addict: FEVR :addict:

jimmy94507
August 7th, 2003, 18:06
Salesman just called; car on the rack being PDI'd as I type. He's going to call me back and let me know their schedule and when to take that first ride/test. Camera batteries have been recharged (battery warning when I took the pictures last night of a dirty, plastic covered car.). Now that it is finally here, I feel rather calm. Will probably get sweaty palms when I climb behind the wheel, start it up and drive out ot the lot!!

Regards, Jim

FitzRS6
August 7th, 2003, 21:00
Congrats Jim! Can't wait to hear your impressions of the car! I have had mine for about 3 weeks an I still get a silly grin when I drive it!

Bauer
August 8th, 2003, 01:23
Jim,

Thats fantastic news. A friend of mine was down picking his Allroad up and saw your Avus RS6 in the shop hooked up to the computer. The Tech told him that the were running their checks on the car. He said it looked awsome. :cheers: I cant wait to see it. :incar: congratulations!!!!!!!

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

Benman
August 8th, 2003, 02:42
congrats:cheers:

yet another Californian takes delivery:cheers:

Ben:addict: :addict: (almost there:cry: )

bilbozilla
August 8th, 2003, 06:11
Way to go! There's going to be a small fleet of these in Northern California by November of this year! Someone is taking delivery of a Daytona RS6 here in Marin. I saw it being prepped yesterday. Anyone in this forum?

jimmy94507
August 8th, 2003, 07:47
Wow!! This car is more tha I expected. Just hearing the rumble of the engine makes one appreciate what lurks under the hood. We drove away from the dealership at 7:15PM, me with a huge grin on my face. Have to keep reminding myself to "remember the break-in". It really wants to go, and as others have said, more comfortable at higher speeds. 80 is effortless! A guy in a Ford Lightning pickup seemed anxious to enter a freeway on ramp behind me (tailgater, ugh!), I just couldn't resist! This car will test my restraint over the next 1000 miles. (smiles)

More later with a couple pictures tomorrow.

Best regards to all, Jim