PDA

View Full Version : I need some info about Q5

andreadebi
February 22nd, 2009, 11:10
Ciao,
I drove a Q5 3.0 tdi s-tronic and I found very good on handling in its category.
I did a search but I didn't found on the web some info about:

- the optional sport setup S-Line has stiffer shocks and/or what else?bigger anti-roll bar? is the height of the car reduced too(for example s-line setup in A4 it's -30mm) ?

-the sport streering wheel has a reduced diameter than the normal steering wheel?

-when 2.0 tdi s-tronic will be EU5?at the moment it's only EU4..isn't it?

-what about these pics?

s-programm on s-tronic (because no paddles?)

http://www.autodeclics.com/gallery2/albums/userpics/AudiQ5_MercedesGLK_12_12_17~0.jpg

here no S programm but paddles
http://bilder.autobild.de/ir_img/60991376_42e5a23511.jpg

Grazie

andreadebi
February 22nd, 2009, 14:50
is it possbile that q5 with drive select and electronic dampers doesn't have the S programm on the gearbox because it's included in the drive select program?

KresoF1
February 22nd, 2009, 17:28
is it possbile that q5 with drive select and electronic dampers doesn't have the S programm on the gearbox because it's included in the drive select program?

YES.

1. EU5 for 2.0TDI S Tronic. Autumn 2009 as earliest date.

2. S Line steering wheel is little bit thicker and use partially perforated leather-same diameter as normal 3 spoke steering wheel.

3. Do NOT order S Line chassis with S Line package-way too stiff for Q5. Best thing is to order Drive Select with Adaptive Dampers and Dynamic steering

4. Paddles are a must option with S Tronic-order S line steering wheel with paddles.

Finally, thing about new A4 Allroad as well. IMHO it offers some advantages over Q5. It is cheaper with the same equipment and offers better performance.

andreadebi
February 22nd, 2009, 19:57
YES.

1. EU5 for 2.0TDI S Tronic. Autumn 2009 as earliest date.

2. S Line steering wheel is little bit thicker and use partially perforated leather-same diameter as normal 3 spoke steering wheel.

3. Do NOT order S Line chassis with S Line package-way too stiff for Q5. Best thing is to order Drive Select with Adaptive Dampers and Dynamic steering

4. Paddles are a must option with S Tronic-order S line steering wheel with paddles.

Finally, thing about new A4 Allroad as well. IMHO it offers some advantages over Q5. It is cheaper with the same equipment and offers better performance.

thanks another time Kreso,you are a super source of info about audi!

I was thinking about 2.0 tdi s-tronic,the dealer told me that I have to wait till october for the car so I hope for that time will be eu5 as 3.0 tdi as well.

I'm not really interested about s-line exterior or full s-line pack...I would like to order only the s-line setup cod. 1BV.
So it's too stiff....only shocks or also bigger antiroll bars? Car height decreases with this sport setup or nothing? Grazie

KresoF1
February 22nd, 2009, 21:53
Height is about the same but, my advice is not to order 1BV. If you do not want to order Adaptive dampers with drive select then stay with standard setup. Just order 19" wheels.

Also, I drove Q5 2.0 TDI manual and it is good daily city driver just, it feels little bit underpowered to me. For example the same engine in VW Tiguan feels way more powerfull.

kju
February 22nd, 2009, 22:34
andreadebi - can you tell me, what points made you to go for a Audi Q5 instead of an used Audi Q7 ?
Would like to hear this from a Q5 buyer ;)

Thank you for your infos !

The RS6
February 22nd, 2009, 23:47
Smaller, newer model, easier for daily use, more economical, better looking...? :)

andreadebi
February 23rd, 2009, 09:12
Height is about the same but, my advice is not to order 1BV. If you do not want to order Adaptive dampers with drive select then stay with standard setup. Just order 19" wheels.

Also, I drove Q5 2.0 TDI manual and it is good daily city driver just, it feels little bit underpowered to me. For example the same engine in VW Tiguan feels way more powerfull.

Ok thanks. Yes tiguan is also 150kg lighter than q5 so it's faster.

andreadebi
February 23rd, 2009, 09:13
andreadebi - can you tell me, what points made you to go for a Audi Q5 instead of an used Audi Q7 ?
Would like to hear this from a Q5 buyer ;)

Thank you for your infos !

The RS6 user gave you the answer also for me :) above all I don't like how is big the q7 and the how it looks...q5 is nicer