PDA

View Full Version : V60 install?

nfoboy
August 7th, 2003, 06:27
OK,
so I want to add the V60 to the car, and I honestly don't mind getting the install kit from Audi. What I do mind is having to buy the phone from Audi, as anytime there's a problem with the phone, Audi isn't exactly going to be the speediest source for fixing the phone.

What I want to know is, will a non-Audi V60 work with the vehicle at least as far as muting the stereo (and saying phone) and allow the use of the built in mic?

Obviously the RS6 has no wheel controls for the phone, so I don't even think that's an issue.

TIA!

gjg
August 7th, 2003, 07:14
yes, any V60 will do the same, there is standard software and standard connector on Audi supplied V60. Teh same is for TDMA/CDMA phone so it should make no difference what you get.

Most likely the price for the phone would be around $200 or less with some service provider package

Bluehinder
August 7th, 2003, 23:31
Hi,

I have been wondering the same thing. Will the voice activated features work? Put another way, is there anything that wont work with a non Audi V60?

In the interest of being cheap, my installation kit came this week. I also own my one V60. Can the installation kit be put in without the dealer?

Anyone know?

Blue

erjun
August 7th, 2003, 23:41
The answer to all your questions is no...I have an AT&T v60 that doesn't work with the audi kit. The only thing that it will do is charge is the cradle--and you can't hear it ring while it is charging. Seriously stinks for those of us who already own the phone.

gjg
August 8th, 2003, 10:23
Eric, you may want to check the hands free install or the phone itself - I have both phones (TDMS/CDMA) and not problems with differend hands free setups - in US and in Europe as I travel.

Motorola phone wiring is the same no matter where, they (and other manufacturers as well) do not do different pinouts for different operators or customers. Possibility is that some of the older versions of V60 may not have the feature.

gg

erjun
August 8th, 2003, 13:25
I have put my phone in the cradle(factory installed kit) and have no luck with the hands free. Sales manager put his audi phone in the cradle and it worked fine. My V60 is 1 year old...wondering if there are different versions of the phone if yours works with hands free. Hmmmm.

erjun
August 8th, 2003, 13:36
I have put my phone in the cradle(factory installed kit) and have no luck with the hands free. Sales manager put his audi phone in the cradle and it worked fine. My V60 is 1 year old...wondering if there are different versions of the phone if yours works with hands free. Hmmmm.

gjg
August 8th, 2003, 13:39
there is V60 and V60i, looks the same, some software was added (features) so ......

nfoboy
August 8th, 2003, 16:04
I'm trying to find out if there is a software upgrade through Motorola to update the phone to Audi software... not much luck yet though.