PDA

View Full Version : For those that have replaced battery with aftermarket.

p3u
February 19th, 2009, 18:00
What is a good battery to go with that doesn't weight 80lbs lol

I'm suspecting that my battery is getting close to the end and would like to go with something lighter then the stock beast. I have an odyssey race (PC680) battery I have used in my B6 S4 ( weighs 13lbs :mech:) with NO problems, but wonder if there is anything special I need to consider since I have the solar sun roof, such as needing higher capacity?

Any input appreciated! :rs6kiss:

dwarfboy
February 19th, 2009, 22:23
Odyssey makes a battery foir the RS6. I think it weighs less than 40lbs.

hahnmgh63
February 20th, 2009, 01:18
I have been using the Odyssey 925T for a while. It runs great but it does not hold a charge as long as the factory lead/acid. If your car sits for up to 2 weeks at a time, I would recommend a trickle charger or go with a larger battery. I have a PC680 in my 911 and I wouldn't recommend it for the RS6, too many electrical acessories, go with the next size larger at least, the 925t, It will fit in the stock location and use the factory cables fine, you can use the stock tie down plate if you bend it in a vice from flat to about a 70' angle.

p3u
February 20th, 2009, 02:24
I do drive my car every day, so with that said think the PC680 would cut it? I mean the only thing I'm worried about is the solar roof, does that put a considerable amount of power into the battery, or is it straight to the fan in the car to run it? If it goes to charge the battery is there an automatic cutoff when filled to capacity?

snoopra
February 20th, 2009, 03:18
Solar roof doesn't charge, just runs auxilary interior air cooling/circulating fan.