PDA

View Full Version : EBC Red front and rear brake pads for less than 175 dollars

DHall1
February 18th, 2009, 06:02
That is not a typo.

I just used the special link to get the "old" prices and then applied a discount code of "presidentsday09" to the old prices and just got another 15% off the brakes.

I ordered another set of Red pads....front and rear shipped for $173 dollars.

http://performance.thepartsbin.com/basket.php?brandid=4074&partid=12&makeid=34&modelid=708&year=2003

Who loves ya baby! Its getting cheaper and cheaper to maintain the RS6.

snoopra
February 18th, 2009, 13:25
Good to know, I'll get a set or two:)

Bigglezworth
February 18th, 2009, 13:28
I'd like to get two sets at that price, but I can't as they don't ship to Canada. Anyone able to purchase the sets for me if I wire them the funds and then mail them via USPS?

Tim

gooseleg
November 17th, 2009, 00:48
Thanks, I just picked up a set for $188 using "tpb02" as a coupon code

V8weight
January 14th, 2010, 04:36
Well, I have about 14,000 miles on my ebc redstuff's now and they are at about 30%, and I drive pretty hard. So it would appear that they last a bit longer than the oem pads. I just ordered another set before my cross country trip to Arizona. For the record, the link is still good, but because of time constraints I called and ordered a set for full price which is now about $280 just so I could confirm that they actually had a set in stock. Not to worry though, I also ordered a set with the old link and I'll just return the extra set when it arrives and get a refund for the higher price.:hahahehe:

DHall1
January 14th, 2010, 05:05
At 30% on EBC reds....it would be nice to see the condition of the pads.

How do the rotor surfaces look? Grooves or valleys?

Well, I have about 14,000 miles on my ebc redstuff's now and they are at about 30%, and I drive pretty hard. So it would appear that they last a bit longer than the oem pads. I just ordered another set before my cross country trip to Arizona. For the record, the link is still good, but because of time constraints I called and ordered a set for full price which is now about $280 just so I could confirm that they actually had a set in stock. Not to worry though, I also ordered a set with the old link and I'll just return the extra set when it arrives and get a refund for the higher price.:hahahehe:

V8weight
January 14th, 2010, 05:10
At 30% on EBC reds....it would be nice to see the condition of the pads.

How do the rotor surfaces look? Grooves or valleys?
Nope, the rotors look like glass yet. My fronts were right on the edge of spec when I installed the pads, so it's time to throw my new rotors on anyways. Ideally I'd like to just leave them until they're worn out, but if we get into any hard runs I'll burn up the remainder of my pads pretty quick. On the bright side, my old rotors are going to make a great wall hangings in the garage. These things are a work of art.

DHall1
January 14th, 2010, 05:16
Pat,

If you want to burn up a set before you put on new rotors....I have a set of fronts that are broke in with less than 1000 miles on them.

Save the new set for the new rotors.

Good info to know...the EBC Reds do not groove the rotors. IMHO there is no reason to run anything else. Now add this part that the pads dont groove the rotors.

No brainer.

Nope, the rotors look like glass yet. My fronts were right on the edge of spec when I installed the pads, so it's time to throw my new rotors on anyways. Ideally I'd like to just leave them until they're worn out, but if we get into any hard runs I'll burn up the remainder of my pads pretty quick. On the bright side, my old rotors are going to make a great wall hangings in the garage. These things are a work of art.

V8weight
January 14th, 2010, 05:21
Pat,

If you want to burn up a set before you put on new rotors....I have a set of fronts that are broke in with less than 1000 miles on them.

Save the new set for the new rotors.

Good info to know...the EBC Reds do not groove the rotors. IMHO there is no reason to run anything else. Now add this part that the pads dont groove the rotors.

No brainer.
I'm thinking maybe I'll just drive down with my current setup and throw my new rotors and pads in the trunk and assess the situation when I get down there. I can always throw the new rotors and pads on while the cars up in the air. I can't stand the thought of discarding 30% of my brake pads.

DHall1
January 14th, 2010, 05:29
Yep, we can measure the rotors and pull the pads off to have a look. 15 minutes topps.

I'm thinking maybe I'll just drive down with my current setup and throw my new rotors and pads in the trunk and assess the situation when I get down there. I can always throw the new rotors and pads on while the cars up in the air. I can't stand the thought of discarding 30% of my brake pads.

V8weight
January 14th, 2010, 05:37
Yep, we can measure the rotors and pull the pads off to have a look. 15 minutes topps.
Sounds good, It'll be a good testimony for the EBC pads. By that time I'll be at about 18k miles on these pads. I don't think the oem Pagids were good for over 10k. I'm no percy milk toes either.

GEN XER
January 14th, 2010, 06:31
I use these. Centric Posi Quiets. The stop-techs are new.

I looked at the pads while the car was apart. They had very low wear and the rotors have little to no damage.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/Audi/RS6.htm

V8weight
February 1st, 2010, 00:43
I threw on my new front rotors this afternoon, here are my EBC Redstuff's with 18,000 miles on them. Not bad, actually, there was no reason to replace the rears.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/004-5.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/005-4.jpg

DHall1
February 1st, 2010, 02:25
I think we can close the book on the EBC Red pads.

Perfect

And the braking performance is excellent.

No brainer. Glad I have 2 extra sets sitting here.

MaxRS6
February 1st, 2010, 03:18
I've had them on the back and my only complaint is that I didn't start using them about 100K miles ago.

topcat_92
February 5th, 2010, 20:01
It's time for pads all around and front rotors. Anyone have a good source for the rotors?

DHall1
February 5th, 2010, 20:39
genuinevwaudiparts.com

the front rotors are about 280ea. dont worry about the checkout shipping cost..they will adjust it to true shipping when they go out.

You will have to search the site for the audi part numbers and plug them in because the above site does not list rs6. got to run

JRS-RS6
February 5th, 2010, 21:09
Try these PNs for Fronts:

4B3-615-301-E BRAKE DISC
4B3-615-302-A BRAKE DISC

V8weight
February 5th, 2010, 21:12
Try these PNs for Fronts:

4B3-615-301-E BRAKE DISC
4B3-615-302-A BRAKE DISC
James, do you have the EBC's for your car yet? It looks like my trip back to Iowa this weekend is off, did you get your car back yet?

JRS-RS6
February 5th, 2010, 21:34
Hi Pat,

No I do not have the EBCs nor my car yet. It is beginning to look like Monday for my car -- will see.

Now that I got the service history it looks like I have about 3K on the Fronts so far so I will probably move forward with the EBCs some time soon if I am not out of town too much for business.

I will let you know when I get the car back and we can meet up.

topcat_92
February 6th, 2010, 18:23
Thanks guys. Pads and disks ordered.

jefferdr
February 10th, 2010, 02:53
my car has 47k miles and has all scheduled maintence. have my rotors ever been replaced?

my fronts squeak occasionally, and I ordered some new pads to remedy the situation. should i order new rotors too?

thanks guys

V8weight
February 10th, 2010, 03:08
my car has 47k miles and has all scheduled maintence. have my rotors ever been replaced?

my fronts squeak occasionally, and I ordered some new pads to remedy the situation. should i order new rotors too?

thanks guys
There's no time or mileage schedule for the rotors, they are just replaced on a basis of wear. The minimum thickness for the fronts is 32mm, I don't remember the minimum spec for the rears off the top of my head, but I believe it's 24mm.

DHall1
February 10th, 2010, 03:25
Read this thread

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17594&highlight=brake+pads

If its been some time since you replaced the rotors or if the rotors have never been replaced.

Buy all new.

thanks guys

ben916
February 10th, 2010, 03:49
Read this thread

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17594&highlight=brake+pads

If its been some time since you replaced the rotors or if the rotors have never been replaced.

Buy all new.

Well, as YOU know Dave, I got very lucky with the 35k mile service done prior to me purchasing...
With that discovered yesterday upon reading the 37 items on the service history (looks like 2 DRC's also), the prior owner apparently either didn't like any type of squeak or was super anal about break noise. So it looks like the rotors were replaced 4 times (yes that ISN'T a typo!) and two steering columns (wtf?!?!?)

So either he was super hard on the brakes or he was super anal/detailed/particular/specific/whatever you want to call it, to me, that seems like ALOT of rotors to chew thru...

I am thinking EBC's Red for me.... shortly....

V8weight
February 10th, 2010, 03:59
Well, as YOU know Dave, I got very lucky with the 35k mile service done prior to me purchasing...
With that discovered yesterday upon reading the 37 items on the service history (looks like 2 DRC's also), the prior owner apparently either didn't like any type of squeak or was super anal about break noise. So it looks like the rotors were replaced 4 times (yes that ISN'T a typo!) and two steering columns (wtf?!?!?)

So either he was super hard on the brakes or he was super anal/detailed/particular/specific/whatever you want to call it, to me, that seems like ALOT of rotors to chew thru...

That rings a bell Ben. Do a search through the archives for "steering column" and "clunk". I recall going through the archives quite some time ago and seeing a guy who had had his steering column replaced a couple of times, maybe the original owner of your car was on here at some point.

DHall1
February 10th, 2010, 04:05
Yes and hurry up and get the EBCs.

You got a winner of a car there.

DHall1
February 10th, 2010, 04:14
Ben,

Your car was owned by "luckylady"

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11862&highlight=steering+column

Nope: This one is not Bens. It was Daytona/silver

V8weight
February 10th, 2010, 04:23
Ben,

Your car was owned by "luckylady"

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11862&highlight=steering+column
+1 for Dave. You took that and ran with it.

mmaturo
February 10th, 2010, 06:46

I am still amazed at people who are not buying rotors every year like i am. I did 4 sets in 50K under warranty...I bought my car with low 20s on it so essentially i burned through at the same rate...the last was a little obvious but covered...my tech was at the same track event and kinda got it covered. I think Dave's discovery/analysis of the pins in the pads was my downfall so many times...never mind my drivng style and 3 or 4 track events during that time.

The last set I bought in the 60K range has lasted 1.5 years finally although I think i have a thin warped one/both as i get a shimmy now coming down from ludicrous speed quickly.

EBCs are excelllent...first squeal free year for me.

ben916
February 10th, 2010, 07:33
I am still amazed at people who are not buying rotors every year like i am. I did 4 sets in 50K under warranty...I bought my car with low 20s on it so essentially i burned through at the same rate...the last was a little obvious but covered...my tech was at the same track event and kinda got it covered. I think Dave's discovery/analysis of the pins in the pads was my downfall so many times...never mind my drivng style and 3 or 4 track events during that time.

The last set I bought in the 60K range has lasted 1.5 years finally although I think i have a thin warped one/both as i get a shimmy now coming down from ludicrous speed quickly.

EBCs are excelllent...first squeal free year for me.

Not busting your balls M...

It could be driving style or weight of the car, i have no clue but after AUDI5000CSTQ's little brake booster issue last week, I am more cautious. Slowing earlier, using the paddle to downshift for engine compression, etc...
The go pedal works...:heart:
The stop pedal has to work ....

At least the accelerator doesn't doesn't get stuck under the floor mats...

vangelis
February 10th, 2010, 12:20
Any idea where to get good deal on Front EBC reds? I have a set of rear and I need to get one for Front. I found them on eBay around $180 USD just for front set.

JRS-RS6
February 10th, 2010, 12:35
Any idea where to get good deal on Front EBC reds? I have a set of rear and I need to get one for Front. I found them on eBay around $180 USD just for front set.

See first entry on this Thread -- http://performance.thepartsbin.com/basket.php?brandid=4074&partid=12&makeid=34&modelid=708&year=2003

ben916
February 12th, 2010, 01:12
Yes and hurry up and get the EBCs.

You got a winner of a car there.

Discount codes not working:
tpb02
presidentsday09

still at $197.31 for FRONT and REAR...

DHall1
February 12th, 2010, 22:39
Does anyone have a current discount coupon code for these brakes?

MaxRS6
February 12th, 2010, 22:44
I posted an idjut comment on this earlier from another place about getting the fronts for $160. However; I then noticed parts bin- Dhall referenced- sells them even without a discount for $130 - doh slap me silly so I deleted it. From my searching, your find still seems to be the lowest even without discounts. Obviously- would be mo better with further discounts.

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 01:16
In the current class warfare climate. Its cheap or we stay home.

ben916
February 17th, 2010, 22:20
ordered... :)

DHall1
February 18th, 2010, 07:32
did you find any discount codes?

ben916
February 18th, 2010, 10:29
did you find any discount codes?

no but $197 is fine

ttrs6
February 20th, 2010, 15:22
Thinking of getting red stuff but need to no how the initial bite is when cold becuase im sure when they heat up the bite is real good

ShadyBill
February 20th, 2010, 16:50
Just ordered my EBC pads. Use the code "tpbcart" for 10% off. Grandaddy total of $177.

ben916
February 20th, 2010, 16:54
Just ordered my EBC pads. Use the code "tpbcart" for 10% off. Grandaddy total of $177.

I got them yesterday... :)

Discount price late :(

DHall1
February 20th, 2010, 17:03
cold is relative. Mine feel perfect the first couple of stops. But I dont drive in snow or 0F temps

Thinking of getting red stuff but need to no how the initial bite is when cold becuase im sure when they heat up the bite is real good

JRS-RS6
February 26th, 2010, 14:25

Code works -- ordered today Front and Rear.

JRS-RS6
March 5th, 2010, 02:57
Code works -- ordered today Front and Rear.

Installed tonight -- thanks for your help Pat!

topcat_92
March 5th, 2010, 05:19
Is the install pretty straight forward? Any special tools? Any tricks/suggestions? I'll be installing mine this weekend.

JRS-RS6
March 5th, 2010, 15:36
Is the install pretty straight forward? Any special tools? Any tricks/suggestions? I'll be installing mine this weekend.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel59.shtml (http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel59.shtml) is a pretty good reference for the fronts. The only difference I can see in the pictures is that the electrical wear cable on the top left pad was coming off of the top instead of the bottom of the pad. As far as compressing the pistons use the pad and a prybar instead of channel locks that are recommended in this procedure there is less chance of damaging the paint on the calipers and do just one pad at a time. Also, we had to file the paint off of the inside of the U shaped portion of the inner middle of the pads backing plate. Be careful not to overflow the Brake Fluid reservoir when you compress each caliper. We had to remove some excess fluid after finishing the rears and again after doing one of the fronts not much but enough that it would have overflowed.

The rears require a special tool to rotate the piston while being pushed back in like this one: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Brake_Tool/ES9747/ (http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Brake_Tool/ES9747/) otherwise it is very straight forward you just need to take out the top bolt of the caliper, loosen the lower bolt and rotate it up and back for access.

On my car the front rotors were essentially brand new (which is why I did this now) and the rears had plenty left to go still being above the 20mm minimum specified thicks.

V8weight
March 5th, 2010, 15:38
The only uncommon tool you will need is a rear caliper rewind tool. If you don't already have one you should be able to either buy or rent one at any auto parts store. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. Just remember to file the front pads where the ride on the center slides.

JRS-RS6
March 5th, 2010, 17:07
The only uncommon tool you will need is a rear caliper rewind tool. If you don't already have one you should be able to either buy or rent one at any auto parts store. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. Just remember to file the front pads where the ride on the center slides.

Good morning Pat -- I just tried your phone but no luck. Please call me when you get a chance my DVs are on a truck here in MSP and should arrive today.

DHall1
March 5th, 2010, 17:30
Call me too..my TCU is on a truck. I would like to drive my car again.

V8weight
March 5th, 2010, 19:21
Good morning Pat -- I just tried your phone but no luck. Please call me when you get a chance my DVs are on a truck here in MSP and should arrive today.

James, I forgot my phone this morning and I can't remember your number. Just call me at the shop and ask for Pat 651-738-1244

peiserg
March 27th, 2010, 18:02
ok so this will sound like a moron level comment... but when I click that link and it advertises "set" for $67, is that for BOTH sides, or just ONE side? Do i need TWO sets for the rear and two for front?

DHall1
March 27th, 2010, 18:21
"that" link?

A set is for the rear or front.

67 are you talking about the rear set?

ok so this will sound like a moron level comment... but when I click that link and it advertises "set" for $67, is that for BOTH sides, or just ONE side? Do i need TWO sets for the rear and two for front?

4everRS
March 28th, 2010, 04:27
I hope that is for both sides, as I just ordered mine 2 days ago. I understand your confusion though. Below is the link if you were to just search by vehicle type.
http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?N=9183&Nr=OR%28AND%28make:Audi,model:RS6,year:2003%29,AND %28universal:1%29%29&Vi=1574+9617+4294962783&y=2003&mk=Audi&md=RS6

So it looks like they are the same part number as the link in the first page of this thread but with a 'E35' in front:
http://performance.thepartsbin.com/basket.php?brandid=4074&partid=12&makeid=34&modelid=708&year=2003

So what exactly is the difference??

BTW, the code above 'tpbcart' still works to get 10% off. $177.58 with shipping.

Elevens
March 28th, 2010, 04:53
For what it's worth I just order a set of Front and rear for $177.58 shipped using the "tpbcart" Promo code also.

mmaturo
June 22nd, 2010, 17:32
Crap, missed trying the extra 10% with the code above but oh well...still amazed i can get just the fronts for $130 shipped though as $177 everywhere else. Just did an order.

Gustaf
June 28th, 2010, 16:34
I just bought a full set from autopartsway.com for $152.64 shipped. They provide coupons on their Twitter page that gave me a 5% discount.
Here are links to the pads:
fronts
http://www.autopartsway.com/acp/details.cfm?ID=E35DP31513C&xlog=hlxc-
rears:
http://www.autopartsway.com/acp/details.cfm?ID=E35DP31470C&xlog=zaxca

SteveKen
October 11th, 2010, 20:30
Any new coupon codes available before I drop the coins on a set of pads?

Brav
December 27th, 2010, 19:52
Im shopping right now as well.. looks like thepartsbin has the fronts/rears for $130/$67 right now without any codes.. now to find cheap rotors?

JSRS6
December 27th, 2010, 20:38
Brav, go two posts up. I did autopartsway and the shipping was fast and you can't beat the price.
Try code Apwch.

JSRS6
December 27th, 2010, 20:39
And if you buy today, your order could be free. One lucky shopper will get their order free today.

JSRS6
December 27th, 2010, 20:40
Cheapest you will find the stock rotors is on genuine.

Brav
December 27th, 2010, 20:58
Thanks.. but I dont have twitter, or the codes. selling at 177 without codes. do you the code?

JSRS6
December 27th, 2010, 21:02
I don't have twitter either, I just go on the site and look up autopartsway. As above, try code apwch.

Brav
December 27th, 2010, 21:05
Code is expired :(

JSRS6
December 27th, 2010, 21:31
Yeah, wait till new years day, should be a new code. The prices have gone up since then too.

MORS6
December 28th, 2010, 20:25
Thepartsbin looks to be the same company as http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?N=9617+4294962488+1574+11920+9183+834&refine=Brand|EBC (http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?N=9617+4294962488+1574+11920+9183+834&refine=Brand%7CEBC)

You can use the code HOLIDAYBONUS to save an additional 20%. I just ordered front and rear pads. Total with shipping $214.07

nistah
October 5th, 2011, 21:20
Just got a set of front EBC Red's from www.partsgeek.com (http://www.partsgeek.com) for 159 shipped